Done it now! First Atkins kind of meal!

BrianSecretAgent

Hi there, after a week of Lipotrim TFR, I didn't think I could sustain it just on shakes! Following very supportive comments from you guys I decided to try and cross over to the Atkins way of life! So - had my first meal tonight...
A breast of chicked roasted in the oven - on a bed of spinach, a head of broccoli and a small single potato... and a pint of water.
How does that sound?? :cool:

No potato!! More meat & veg & it'd be perfect!

Have you read the stickies at the top??

Thankz Ditzee... Ok - I ordered the books yesterday and they should arrive tomorrow... so I will take on board about the potato. What about fruit? I will learn...

Hi there, after a week of Lipotrim TFR, I didn't think I could sustain it just on shakes! Following very supportive comments from you guys I decided to try and cross over to the Atkins way of life! So - had my first meal tonight...
A breast of chicked roasted in the oven - on a bed of spinach, a head of broccoli and a small single potato... and a pint of water.
How does that sound?? :cool:

just as easy to cook whole chicken some left for a snack

I maybe should have waited for the Book! - but I don't know how I would have lasted much longer with just shakes... Thanks for your responses...

Aww stick with it,

It can be a bit confusing at first but after a few weeks you will know what you can and cant have and it will become second nature - you wont have to think about it.

Dont worry about asking loads of questions if you need to cos we've all been there x

Meat meat, meat, meat, eggs, bit of cream, bit of cheese, green veg and lots of water!! :D

I'm going to have to stop saying thank you all the time, but - thank you all! I was really struggling on Lipotrim and having NOTHING but shakes... very little variety and it just was unbearable to think about six months with just three choices. OK - tomorrow I'm hoping to have for B - Omlette and monterey jack cheese. L - Red salmon with bell pepper / onion / mayo and some toms. T - I might buy a steak on the way home?

Quick question - Could I have some kind of Indian take away without the rice and have salad with it? If so - like a Tikka Rogan Josh???

I'm going to have to stop saying thank you all the time, but - thank you all! I was really struggling on Lipotrim and having NOTHING but shakes... very little variety and it just was unbearable to think about six months with just three choices. OK - tomorrow I'm hoping to have for B - Omlette and monterey jack cheese. L - Red salmon with bell pepper / onion / mayo and some toms. T - I might buy a steak on the way home?

Quick question - Could I have some kind of Indian take away without the rice and have salad with it? If so - like a Tikka Rogan Josh???

no no

Hi Brian - I would leave out the red pepper and tomato whilst on induction, also use spring onions rather than regular onions. Rest looks good (Indian is a no no for now!!)

The rogan josh will be high in carbs as its tomato based & they are a high carb vegetable... the best types of currys are the tandoori dishes as they are dry & so no hidden carbs in the sauces.

There was a thread on this I'll see if I can find it... check out the recipe thread at the top... lots of fab recipes for currys.

The rest of your day looks ok but your best off having green vegetables as they are very low in carbs... tomatoes, peppers & onions are all the higher carbed vegetables.

Have posted a couple of links for you to look at on yr other post. x

What about green tomatoes... lol. OK -OK ... so no tomoatoe based dishes - I take it that would also include salsa. But - for later on once through the induction... the creamy mild Indian sauces? I like the dry Tikka sauce so that's good.

Quick question - What is the purpose of the induction period - how long would you suggest I stay on it... :)

Hi Brian, the purpose of Induction is to clear the glycogen stores out of you liver so that you can begin burning off your body fat. The orignial Atkins book states 2 weeks but some people do stay on induction for longer..

Have a look at the curry links that DitzeeB has given you, I do a nice chicken Korma on Induction with cream and korma powder... yum.

Back