Don't shoot me but why do we have to search before we post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Lucy... I'm reluctant to respond to things too. I even started a thread a few days ago entitled 'Be Kind', and yes, the day after posting it discovered it was in the wrong place! Most people I think have good intentions, but I must admit, sometimes I take a sharp intake of breath when I read some of the responses (from the same people). There are certain posts I gloss over now when I see certain names, coz I feel they usually lean towards the sarky end of the scale when leaving a reply. Thank you Lucy for highlighting this. Xo

shoegirl said:
I'm with Lucy... I'm reluctant to respond to things too. I even started a thread a few days ago entitled 'Be Kind', and yes, the day after posting it discovered it was in the wrong place! Most people I think have good intentions, but I must admit, sometimes I take a sharp intake of breath when I read some of the responses (from the same people). There are certain posts I gloss over now when I see certain names, coz I feel they usually lean towards the sarky end of the scale when leaving a reply. Thank you Lucy for highlighting this. Xo

I honestly shake my head when I see posts like this!! Why are you reluctant to respond to posts? You don't know us and we don't know you so why do you care what people have to say! I don't care who's on here and who says what, its the world wide web and people are always gonna have differences, we aren't face to face so I don't see why what anyone says should bother you it certainly doesn't bother me, when I log off I log off I don't sit and ponder over what people have said! Life's too short and I'm certainly not gonna get all hot and bothered over complete and utter strangers! Some people just need to chill a bit and stop taking everything so serious! :)

If someone replies suggesting to use the search engine or stating the post is in the wrong forum, it's not telling off, it's not being rude, it's not trying to "shoot" someone & it's not being unkind. I've been on this forum 3 years & never once seen an unkind comment. As others have said, you don't know the tone of the message & if you interpret it rudely, maybe that's just the way you've interpreted it & it wasn't meant to be.

I honestly shake my head when I see posts like this!! Why are you reluctant to respond to posts? You don't know us and we don't know you so why do you care what people have to say! I don't care who's on here and who says what, its the world wide web and people are always gonna have differences, we aren't face to face so I don't see why what anyone says should bother you it certainly doesn't bother me, when I log off I log off I don't sit and ponder over what people have said! Life's too short and I'm certainly not gonna get all hot and bothered over complete and utter strangers! Some people just need to chill a bit and stop taking everything so serious! :)

People are allowed their own opinions, if bluntness and rudeness bother some people then it bothers them. Good for you that it doesn't bother you what people on here say,but wouldn't the world be a boring place if we were all the same?!

Fwiw to me, telling people to 'chill' because they have found some posters to be abrupt is rude, it is their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back