Don't shoot me but why do we have to search before we post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
kingleds said:
I do think different people consider different things to be personal.

For example, someone asking, do you have a treat day, is a fairly personal thing, but actually, the responses will be pretty much the same regardless of who asks the question or the reasons why they are asking.

If someone asks 'do i need 1/3rd superfree' because I don't like fruit, it personal, but the responses will be the same as if you just asked, 'do i need 1/3rd superfree' (Yes is the answer btw :D)

I do just wnat reiterate the fact hat no one here is ever meaning to nasty oir rude. Aside from anything else, whats the point? You don't know me from adam. I might be a 90 year old bloke for all you know. Why would I be like that and more to the point, why would you care even if I was? I am not important to you in the real world!

Its been my experience that if you get one comment from someone which upsets you, then you will often read every other comment from them with the assumption they are trying to to annoy you, even when they aren't. I have found that it makes more sense to use the Ignore list in this case rather than get yourself all het up by someone. You can add someone to your ignore list by clicking on User CP, then edit ignore list. Just put their username in and hit save. You then won't see any of their posts (& btw, if you are going to block me please make sure you put my username in right, cos iphone predictive text has a habit of changing mine to Kingsleds - which won't work :D ;))

Have a great day everyone x

So THAT'S what happened!!! Lol!
Last person I ignored chased me into my diary, iPhone gives you a preview of their post but you can't see the whole thing!

I have been a bit worried about posting just incase I got it wrong and got told off, after reading this it does seem a bit silly now....would it really matter???
So from now on no more lurking and a lot more posting! I love the advice on here and use it all the time and now im getting to grips with the plan i might even be able to give some!

I have been a bit worried about posting just incase I got it wrong and got told off, after reading this it does seem a bit silly now....would it really matter???
So from now on no more lurking and a lot more posting! I love the advice on here and use it all the time and now im getting to grips with the plan i might even be able to give some!

of course its silly....post away!!! no-one will ever have a go for posting a question, its the repetitive questions people have a problem with and syn/recipe/HE queries being asked in the main forum instead of the sub forums etc but as Kingleds has said you don't know us and we don't know you so why should anything matter, its the world wide web and how boring would it be if everyone agreed on things!! ;)

marathon_runner said:

Yay! You can give useful advice no matter how long you've been doing it btw :)

Awww thanks guys, feeling stupidly excited now! Im in whooo hoooo!
(yes my life is that boring :p)

I never realised that saying "someone asked this earlier", "have a little look using the search engine" or "you'll find the answer in the correct sub-forum"was considered a telling off!

No i don't think so, I think you'll find its quite a few people going on about rudeness and bad manners which makes it more of a significant problem and less of just petty arguing for the sake of it! Anyway do you not think that instead of posting here and carrying on something that has already been solved ( i.e. any further problems and we just press the report button) we should be answering other posts and helping people?

No i don't think so, I think you'll find its quite a few people going on about rudeness and bad manners which makes it more of a significant problem and less of just petty arguing for the sake of it! Anyway do you not think that instead of posting here and carrying on something that has already been solved ( i.e. any further problems and we just press the report button) we should be answering other posts and helping people?

In that case I'm not sure why you've replied again :)

To stop people getting petty and making it into something that it isn't

ooops put my foot in it already.

Somehow my last post went missing, it just said thanks really for the earlier comments.

I thought this thread was about people helpfully suggesting to use the search engine & others finding that a telling off?! I was saying that's not a telling off, it's helpfully pushing someone in the right direction.

My two cents, for what it is worth...

(two cents, fact fans...)

I have been around. On the internet, obviously...:eek:

I have been a member of various forums, and this one is the one I would consider the least offensive I have ever been a member of. (Whether that says more about the nature and tone of the places I tend to frequent... well... I will leave that open to your interpretation...)

But EVERYTHING on the internet is open to the interpretation of the reader. If someone logs in here, feeling a bit vulnerable, which, you know, many of us here are, and have issues that others know nothing or very little of, then we may read something in response to something we have said that makes us feel worse. That might not have been the intention of the person who wrote it, but they don't know you are having a bad day, or that what they have said has hit a nerve with you.

So do try and remember that when you see a post that you feel is "rude" and think about whether or not it really IS being rude, or whether it is simply that you are reading to it because that is the frame of mind you are in when you read it. Ask yourself if there is any other way it can be interpreted that you might have missed! If not, then hit the report button!

There is NO way to interpret the intent behind a written message, well, not unless we start writing about ourselves in the third person - "Why not have a look in the relevant sub-forum?" she said sarcastically with her tongue firmly planted next to her slightly ill-fitting dentures would be frankly weird, although I might start posting like that for self-amusement purposes so that no misinterpretation can occur...

Anyhoo - everyone just lighten up. We all have the same aims and same goals, to be fitter, healthier and happier within ourselves. And if we can achieve that while searching the relevant subforums to see if there is any relevant information out there that we might relate to, any snippets of past wisdom that might help us get there, then we should just jolly well rise up, in unison, with one voice, and hit that search button!!

This has been a public service broadcast on behalf of the United Nations. :D

MadameLaMinx said:

I have been a member of various forums, and this one is the one I would consider the least offensive I have ever been a member of. (Whether that says more about the nature and tone of the places I tend to frequent... well... I will leave that open to your interpretation...)

But EVERYTHING on the internet is open to the interpretation of the reader. If someone logs in here, feeling a bit vulnerable, which, you know, many of us here are, and have issues that others know nothing or very little of, then we may read something in response to something we have said that makes us feel worse. That might not have been the intention of the person who wrote it, but they don't know you are having a bad day, or that what they have said has hit a nerve with you.

So do try and remember that when you see a post that you feel is "rude" and think about whether or not it really IS being rude, or whether it is simply that you are reading to it because that is the frame of mind you are in when you read it. Ask yourself if there is any other way it can be interpreted that you might have missed! If not, then hit the report button!

There is NO way to interpret the intent behind a written message, well, not unless we start writing about ourselves in the third person - "Why not have a look in the relevant sub-forum?" she said sarcastically with her tongue firmly planted next to her slightly ill-fitting dentures would be frankly weird, although I might start posting like that for self-amusement purposes so that no misinterpretation can occur...

Anyhoo - everyone just lighten up. We all have the same aims and same goals, to be fitter, healthier and happier within ourselves. And if we can achieve that while searching the relevant subforums to see if there is any relevant information out there that we might relate to, any snippets of past wisdom that might help us get there, then we should just jolly well rise up, in unison, with one voice, and hit that search button!!

Couldn't agree more!!! You've put a smile on my face this morning reading that lol

Well said :)

I've just signed in via the net and 'liked' several posts! Ooo I'm a devil, I really am.......! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back