Different scales.....Docs/Home/Boots

MissyMustDoIt

Silver Member
Hey all,

After 4 days on xenical i had to visit the doc for a seperate issue and whilst i was there, asked to go on the scales and was amazed to see a 1kg (2.2lb) loss!!!:eek:

since then ive not had chance to get to the docs but have stuck to low fat religously....:D

Popped into Boots on tuesday, (1 week since last WI) and it weighed me exactly the same! not lost a lb:cry:

OMG i was so upset, it gives a breakdown in lb's and KG, your BMI, then the best bit.....

OBESE

no sh!t sherlock, i figured that!

BUT my question was.....do scales differ THAT much?

Do you stick to using 1 set of scales, and what happens if i havent lost, il be so angry with myself. argh:sigh:

Youe opinions please ladies :)

Put it this way our scales that we have are pretty old and were acting up lately, I weighed myself this morning and it said 15.5 thats a 3lb gain for me and I was gutted. But thought maybe it was the scales since they have been a bit goofy lately, anyway bought a new set while I was out and when I weighed myself when I got home they new set said 15.1 which is the lowest I have been in over 3 years. So yes scales do differ, as well when I was weighing myself with the old scales I would loose 3lbs and when I got weighed at the docs he would say I lost 6lbs.
Who knows, all I know is my clothes are getting bigger on me and that shows somethings working lol

i don't have scales at the moment but before when i was doing SW i would be weighed in class on the first weigh in and then set my scales when i got home so i knew they matched the ones in class, nothing worse than thinking you lost and then get to class and told it is actually a gain:break_diet:. how ever if it is the other way round that is a nice suprise:D :p.
i am with babymable on this go with what the clothes say;) measure the inch loss as well muscle weighs heavier than fat but you'll notice the inch loss quicker;);):D

first goal by 21-08-09
al

Crystalfaery xx

Hi my cdc scales weigh me 9lb heavier than my wii fit board at home. scales differ a lot sometimes and it also can differ jus by placing them somewhere diff on the floor.

sorry to butt in but hope that helps!

my home scales weight almost 2.5lb less than the scales at my class and my mums weigh more than the class ones!!

Always try to weigh yourself on the same scales at the same time of day and preferably with the same/similar/no clothes.

HTH

that helps loads ladies thanks, my jeans are hanging off my butt, but i dont feel MUCH difference on my tummy and i dont have a tape measure and would be rather scared to know the truth lol

ill go to the docs nxt week and see if there is any loss at all

thanks for the replies. x

Scales are ALL different, no matter how much they cost/digital/blah blah blah....

Do yourself a favour, get rid of yours, weigh on one set of scales monthly and have done it it. Because even then, if that set of scales is out by 2lb, its all relevant, so you will get an accurate reaind of you LOSS.

stick to one set of scales , ONE! .. my doctors scales weigh me 7lbs (at least) lighter then the ones i have...

i kinda see this as a bonus when i go once a month and the loss is more then i thought haha .. kinda a cheat but ahh it makes me feel gud :p x

i dont have scales, jeez id end up with an OCD haha

see my other thread....will be sticking to the docs thread from now on!

Back