Does anyone else have probs with Carbs!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by pixiepiratess, 16 February 2008 Social URL.

1. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Last week at w.i i sts! ... and was telling my leader that the past week id been having 2 crumpets every day! and somtimes bread for lunch to! .. Even though these were counted into my daily points is there such thing as eating to many carbs?

My meals are usually meat veg and pots, rice, pasta or noodles!

she suggested i cut out eating the crumpets for the week

Does anyone have a prob with eating carbs as regard to losing weight? or do you think it shouldnt matter as long as using within your allowance?

thanks for opinions xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

i totally love carbs bread,pasta pots etc.I try to cut them down as i can overeat oin the bread side.I t will prob make a difference.Good luckx

4. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have been eating a lot of bread this week and am wondering the same. I know you would lose weight quicker without the bread but find that I am happier being able to eat a sandwich for lunch every day. Monday is my weigh in and I will see then!

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Carbs are my downfall, really slows down any weightloss and can sometimes cause a gain. I tend to stay away from them as much as possible, and only eat Nimble bread x

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to admit I havent really found it makes a difference, some weeks I have more than others and cant honestly say Ive suffered for it mind you I do eat the 50/50 crustless bread which is much smaller and lighter than regular bread

Id say the important thing is to stay within your points.

7. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Hun

Have you been tested at the docs? I have an intolerance to carbs (Basically I don't use them for fuel I store them) Doesn't stop me from having them though as I am a carb addict.
    I did do a week with no bread and it made no difference to my weight loss.

Try it for a week and see.

xx

8. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have to admit I havent really found it makes a difference, some weeks I have more than others and cant honestly say Ive suffered for it mind you I do eat the 50/50 crustless bread which is much smaller and lighter than regular bread

Id say the important thing is to stay within your points.

9. pixiepiratess

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ahh i never thought of that! .. Thankyou Im wondering if my docs would do this if i just requested it! hehe

10. Delli

Delli Talks too much

i have a problem with them, in that once i start eating carbs i always overeat! especially white bread. theyre definetly a comfort food to me.

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to admit it wouldnt occur to me to weigh it. Id go by the info on the packet and base it on the kcals & sat fat

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

SNAPX:mad:

13. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have swopped to ww bread and ww rolls, i tend to eat alot of carbs too, helps my ibs symptoms and fills me up enough, my downfall is sweets i used to eat loads, now i just dream i am

14. pixiepiratess

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Oh sweets! ... I was going to make a post about sweet cravings! think ill go that now! thanks for reminding me! hehe ..

Im also going to give ww bread a try xx

15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

im addicted to all foodx:)

16. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well had my weigh in last night and a was a little disappointed. Lost but only 1.5lb. Might try this week to cut down on my carbs. Has anyone tried the core plan?

17. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Yes, carbs will make a diff!

Hello!

Answer is yes, eating carbs will slow fat loss! It WILL come off if eating within points but it WILL be slower.

Carbohydrates (glucose) affect insulin production and blood sugar levels. Excess energy will be stored as fat. Basic body function to keep you alive and well. Not so good when you want rid!!!

So even within points your bodies blood glucose and insulin will be all over the show and making like a hamster at harvest!

Sorry to break to news but too many carbs spoil the weigh in.....

18. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.