donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
banana%20dancer.gif
She is lovely isn't she lol!! She has a friend - take her home to your diary x
banana%20dancer.gif

Last edited:
Saturday 10 July, Day 5, Extra Easy
banana%20dancer.gif

B: Nat yogurt, honey (1), banana
L: NASTY Pasta n Sauce - Mac Cheese (never again!)
D: Hungry Horse Pub - Chicken & Bacon (didn't eat bacon as it was really fatty and I hate fatty bacon!) on a green salad with toms, cucumber and red onion and a low fat dressing (am gonna estimate 9 syns but it was probably nearly 3-4)
HEA Milk
HEB
SYNS: Honey (1), Low fat dressing (9) = 10 syns

Exercise: 45 min walk - should have been 20 mins but there was a gas leak and my little walk home ended up an epic drag around the houses!

So jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 7
banana%20dancer.gif

Last edited:
Hi Donna, jsut checking out your diary. Some great recipes there. I like the look of the parmesan chicken - must try that one. I used to make Thai curry last time i was on the plan and i used to use light coconut milk and only a few tablespoons and it worked really well and not many syns. I'd have to go digging to find the recipe but if you want it let me know. If you don't mind me saying, you don't seem to have very many syns. Do you know that it won't make any difference if you skip your syns - it'll only make you feel deprived. I tried it and tested it and I lost no more weight when I missed syns than when I did. I used to have a crunchie every day (10syns) and I lost the weight. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. I'll be back! x

I don't mean to skip my HEB and syns I just can't physically fit it all in, I'm not that keen on salad cream or mayo and only like ketchup on chips (and not even on the SW ones!), I am slowly trying to rework all my familys favourite recipes into SW versions and I hope to incorporate my syns in. I don't want to get into the habit of having a "treat" at night cos this was my danger time- any tips on using syns and HEB I;d be most grateful!

Millie - had a lovely time at the pub - went with my brother in law and his wife, there was a big bouncy castle for our kids and they went into the indoor play area - was v good only had salad (which I really enjoyed) whilst the other 3 munched on onion rings, chips, potato wedges etc

My Paul has fallen off the diet BIGTIME and is now saying he is going to book holiday off this week ha ha!

Sunday 11 July, Day 6, Extra Easy
banana%20dancer.gif

B: Woke up late - took to work, so busy I put it in fridge (yog and banana for tomorrow)

L: Thai red curry, mushrooms, sweetcorn, onion, peppers (really didn't enjoy this!) (3 syns)
D: Tuna pate and Ryvita minis
HEA Milk
HEB Ryvita Minis
SYNS: Thai red curry paste (3) = 3 syns

Exercise: zilch!
So jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 7
banana%20dancer.gif

How about using a bit more oil in cooking or butter on toast as your syns? You have to have some pleasures lol! How do you make your tuna pate? I tried one out of the mag but it was just a horrid runny mess and nothing like it looked in the mag.

Well - I made a smoked salmon one which was lovely (100g smoked salmon blended with dill, lemon juice, salt &pepper and tub of quark) completely free and delicious

The tuna one is new - I used 2 tins of tuna, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper, tub of quark, it isn't runny but I have put in fridge to mature, I think it will taste a bit better tomorrow (bit like the SW hummus)

The problem with the oil is hubby is doing SW too, and he has no trouble using his syns and HEB, so if I increase for my dinner I've either got to cook two pans or make him reduce his syns, I will sort it out - thanks for your suggestins, donna x

Well done you - very good at the pub :)

I tend to get to 8pm at night and I have a HxB and syns left and end up eating loads during a small timescale. :( I am trying to spread these evenly through the day now.

WI tomorrow!

Monday 12 July, Day 7, Extra Easy
banana%20dancer.gif

B: Natural yog, honey, banna (1 syn)
L: Big tub of carrots, tub of grapes (wasn't the plan but late leaving work, late collecting Noah got home 4pm, so had early dinner)
D: Macaroni Cheese (yum yum!) carrots, cucumber, WW Yog
HEA 6x Extra Light Laughing Cow
HEB Alpen light
SYNS: Honey (1), Parmesan (1.5), 1xTesco Mallow Teacakes (4.5), Milk for tea & Mac Cheese (2) = 9 syns

Exercise: 60mins walking!

Last edited:
Macaroni Cheese!

Tonight's tea
1/4 pack Tesco Macaroni
Handful plum toms, sliced
1x Red onion
2x rasher back bacon (fat removed)
6x Extra Light 17.5g Laughing Cow Triangles
Splash Milk (1 syn)
1 tbsp Parmesan grated (1.5 syns)

Cook macaroni
In separate frying pan frylite onion, remove from pan
Add more frylite, cut bacon into strips and cook until crispy
Melt cheese triangles with splash milk
Drain macaroni (don't worry if there is a little bit of water left will make cheese sauce go further)
Mix cheese sauce, macaroni, toms, bacon and onions well, place in ovenproof dish, sprinkle parmesan on top to give it a crisp topping, grill for about 5-10 mins
MacCheese1.JPGMacCheese2.JPG

Hi Donna

Been enjoying reading your food diary, you've made some lovely meals and i'll def be pinching some of your ideas lol

Thanks for the messages you left for me and the hugs x

Not long joined this site but have found everyone to be so friendly and this site is soo helpful. I always seem to be short on time though and can't come on as often as i'd like!

Your weightloss is great, you've inspired me to get my big ars* into gear to get more organised!

Leigh xx

Back