Difference in clothes sizes shop by shop

Fizzy

Silver Member
Can I ask you opinions on which shops sizes come small, generous.

I know a size 16 for example can vary so much depending on which shop you are in I thought it would be good to know which ones come small so I don't get disheartened with having to get a bigger size.

Im presuming that Next come small, going by how small the childrens clothes are.

I generally think that next and matalan are smaller but I find asda normal, dont really shop anywhere else hun.

marks and spencers are small - monsoon are generous as is new look :) xx

I've always thought next was on the large size, new look also seem to be. Dorothy Perkins is also on the larger size.

It's funny as i've always had trouble in monsoon! Mainly because i've always had big boobs and a smaller waist and a lot of their stuff was the wrong proportions.

Topshop comes up small i think. As do shops like Jane Norman (never bought anything in there!).

I agree about New Look.

Debenhams stuff tends to be pretty good (designers at debenhams, red herring etc)

i find too it varys in the same shop!!

i can try on a 14 in one style of trousers and fits, another doesnt!!

bazzare!! xx

depends on your shape doesn't it. I've got big boobs. I find i can generally get into the same size in Dp's, matalan, monsoon, asda, next, m&s, wallis. But primark - well thats a whole different story - i've got clothes from there ranging from a size 10 (yes thats right:D) - 18, all of which fit me, i'm a size 12-14 depending on what i'm buying (so really a 13 then:confused:).
I don't think its so much the shop but rather the style of what you are buying.

i agree shazzy - primark are allover the place!! x

well I have received some trousers this week from M&S and Additions in a size 24 and they are almost a perfect fit (and should be fitting great in 3 weeks when I am on hols) but today I got some from evans and they hardly go over my bum!! I was sooooooooo annoyed! I hate that shops vary in size - I wish they'd work together to make sure they are the same wherever you go! x

I find Asda varies wildly especially the jeans - I have some bootcut ones that are a 14 and a perfect fit and some boyfriend cut ones (supposidly a baggier fit) in a 14 that won't even go past my thighs??!!

Dorothy perkins and Newlook tend to be favourable but Matalan and Next are on the snug side of things (for me anyway)

I think you can only use size as a very rough guide. I have 2 pairs of trousers for work from florence and fred (tesco) they are EXACTLY THE SAME pair of trousers - 1 pair are baggy, the other pair fit where they touch

xx

I bought some size 14 trousers for school from Primark and they used to fall down!

I had some stretchy size 12 jeans from Asda which fitted me when I was a 14.

x

Back