Doc says no

MrsDannyDyer

Silver Member
Well the old cdc foned me and said my doc refused to sign the form. Said she mentioned paying etc etc so then told me i cant ss. But told me in other words if i do it thats up to me, but he doesnt recommend it. A week on ss n i could have a bmi under 40 anyway then dont need docs permission, am i right?

Hi,

How strange? I am no expert but yes I believe bmi under 40 and you don't need a docs signature as long as everything else on the medical form was ok?? Do you know why the doc said no?

Generally docs do charge for signatures (unbelievable!) i.e insurance forms etc but mine was very good and just stamped it without charging, she was happy that I was making a choice to change.

xx

He didnt actually say. To be honest i wasnt really interested as this cdc has messed me around. The new cdc will be going through it all on tuesday so i think ill ask him for the form myself to take with me. But believe it was to do with the money. He said hes never had a doc say no b4.

I'm sure my CDC said a bmi of 35 would have required a Doc's sig. I was 34.85 when I started so didn't quite need it but I am not on SS, I'm on level 1b so maybe that changes things too.

umm strange! Hope the new CDC doesn't mess you around and you get the form sorted soon. Even under bmi 40 they still write to your gp to let them know you are on cd, I believe? Anyway, good luck with the form and CD xx

Hi hun maybe you should go to your doc and explain that you are not asking his permission you just need him to say you are fit and healthy .

Think you can ss+ without docs permission which your cdc will explain to you and you get similar weight loss on it if you ask around on the board loads are doing it xx

Someone should explain to these docs how much money we save the nhs ,I now require no medication and havnt been to see my doc in 9 months used to be there 2 times a month .All this for one little signature and for that they charge .

if your doing SS then no matter what BMI you are your doctor needs to know, if you do SS+ they dont, you dont have to eat, you could use the 200mls skimmed milk option and use it in your drinks, however, if i was you i would SS and not tell them but thats just my oppinion,
the only reason CDC have to get docs permission is so you cant sue them if anything goes wrong lol! :)

id try and get the form and bring it to the doctor and explain, i cant believe some of them wont sign it. i hope you get it sorted hun.

when i contacted my cdc she sent me the med form 1st and i brought it to my doctor then posted it to my cdc and when she got it she rang me and we made appoitment to meet 2hr drive to her!!

I think these rules are there for a reason so just stick to them as you don't want to mess about with your health. My CDC gave me the form and I got my doctor to sign it as my BMI was higher than 40. It may be a slight knock if you wanted to start straight away but I honestly believe it won't be a problem. You could start cutting down your carb intake and help set yourself up for the diet whilst you wait for it to be resolved, who knows you may lose enough weight not to need the doctors' signature. All the best.

BabyB
Hope this all works out for ya soon, maybe the new cdc will be better for ya and will be able to find a solution.
Good luck chick

Im just going to stick with ss. Like i say after a 13lb loss i will be bmi 39, then all they need to do is tell the doc

Thanks everyone... roll on bmi 39

Don't know if this is any use but when i was on lighterlife (last year) the practice nurse signed my form and use to take my blood pressure every 4 weeks. It's worth asking if that is acceptable.

Good luck

hope you get that sorted - what a pain eh
my CDC didnt even mention a doctor or a form and just got me started

I have gone onto SS+ it suits me better, I like the extra shake haha

My doctor would of signed the form though, as since August I have been once every 2/3 weeks as I had to get it down due to high blood pressure, before I could start this as he was glad I had a plan for my weight loss

Good luck hunny, I'm in the same boat, but just emailed my new CDC to see if I can SS+... waiting a response, so you may have a weight loss buddy!

Love

I was in the same boat when i started orinially a few months ago. I had a BMI of just over 40 but my CDC said to give it one week and i should be below it anyway. Said to stick to ss+ but bascially just not tell her if i did ss. I lost 11lbs in the first week and that took me to just under 40, so it was fine then. It helps if you cdc is a bit flexible if you are so close to the bmi in the first place.

When i did ll a few years ago my doctor wouldnt sign my form saying the best way to lose weight was to eat less!!! And there was me wondering where i was going wrong lol. I had to go to a private doc in the end and pay 50 pounds for the privilege!!!

Back