Does ketosis kick in faster if already dieting?

SammyE

Silver Member
Ive felt fine all day and then suddenly my head is pounding, my feet and hands are like ice and I feel exhausted and weak.

Before today I was on the Tony Ferguson diet which if followed 100% puts you into Ketosis, I hadnt been 100% for the past few days but I had been pretty good so my glucose and carb levels will have already been low, I didnt expect to start feeling like this until at least day 3 as thats how it was when I started TF, is it possible for it to start at the end of day one if I was already on quite a strict diet?

hi there,

I would say anything is possible! It sounds like your body may have been on the verge of Ketosis anyway!! I have found I get into Ketosis quite quick,, whereas the first time I did it with Lighter life a few years ago it took a good three days and felt truly awful!

Embrace the quickness,,,,rubbish about the cold hands though!

Definitely - I cut out carbs for 2 days before I started the VLCD, and I was in ketosis by the end of day 1. It sounds like you are to me! Good luck :) x

What did you eat to stop having the carbs? Im trying to plan ready for starting Exante next week and want to be as prepared as possible

x

I havent eaten carbs since May the 25th! Well apart from a few slip ups... maybe eaten them 3 or 4 times, well I did eat a small amount of carbs a day but not much more then you eat on Exante.

I actually dont feel too bad now, but I strongly doubt Im going to get away with feeling rubbish for just a few hours! So Im sure it will be back at some point.

so how was it making you feel? and what kind of foods were you eating on TF?

I posted what I was eating before in the WEMITS forum :) You just feel a bit rubbish for a few days, nothing major and it didnt stop me from doing every day life but I was addicted to carbs! I would have a sandwich every lunch with crisps and then I would have either rice, pasta or potatos for dinner... loads of carbs every single day!

I posted what I was eating before in the WEMITS forum :) You just feel a bit rubbish for a few days, nothing major and it didnt stop me from doing every day life but I was addicted to carbs! I would have a sandwich every lunch with crisps and then I would have either rice, pasta or potatos for dinner... loads of carbs every single day!

Oops sorry, Im just excited and nervous and thinking far too much about it I think ha ha

Im abit of a carb freak I need to get myself off them fast!!

Thats ok hun :)

Your be fine, it is hard getting off the food we love... but the end picture is worth it, whats a few hunger pains compared to living a half life because we dislike our weight so much :)

Thats ok hun :)

Your be fine, it is hard getting off the food we love... but the end picture is worth it, whats a few hunger pains compared to living a half life because we dislike our weight so much :)

Yep, very true, I think its allowing yourself to get past those and then when you realise you can it will all come that little bit easier.

Im sure like many others, I want to live a normal happy life and not have such an obstruction to my daily life and feelings

x

Exactly, if you can get it all done within a year then thats not so bad, a year of missing out on food will be better then 10 years of yo yo dieting and getting no where :)

I think its safe to say Im deff in Ketosis, woke up and thought my mouth was bleeding because it tasted so metal! Gross, brushed my teeth three times and used huge amounts of mouthwash yuck yuck yuck! But at least im not hungry!

Worth the lovely metallic taste then? Did cleaning your teeth 3 times help?

x

KETOSIS

Exactly, if you can get it all done within a year then thats not so bad, a year of missing out on food will be better then 10 years of yo yo dieting and getting no where :)

I think its safe to say Im deff in Ketosis, woke up and thought my mouth was bleeding because it tasted so metal! Gross, brushed my teeth three times and used huge amounts of mouthwash yuck yuck yuck! But at least im not hungry!

I always know when Im keytosis, my wife tells me! I agree with earlier posts I am an ex lighterlifer and it was about three days before it kicked in. I started this diet on Monday and I'm sure by Tuesday I was there! No Hunger......sint it a truly amazing feeling (not that Im sure I have ever really been truly hungry in my life!!)

Rob

I dont notice the metallic taste during the day, its only when I wake up and brushing my teeth and using mouthwash does make a difference for me anyway.

I know Rob! I love Ketosis! Ive just had my soup with a pint of water and I actually feel full!

I'm on day 3 and have yet to feel hungry. Have a bit of a funny taste in my mouth but nothing major and no other side effects. How do you truely know when you're in ketosis? xx

The only way you can be 100% is to do those Ketosix things, which you pee on and it changes colour if you are in Ketosis, but I just go by how I feel because Ive been in it before so know how it affects me.

Nee it definately helps to ciut down on carbs before you start it stops the carb withdrawal headaches and tiredness being so bad.

Nee it definately helps to ciut down on carbs before you start it stops the carb withdrawal headaches and tiredness being so bad.

Im on day 5 now and all going ok, I have had minor headaches some little cramps and felt tired but nothing else :)

So far so good, lets hope it stays that way

x

I use the Ketosticks and if there pink it's a good indication. Although the ketone breath is a give away!

Where do you get ketostix from and how much are they?

x

Back