Dizzie's food diary - comments welcome!

Well I fell off the wagon big style yesterday :mad: partly due to putting on at weigh in and partly due to having made it through lent without chocolate!! Anyhow, too many excuses, the only reason was that my will power went missing and I couldn't find it.

Today, however, I am feeling motivated from getting up and I aim to spend the next of the week committing 100% to the plan, and not exceeding 10 syns per day - oh and hopefully having a bit more of a varied menu!! :rolleyes:

Monday - Original
Breakfast - porridge (B) with 1 tsp jam (0.5) (hubby forgot to lift out berries to defrost :mad: )
Lunch - bacon (all fat removed), mushrooms, and frylighted eggs on bread (B) with 1 tbsp brown sauce (1), ML yoghurt
Tea - chilli and coriander salmon (1) salad with 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), melon, ML yoghurt

Snacks - skimmed milk (porridge and tea x 3), 2 x babybel (A), 1.5L NAS, Cappucino Nescafe Original sachet (3.5)

Syns for day = 7.5/15
Syns for week (6 days doh!!) = 7.5/90

Last edited:
Tuesday - Original

I am planning to have curry tonight so did hover my fingers over EE so I could have some rice with it - however, I am not upto speed on the 1/3 superfree rule (is that right??) and am not sure what I would put with a portion of chicken curry and rice!! Therefore will save a B for a small portion of rice or pasta, but will struggle if I get hungry during the day as I like to use my second B for Alpen light bars as a snack with a cup of tea to keep me filled up in between meals.

Breakfast - porridge (B) and berries
Lunch - honey roast salmon and scrambled eggs on toast (B), ketchup (0.5), ML
Tea - chicken curry (1) vegetables, melon, ML

Snacks - skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), babybel x 2 (A)

Syns = 1.5/15
Syns for week = 9/90

Last edited:
Righto, back on track today after being a muppet entirely yesterday and eating everything in sight!! No excuse as I said in a different thread - just pure greed and boredom and an urge for chocolate!! :mad:

So off we go with ever good intention for the next 3 days before WI on Sunday morning. If I STS I will be very happy.

Thursday - Original
Breakfast - porridge (B) with berries
Lunch - honey roast salmon salad with 1 tbsp light salad cream (1.5)
Tea - chicken curry (no rice) made from Pataks Tikka Masala paste (1 tbsp = 2 syns), melon and mullerlight

Snacks- milk (A) - porridge and tea x 3, babybels x 2 (A) 2 x alpen light (B), banana

Syns - total 3.5 but adding an additional 1.5 for coffee at match tonight, so a total of 5.

I will be a good girl and stay on track!!

I haven't been good and I haven't stayed on track, and I am furious with myself!! :mad:

No reasons other than boredom and a failure to be able to be disciplined with myself! I aim to dust myself down today and be very good and kick back in from there. I want to lose weight and I need to lose weight - my alternatives are poor health and poor self image and whilst I have the ability to make my own choices then I choose to opt for good health and a better self image!!

Saturday - working until evening and aiming to do an Original day

B'fast - porridge (B) with berries
Lunch - salmon salad with 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), melon, ML yoghurt
Tea - braised steak in Bisto 142ml (2) with onion, mushrooms and carrots, beans and mangetout, Solero berry ice lolly (6)

Snacks - banana with ML, NAS x 1.5l, babybel x 2 (A), skimmed milk for porridge and tea x 3 (A)

Syns - 9.5/15

OK, my weigh in this morning was the kick up the derriere that I needed!!

A new beginning for May - determination and self discipline are the key to it and as I get nearer to our week away in June, I have to resolve now to buckle down and sort myself out. Therefore I am going to commit to this week that I will:

1. Stick 100% to plan
2. Record EVERYTHING I eat or drink so I can hopefully gain some insight into how I can improve
3. Keep my daily food diary updated and make an effort to commit to 30 minutes each evening to read through other diaries, threads and SW advice, in order to gain inspiration in variety of menu's, and general stuff to keep me on track.

I need to start some form of exercise but have a very bad back which doesn't permit much, as well as not one, but two frozen shoulders!! :rolleyes: I walk the dog every day, briskly and for an hour, and I walk all day at work. I need to give it some serious thought though, I've been interested in whether I could begin to jog but am so self conscious I don't think I would ever do it (unless I got up at around 3am lol!!)

Anyway, today Sunday - Original day

Breakfast - fresh grapefruit with Splenda, porridge (B) with berries
Lunch - chicken (flame grilled pieces from Morrisons which I believe to be 0 syns) salad, 1tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5) melon.
Tea - BBQ - but I am having home made beef olives (but my stuffing is chopped mushrooms and onions), pork chop and homemade burger, Salad, Light salad cream 1tbsp (1.5), 2 slices bread (B)

Snacks - banana and ML yoghurt, skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x babybel (A), and a Delmonte Duo (2.5)

Total syns =5.5/15

Tuesday - Original

B'fast - grapefruit with splenda, porridge (B) with berries
Lunch - honey roast salmon salad, 1 tbsp Heinz Light Salad cream (1.5), 1/2 melon, ML
Tea - Chicken curry with 1 tbsp Pataks tikka masala paste (2) and mangetout, baby sweetcorn, banana and ML, Orange

Snacks - Orange, skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, 1.5L NAS, 2 x babybel (A), 2 x Alpen Light (B)

Total syns = 3.5/15

Well that is the plan, down to me to stick to it now!! News report this morning that those people overweight in their middle age are more likely to develop Dementia. Another good reason to knock this dillydallying on the head right now!!

Wednesday - EE

Breakfast - grapefruit with splenda, porridge (B) with berries

Lunch - bacon (all fat removed), mushrooms poached, 2 x fry lighted eggs, dry fried tomatoes +, half tin baked beans, 1 tsp Brown sauce (1), Delmonte Duo (2.5)

Tea - chicken curry made with 1 tbsp Pataks paste (2) filled with tomatoes, pepper, baby sweetcorn and mushrooms, small portion boiled rice, melon.

Snacks - skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, banana and ML, 1.5L NAS (minimum)

Syns for day - 5.5/15

Thats my goal, I will update it later if there are any changes but I really hope to stick to it. Working til Midnight so the curry will be taken to work and warmed up, hoping that that means I will get through the evening without feeling too peckish!!

Looks like a beautiful day again, so going to get my ass in gear and get the dog walked early then just potter round the garden until it is time to get ready for work. Hopefully that will keep my mind off food too!!

Thursday - Original day

Well after the microwave at work yesterday not working and me having to sit and eat cold curry :sigh: I am going to do a red day today - was going to take another curry and rice as I am working til 10pm, but have decided it will be a salad so no microwave required!!

Breakfast - grapefruit, porridge (B) and berries

Lunch - chicken breast stuffed with Babybel (A) and wrapped in bacon, all fat removed, with vegetables, ML

Tea - flamegrilled chicken pieces salad, 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), melon

Snacks - skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3, 1.5L NAS, banana and ML, 2 x alpen lights (B) 2 x Milk Tray chocolates (5)

Syns - 6.5/15

Last edited:
Thank you! :)

:wave_cry: Grumpy head on today so going to really have to work hard that i don't throw myself head first off my good cliff into that huge pool of self destruction!!

Friday - Original day

Breakfast - porridge (B) and berries

Lunch - chicken and grape salad with 2tbsp standard coleslaw (5.5)

Tea - 2 beautiful and very lean lamb steaks with baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, carrots and broccoli, 1 tsp mint sauce (1), banana and ML

Snacks - grapefruit, babybel x 2 (A), skimmed milk for porridge and 2 cups of tea (A), Alpen lights x 2 (B)

Syns for day = 6.5/15

Not sure about that coleslaw - I wasn't prepared enough to make salad for lunch for work so bought one, pre-packed with the coleslaw (and it would have been extremely rude not to eat it!!), do you think 5.5 covers 2 tbsp (doubt it was that much)??

D x

Looks scrummy :)

Coleslaw - standard 5.5 syns per 100g, luxury 8.5 syns per 100g. I think 100g would be quite a lot so you should be fine. Did the salad not have any dressing on it ? Probably worth sticking the salad itself in a syns calculator ??

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Gail x

Looks scrummy :)

Coleslaw - standard 5.5 syns per 100g, luxury 8.5 syns per 100g. I think 100g would be quite a lot so you should be fine. Did the salad not have any dressing on it ? Probably worth sticking the salad itself in a syns calculator ??

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Gail x

Oh thanks Gail!!

No, there was no dressing on it and the lettuce leaves were like cow hide!! I did at one stage contemplate marching back down with 2 huge leather leaves and demand a refund.......but I just politely chucked them in the bin instead! Rest of it was cherry toms, cucumber, boiled egg, grated carrot, spring onions and diced radish, and all plain, so all in all I think it was a free one other than the coleslaw, and you have just made me smile about that, but I will leave it at 5.5 for saintliness!!

Thank you

Have a good weekend too

D xx

Sunday - Original

will be bit of a boring day today - have to leave for work at 2.45 so doubtful I will get any shopping done as hubbie and I have a few other places to get to this morning, so going off what I have!

Breakfast - porridge and 1tsp Jam (1)

Lunch - omelette with lean gammon cubes, tomatoes and mushrooms, banana and ML

Tea - lean gammon ham sandwich on 2 x slices wholemeal (B) with 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), ML, Melon, orange.

Snacks - If hungry I will have bag of French fries (multipack bag) - not sure of syns for these so will put 5 and go have a look later and amend. 1.5L NAS as minimum, SS milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x Babybel (A).

Total syns = 7.5/15
Syns for week = 7.5/105

Need to get organised and chop a melon, and prepare grapefruit for tomorrow as I forgot yesterday so not much SS stuff :sigh:

Have a good day

D x

Last edited:
Morning all and it looks like it is going to be a lovely day again!!

Monday - Original

Breakfast - porridge (B) with berries

Lunch - chicken breast stuffed with Laughing cow light (A) and wrapped in bacon, all fat removed, broccoli, carrots, baby sweetcorn and sugar snap peas, banana and ML

Tea - tinned salmon salad, 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), ML, melon

Snacks - skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 1 x alpen lights 1/2(B), 1.5L NAS. Glass wine x 2 (13)

Syns for day = 14.5/15
Total syns for week = 22/105

Feels like I am missing something but that is all I have got in so can't be!! :confused:

x

Last edited:
Tuesday - Green day

Going to do a green day today - don't generally like them because they tend to make me feel a tad sluggish and bloated.

But I have no car today, and have not yet shopped so I am using what is available, and will do a good days housework to try to keep myself from feeling sluggish.

Breakfast - grapefruit, porridge (B) and mixed berries

Lunch - 1/2 tin baked beans on toast (B) with quorn sausage (free) and quorn burger (1/2), banana and ML

Tea - SW chips, 1/2 tin beans and 2 x frylighted eggs, del monte duo (2.5)

Snacks - SS milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, mugshots, orange, ML and 2L NAS

Syns = 3/15
Syns for week = 25/105

Will update during the day and amend accordingly

Missing for 2 days - Tuesday was fine til I ruined it all at night-time with wine and dry roasted peanuts. Yesterday was my Mums Christmas present day and I won't even go there. :break_diet:

Today sees 3 days of damage limitation, and predominantly EE days.

Thursday - EE day

Breakfast - porridge (B), berries and grapefruit

Lunch - Chicken curry packed with peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms, boiled rice, banana and ML, Melon. (curry made with 2 tbsp Pataks Mild curry paste and made for 3 meals so counting 1.5 per meal as 1tbsp = 2)

Tea - Roast chicken (all skin removed), carrots, broccoli, green beans and courgette, couple of SW roast potatoes, strawberries and ML

Snacks - skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, 2 L NAS, 4 x Mikado (2) - never had them before and can't say I was that bothered!! Nescafe Cappuccino original x 1 sachet (3.5)

Syns for day = 7/15

Fingers crossed to be a good girl.

Last edited:
Friday - Original

Felt very sluggish and bloated this morning after an EE day yesterday so am quickly changing my planned EE day in to a Red day.

Breakfast - grapefruit, porridge (B) and berries

Lunch - chicken curry, no rice (1.5), melon, banana and ML

Tea - chicken salad, 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), strawberries and ML

Snacks - 2 x alpen lights (B), Skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x Baby bel (A), 1.5L NAS, 4 x Mikado (2)

Syns - 5/15

Saturday - Red

Working until midnight tonight so my biggest problem is staving off the munchies later!!

Breakfast - porridge (B) and berries - forgot to do my grapefruit last night:mad:

Lunch - chicken curry (1.5), melon,

Tea - chicken salad with 1tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), strawberries and ML

Snacks - 2 x alpen light (B), Skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x Babybel (A), 1.5L NAS, banana and ML, 25g bag hula hoops (6.5)

Total syns =9.5

Last edited:
From what I can see, all looks good. I'm not so good on original days though !

Well done. Fingers crossed for WI.

Gail x

Back