Does lots of exercise lead to no losses??

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your knee :( Hope you're ok?? My Mum has had injections into the joints in her hand and I know how painful she said it was-and she has a very high pain threshold! Look after yourself and get back in to gentle exercise when you feel you can :)

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your knee :( Hope you're ok?? My Mum has had injections into the joints in her hand and I know how painful she said it was-and she has a very high pain threshold! Look after yourself and get back in to gentle exercise when you feel you can :)

thanks Cheekychinchilla im shuddering just thinking about how painful it was i could feel every 'cm' of the needle:eek: i thought i was cgoing to faint when i got back to the waiting room lol i had to sit down for 5 mins. ive been missing not getting out in the fresh air for my run this week so although ive been told to rest for 3 weeks ill just need to be careful but be out walking soon.

Jane76 - what about a gentle swim as the water supports everything? A proper swim, not my version - jacuzzi, sauna and steam!

thanks pbandchoc my normal swim sounds very much like jacuzzi, sauna and steam so might try something different and actually venture into the pool lol

Good luck with the knee. Sounds awful :(
Swimming could be a good idea, but just take things very gently. Even if you just start by walking widths! I know it sounds silly, but I've seen and spoken to lots of people at my local pool who have been ordered by their Dr's/physio's to do gentle exercises in the pool :)

my gosh, after reading some of the negative replies you could easily go away feeling quite dispondant- y im not saying you have to say what that person may want to hear but if you cant be supportive and encourage others then you on the wrong forum

Some of the posts in this thread have been quite out of place in this forum - which is usually so supportive, positive and encouraging. If you want to have a dig at someone for pity's sake go somewhere else - don't do it here!

Hi
I have also had 2 sections and have that horrid hangover. Which exercise are you doing as it is obviously working!!!
Good luck
Julie x

Hathor that was a brilliant post!

I exercise to help tone up and also for the feel good factor afterwards...I'm not in good physical shape by any stretch of the imagination lol and my exercise regime consists of the wii (sports active is brilliant and feels like a 'real' workout), walk at home dvds so I don't have an excuse not to go for a walk when it's raining because I would use any excuse to get out of it and powerplates. I definitely think it has made a difference to my wobbly bits of which there are many lol.

I think any exercise has got to be better than none and I like having the feeling of having done something, how effective it is I don't know but I'm sticking with it :) We should be proud of ourselves for going from eating unhealthily and not having any exercise to taking positive steps and addressing it :)

Well done on the losses! x

Wowsers..what did I start by posting this?? lol
Tx for the replies..I decided to carry on as I am.I'm enjoying my swimming and am upping my lengths by 4 each time.To whoever it was who asked me if the pool was a funny size..it's not a 25 m pool it's a 33.33 m pool so now I've worked up to over 50+ lengths a time I'm doing more than 1 mile each time.So far this week I've had two rest days but swam every other of the five days and also done five exercise bike sessions.My WI is tonight so I guess we'll see what the scales say :eek: xx

tx hun x
I've been 101% on plan so reallly hoping for a bit of a loss just to keep this motivation going :p
Oh and re the syns.I did it again ..only 8.5 syns this week.I just CANNOT make myself eat choc or whatever when my head in so far in this helthy eating zone:eek: Plus I'm eating so so much superfree that there's no room left for syns!

I lost 4 lbs! :D:D:D So will keep doing what I'm doing and see how next week goes.I went and did 30 lengths after WI to celebrate :p tx for asking xx

Hayley, congrats on the weight loss!! You must be chuffed!

You say you're not eating enough Syns - why not try and have things that can be worked into your usual meals (i.e. not thinking that you can only use them for "treats")? Things like gravy, butter, mayonnaise, a tbsp of oil in your cooking?

well done on your loss the exercise has definetly helped you along there, you should be chuffed with yourself for all your effort x

Back