Dizzie's food diary - comments welcome!

Tuesday - Original

heyho, forgetting yesterday, was a veeeeerrrryy long day and resulted in Cadbury's caramel eggs x 2 being scoffed with rose wine.

Back to plan with gusto!!

Breakfast - grapefruit, porridge (B) and berries

Lunch - prawn stir fry, frylight, garlic, no sauce, strawberries and ML

Tea - chicken curry (Tikka paste) (1.5) packed with peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms, melon,

Snacks - banana and ML, babybel x 2 (A), skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2L NAS. Tube of fruit mentos - I would think 7 syns should cover it at 0.5 syns per sweet ??

Syns for day 8.5 - knew I shouldn't have bought the sweets but by the time I had done all my tasks and completed the shopping I was soooooo hungry I thought I may pass out!! tsk!

Last edited:
Wednesday - Original

Had Magic Porridge for Breakfast this morning - what is all that about then?? I was positively ravenous 3 hours later when I am normally satisfied til 11ish. will give it another go tho simply because I quite like the fact that I can use all my HEA on milk for cups of tea!!

Breakfast - Magic porridge (B) with berries

Lunch - chicken curry (2), strawberries

Tea - prawn stir fry, melon, ML

Snacks - skimmed milk (A), 2 x babybel (A), 2 x Alpen lights (B) and tonight will aim for 1.5L NAS, grapefruit

Syns = 2/15

Feels like something is missing tho!

Thursday - Original

Breakfast - porridge (B) with berries

Lunch - chilli and coriander salmon salad (1) 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), strawberries and ML

Tea - prawn stir fry, no sauce. Banana and ML

Snacks - skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x Alpen light (B), 2 x Baby bel (A), 1.5L NAS, grapefruit

Total syns for day = 2.5

And it is now 8pm and I am RAVENOUS!!! Dangerous times!

Last edited:
Friday - Original

creature of habit am I!! :D

Lunch - ham salad with coleslaw (5)

Tea - Lamb steaks Georgied, with mixed veg - broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, mint sauce 1 tsp (1)

Snacks - 1.5L NAS, babybel x 2 (A), skimmed milk for porridge and tea (A), 2 x alpen lights (B)

Syns - 6

Peckish and fed up of eating the same type of stuff - going to get tea over and done wiht and then plan some changes!!

Sunday - Green

Breakfast - porridge (B) with 1 tsp jam (0.5)

Lunch - nothing really because at work and too busy yesterday on my day off to shop

Tea - baked beans on 1 slice toast (1/2 B) with eggs, ML

Snacks - skimmed milk (A) for porridge and 3 x cups of tea, 1 x Alpen light (1/2 B) 2 x Babybel (A), 1.5L NAS, Thai flavour mugshot x 2

Monday - Original

Lunch - shop bought ham salad with coleslaw (6), melon

Tea - turkey stir fry, banana and ML

Snacks - skimmed milk (A) for porridge and tea x 3, 2 x Babybel (A), 2 x Alpen lights (B), 2L NAS, ML

Syns = 6

Tuesday - Original

Breakfast - porridge (B) and berries

Lunch - chilli and coriander salmon flakes (1) with salad, 1 tsbp Light Salad cream (1.5)

Tea - chicken breast filled with babybel (A) and wrapped in bacon, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower

Snacks - 1.5L NAS, skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, strawberries, ML, melon and grapefruit. 1 x glass red wine (6)

Syns - 8.5

Got a very log stretch ahead of me for the next few days so I am doing my diaries until Saturday morning when I will amend them.

Working until midnight today, then back in 9-3 tomorrow with a dart to change clothes and drive 25 miles for various things but won't get home til 10.30 and then back in work from 6.30am on Friday til 10pm.

Sooooooo........

Wednesday - Original

Lunch - chicken curry made from 1tbsp Pataks Mild Curry paste (2) packed with tomatoes, mushrooms and pepper, Strawberries and Muller Light

Tea - tuna salad with 1 tbsp Light Salad cream (1.5), melon, strawberries and ML

Snacks - skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea x 3, Babybel x 2 (A), 1.5L NAS

Syns - 3.5

Thursday - Original

Lunch - tuna salad with Light Salad cream (1.5), strawberries and ML

Tea - ham and cheese (A) sandwich (B),

Snacks - remaining chicken curry (as per Wednesday) (2), melon, 1.5L NAS, skimmed milk (A) for porridge and cups of tea

Syns - 3.5

Friday - Green

Breakfast - grapefruit, berries and porridge (B)

Lunch - jacket potato with cottage cheese (need to purchase yet and then input syns don't think I can do the very fat free one as I am not a fan at all but it is the easiest thing to take as the works fillings are lush and full of mayo) and salad, strawberries and ML

Tea - Thai mugshots x 2, melon

Snacks - skimmed milk for porridge and cups of tea x 3 (A), 2 x Alpen lights (B) 2 x babybel (A)

Syns - 0

I really am not doing well on SW, the last 2 weeks have been very slow and I've just done a quick jump on the scales and have put on 1.25lbs!!! I really wanted to get into the 13's for the week I go away but I can't see it happening. Getting very fed up now.

Hi Dawnie,

I've seen your post and sorry that you're feeling a bit down in the dumps.

I've had a quick look at your diary, and to be honest, part of the problem may lay in the fact that you're not using all of your syns.

I always thought that the less syns I used, the more weight I would lose, but it really doesn't work like that. Why don't you try a week where you use all 10-15 syns a day (there have only been a few days when you have used this many) and see if it makes a difference.

It may also be an idea to mix up which plan you use a bit more. You seem to do mainly Red so throwing a few more Green's or even some Extra Easy's into the mix may help.

Make sure you drink at least 2 litres of water a day as well, that's another thing that may help.

Hope this helps :)

xx

Hi Kirstabubble

Thank you for your advice.

I had never thought that not eating enough Syns may slow weight loss!! And in fact yesterday I had only half my second (B) and no second (A)..........not by choice but by not being able to find time to eat at work, so I suppose they too count towards the ultimate number of calories we should be aiming to consume?

It is good advice and I will try harder!!

I have read through some other diaries for inspiration but tend to stick with what I like :sigh:

Thanks again and good luck!!

xx

Back