Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

5/10 (Tuesday)

Breakfast: strawberries + 42g All-Bran + milk (HeA + HeB)
Snack: chocolate!!! 20 syns* (had quite a few pieces after my post yesterday, so it's more like 20 syns.)

Lunch: M&S eat well garlic prawn (1 syn) + salad leaves + Itsu on the go sushi roll (2 syns say with sesame)

Snack: apples, crab sticks
Dinner: Singapore fried rice noodles, with chicken, + lots of onions, spring onions, bean sprouts and curry powder, roast parsnip, homemade sweetcorn and carrot soup , 1 glass tropicana orange juice* 3 syns*

Total: 24 syns
they're nice swiss chocolate… really worth the syns (I'd probably change my mind when I see my weight next week…)

Was very close to buying two large packets of kettle chips (2 for 2 quid at tesco) ... Walked away in the end but I do want crisps

Just checked, each 40g small packet is 9.5 syns. The packet I was gonna buy was a 150g one which is 6 syns for 25g, which is 36 syns per pack. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy. (but I still want kettle chips)

Last edited:
Have you tried making SW crisps hun? I quite fancy some right now! xxx

No I haven't. Sounds like a good idea! How do you do it? Cutting really thin slices, spray fry light, season and bake? Are the thin potatoes slices free ?

No I haven't. How do you do it? Cutting really thin slices, spray fry light, season and bake? Are the thin potatoes slices free ?

I slice thin but not too thin otherwise they burn, frylight a plate, season the slices and then place on plate but not overlapping, then a little spray of frylight over them, and in the microwave for 8 mins... My microwave is 950W so a little more or less time depending on the wattage of yours :) Yep they are free if you are doing EE or Green, they are lovely and you can't make very many at a time but they certainly are worth the effort in my opinion. Made SW doritos on the weekend from par-boiled lasagne sheets - rubbish! xxx

Thanks, will try tonight when I get home from work :) :) :) (few more hours to go, yawn)

6/10 (Wednesday)

Breakfast: spinach + noodles soup
Snack: apple
Lunch: Singapore fried rice noodles, with chicken, + lots of onions, spring onions, bean sprouts and curry powder, lots of spinach
Snack: apple, blackberries + SW chocolate cake (3.5 syns unless I'm allowed to count the All-Bran as HeB) + small amount of 2% fat yogurt milk (HeA)
Dinner: fried noodles, with chicken, + onions, mushrooms and shitake mushrooms, broccoli, homemade sweetcorn and carrot soup , homemade grape jelly (made using 75ml Welch's grape juice,* 1 syn), cola sweet, 1 syn

Total: 5.5 syns
Quite a low syn day.* Thought about going to the gym but stayed home to watch the Apprentice instead… :p

bought some potatoes to make SW crisps, but also bought 2 small packet of kettle chips (40g) as a treat, had 1 pack, 9.5 syns, but it was YUMMY.

now heading to the gym.

hehe :p hope you like the crisps more than kettle chips once you make them!

have a good time at the gym? x

I guess sometimes we just have to use the syns! :p Gym was busy, spent some time cycling till a treadmill is free, then did some running / brisk walking! Felt good afterwards :)

Last edited:
7/10 (Thursday)

It's a left over day. (I'm feeling very lazy)

Breakfast: left over fried noodles, with chicken, + onions, mushrooms and shitake mushrooms, spinach
Lunch: left over fried noodles, with chicken, + onions, mushrooms and shitake mushrooms, spinach
Snack: apple x 3, small packet of Kettle Chips (9.5 syns)
Dinner: left over Singapore fried rice noodles, with chicken, + lots of onions, spring onions, bean sprouts and curry powder, broccoli
Dessert: strawberries + fat free yogurt

Exercise: 5 minutes cycling, 20 minutes on treadmill

Total: 9.5 syns
(forgot to take any alpen light to work hence no HeA nor HeB today)

Hi hun, sorry I've been absent for a while. Looks like you are doing really well. Have you tried those SW crisps yet? I love Kettle chips, infact I love all crisps, lol.

Hi hun, sorry I've been absent for a while. Looks like you are doing really well. Have you tried those SW crisps yet? I love Kettle chips, infact I love all crisps, lol.

haven't tried the crisps yet - I did buy some potatoes though, may try this weekend.

8/10 (Friday)

had a rather syn-ful day.

had a small piece of tiramisu as dessert during lunch, then a few small slices of banana cake as tea. they are small portions, but they add up. I think it's because I haven't had such treats for a long time, when I see them in front of me, I find them hard to resist.

Tiramisu, 28g 4
the piece I had looks like it's 56g, so that's 8 syns

Banana cake... they're small slices (5cm x 5cm x 2cm), say 5 syns each, and I had 5 :eek:

that's... 33 syns :eek:

have been good otherwise... :rolleyes:

Breakfast: All bran + milk + blackberries (HeA + HeB)
Snack: fresh pineapple + mango from M&S
Lunch: homemade beef curry + rice + salad + tiramisu (8 syns)
Snack: 5 banana cake slices, 25 syns
Dinner: beef noodles, 4 steamed pork dumplings, possibly some syns with the dumplings, 2 syns say, orange

Total: 35 syns

I won't be too surprised if I see a gain next week :(

Last edited:
Eek, why do these things have to be so high in syns for such a small piece?! Very unfair. Was it all yummy though? You've been eating lots of fruit and veg during the week tho and going to the gym so I dont think it will do too much damage. Just have a couple of really good days before weigh in with lots of superspeed maybe.

crisps / cakes / chocolates - I have to say they are what I crave the most since I started SW. well we can have 10 syns of those a day without jeopardising weightloss, so it's not unbearable.

9/10 (Saturday)
Breakfast: strawberries and blackberries with fat free yogurt
Lunch: sushi (with seaweed and spring onion being superfree)and miso soup (1 syn)
Snack: 2 alpen light, 1 bar of bueno chocolate - 120 kcal so that's 6 syns (got it on my way home... was starving, and craving chocolate at the same time)
pre-dinner snacks: crabsticks, fat free yogurt (was basically starving when I got home)
Dinner: chicken and cucumber salad with garlic / ginger / sesame dressing (2 syns with dressing as there's some sesame in it), stir-fry noodles

Exercise: walking / hiking around London and Hampstead Heath

total: 9 syns

Not too bad given I did have a bar of chocolate! (21.5g = 6 syns... quite a high value!)

I slice thin but not too thin otherwise they burn, frylight a plate, season the slices and then place on plate but not overlapping, then a little spray of frylight over them, and in the microwave for 8 mins... My microwave is 950W so a little more or less time depending on the wattage of yours :) Yep they are free if you are doing EE or Green, they are lovely and you can't make very many at a time but they certainly are worth the effort in my opinion. Made SW doritos on the weekend from par-boiled lasagne sheets - rubbish! xxx

just made these absolutely yummy SW crisps, seasoned with salt and black pepper, DELICIOUS!!!:D so easy to make as well!

are these really free?

Last edited:
10/10/10 (Sunday)
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: Chinese dim-sums -eg prawn and chive dumplings, custard tart etc (?? syns)
Snack: banana with fat free yogurt and sprinkle of All-Bran, choc cake made with All-Bran (All Bran as my HeB today, maybe 1 syn with choco powder) SW crisps - so easy to make, and so yummy! thanks 10st10lbs for recommending this! :D
37516-albums2754-picture16531.jpg

pre-dinner snacks: left over Singaporean style fried noodles
Dinner: seaweed and cucumber salad (with very low fat yuzu dressing) SW chips and egg.

total syns: mainly coming from my dim-sum lunch. Cannot work out how many there are, but have been good today otherwise!

weigh-in at home tomorrow! fingers crossed.

11/10 (Monday)

Weighed myself using wii today, 70.8kg = 156 pounds!
Lost 1.5 pounds!!!:bliss:

Back