DQ in 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
really sorry to hear you are feeling rough again hun. :(

Get yourself to the dentist tomorrow if you can. You shouldn't have to put up with that until Wednesday.

Just for the record - I'm still being good, Day 6 tomorrow and first weigh in on Wednesday morning. I'll let you know how I get on :D

xxxx

Morning

Well here I am at home, with a face that quasimodo would hide :eek: The right side of my jaw is completely swollen, and I can't move my mouth very well. I've got some hefty duty gel which is great for numbing my mouth, but it means no hot drinks. And eating is incredibly painful so am finding it hard to get all my calories in - who would have thought it?! :rolleyes:

Got my two weeks falling stars :clap: and I am very pleased with myself for not using this as an excuse to pig out. Got a few clients this afternoon, but it looks like a Facebook morning with plenty of water :p

Hey DQ!

Sorry to hear about the tooth ache - it's really the pits in the pain dept isn't it?!! I've only ever had toothache once and didn't sleep all night - I told OH I would rather have given birth to all three of the kids one after the other as that was less painful.... and combined was actually less time that the length of time I was in pain with the tooth....lol:eek:

Hope you get it sorted soon and also that your daughter is feeling better too......

Love

hi D Q, sorry about your tooth ache, cant you phone and get a easrlier appointment.

We used to rub a bit of whiskey on an tooth ache, (or did we just drink the bottle) helped a little bit tho.

hi D Q, sorry about your tooth ache, cant you phone and get a easrlier appointment.

Unfortunately was the earliest they could get me in :(

We used to rub a bit of whiskey on an tooth ache, (or did we just drink the bottle) helped a little bit tho.

Like the sound of it, but reckon with all these painkillers would knock me on my butt!! :giggle:

Clove oil!!!! Bloody marvellous for toothache, tastes minging but does work.

Get you not eating too much, wish I wasnt, although 790 has gone belly up but Im under control, even said no to a bag of crisps today, not because I didnt want them, but because I wasnt hungry, hmmm, have a reached a parallel dimension, dont think I have ever done that before!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, live n learn.

Glad the tens is helping, never used one before, got one to help give birth and then got booked in for a section the day after!!!

Chin up DQ, you doin just mighty fine x

Hey D_Q, thanks for the email.. :)
Hope your well, i am back on forums (VLCD Area) and restarting friday evening, so keep your eyes peeled.

D_Q :hug99: sorry about your nasty tooth ache:mad:. Hope you can get it sorted soon. How is middle daughter hope she is feeling better. There is a nasty stomach bug going round. I had it last week then megan, ethan and keira over the weekend just stu and ellie to go but fingers crossed they will not get it.

Huge yawn!!!!

Well I made it to the dentist. Before I even opened my mouth, he said he could tell I had a big abscess. When he looked into my mouth he said 'wow, that's a massive infection!!' :eek: Not what I wanted to hear, but not that surprised. He has put me on two major antibiotics, plus some more painkillers. I go back to work on Monday because tbh taking all these tablets is wiping the floor with me :(

I still look like I swallowed a grapefruit, but am hoping that will go down soon. Still being a good girl food-wise - amazingly - and going to try and rest as much as possible the next couple of days. Please, can I catch a break?! :innocent0001:

Are you feeling any better yet? Hope you're getting plenty of rest....if it's possible with kids! Us Mums arn't allowed to be ill are we? :rolleyes:

Hi DQ

Here's wishing that you are feeling sooo much better soon and that you start to feel the benefits from the antibiotics!

I hope that whichever programme you are following right now is working for you. I think I may finally be getting my head around my own personal 'brick wall' and will soon be finding a way over, under or round rather than keep hitting it!

Hope to hear from you soon

Hiya D_Q :hug99: how are you doing sweety has the toothache gone yet. I Hope you are feeling a lot better I will keep checking in on you.:wavey: X X

Are you feeling any better yet? Hope you're getting plenty of rest....if it's possible with kids! Us Mums arn't allowed to be ill are we? :rolleyes:

The girls are looking after me - really being fantastic at the moment :D

Hi DQ

Here's wishing that you are feeling sooo much better soon and that you start to feel the benefits from the antibiotics!

I hope that whichever programme you are following right now is working for you. I think I may finally be getting my head around my own personal 'brick wall' and will soon be finding a way over, under or round rather than keep hitting it!

Hope to hear from you soon

You sound good Helen. I'm following CD1000/1200 - not allowed on any of the lower cal programmes cos my Dr doesn't want me to at the moment. Not sure what the scales are saying, but I do feel like I am getting through each day well :)

Hiya D_Q :hug99: how are you doing sweety has the toothache gone yet. I Hope you are feeling a lot better I will keep checking in on you.:wavey: X X

Toothache still there,but has calmed down. Just a dull ache now rather than major pain. Think the anti biotics are kicking in as my face is slowly going down. Back to work tomorrow :)

Hi hun

Just wondering if you are feeling any better yet? I really do hope so. Thinking of you and sending massive get well soon thoughts xxx

Hiya honey!! I'm ok - you know me, just gotta keep going :p

Glad to hear the toothache is going. What would we do without antibiotics eh.

A little update :

Friday night was the premier of High School Musical 2 on Disney. Bought in some goodies for the girls, and they invited their friend from next door round. Nina and I went upstairs, and they had a mini cinema experience in the living room. :cool: Once that had finished, I bought them pizza and sent four excited girlies upstairs to watch DVDs in their room. Nina bounced up and down the stairs between us - was so lovely to hear all that laughter :D

Saturday : two of my sisters came down from Birmingham. Was so lovely to see them. DH was out photographing a wedding, so it was just us girls. Didn't do much but sit around, laugh and talk, and generally chill out but it was fab :D They stole some of my books (hmmm, will have to make sure I get those back) and left just after 4. Chilled out some more with my girls, and generally relaxed.

Sunday Hair braiding day. The girls are back to school tomorrow so it's hair-washing and plaiting for me. I've got to sort out some clothes for my return to work tomorrow - I need things I can attach the tens machine to as I wear it pretty much all day now.

The toothache is getting better, and the swelling from the abscess is going down. Still feeling a bit groggy - on two different sets of anti biotics, plus my normal painkillers and anti inflammatories :(

Am going through a set of pads per week on the tens machine, but it is worth it for the sheer relief it brings. Gonna try using medical tape to keep the pads in place, and may consider buying shares in a battery company :p

So, I have had a lovely weekend so far, and am doing ok. CD1000/1200 is going well - dunno if the scales will have moved this week, but am comfortable with what I'm doing which is a good place to be. :cool:

So that's me ;)

Hi, DQ. :)

Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend! Glad to hear your toothache's getting better - I know how painful abcesses are!

I'm in sympathy with your back pain. Mine 'went' a few weeks' back, whilst getting the kids' bikes out of the playhouse. I was in agony initially, but it got better after a few days. Then, last Saturday, it went again whilst simply bending down to put a plaster on my daughter's knee! This time it hasn't gotten better, as, each day, it keeps spasming over stupid things (such as sneezing), and setting itself right back again every time. I can't walk or stand upright at all, and it's incredibly painful. I've never had back problems at all, so it's a bit alarming! I'm starting a new job after half-term, which'll be rather physical as i'll be teaching disabled children - i'm becoming very worried that it won't get better in time! I also wanted to decorate in the meantime (i'm not teaching, at the moment), so it's very frustrating that I can barely even walk!

Sorry to moan on your thread! I'm considering getting a Tens machine, but am putting it off in the hope that the pain will soon go away by itself!

It's funny, as i've been constantly thinking of you, and how long you've had to put up with this, the whole time my back has been bad!

Jo x

Hey Jo - :hug99: on the back spasms, those are the worst cos there is nothing you can do but wait for them to pass!!! If you can, get a tens machine - £14.99 from Lloyds and worth their weight in gold!! :cool:

Good luck for the new job - sounds challenging but fun!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back