Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

I didn't go to weigh in today, will go tomorrow, at the friendlier scale ;)

Hi hun, sorry for the lack of posts, was away for the weekend. Don't blame you for chosing to weigh in tomorrow, I would definitely go for the friendly scales! hehe.

Hey Emily, good to hear from you!! Good weekend away? ;)

Yea it was lovely thank you :D Just went to my parents for a couple of days, haven't seen them in a while. Always so hard to stay on plan when I go there though because all the bad eating habits that I used to have when I was younger all come flooding back, lol. My mum made sure she made the meals syn free for me though so that really helped. How was your weekend?

27/9 (Monday)

Breakfast: konnyaku + tofu stir-fry in soy sauce and garlic (konnyaku is some kind of plant with almost no calorie but very high in fiber, so I see it as superfree Konjac - Wikipedia)
Snack: banana , fat free yogurt
Lunch: Itsu salmon sushi + salad set (4 syns say with sesame, seeds and dressing)
Exercise: walk for 30 minutes
Snack: banana, alpen light bar x 2 (HeA)
Dinner: dined out at a Korean restaurant, had various dishes. Lots of free food like bean sprout, spring onion, spinach , rice, beef, but I know there would be more oil than home cooking, so 2 table spoon of oil, say. 12 syns

Total: 16 syns

Weigh in at lunch time today, hope that scale will stay friendly!!

Last edited:
Gained 1.5 :cry: how did this happen?? So this friendly scale is not that friendly afterall. (actually thinking about it I guess the 2 pound loss last week wasn't real, coz I didn't feel like I lost 2 pounds, really)

Aww hun, *BIG HUGS*. Is it coming up to * week or anything? Don't let the gain beat you, you are doing so well, just think of the loss you could have next week if you stick to plan. I would be more inclined to think that the 2lb loss last week WAS real and that the 1.5 gain this week is a blip/error. Still half a stone gone forever :)

you're right, I'm still half a stone lighter... but this scenic route is starting to get very boring...

I know I shouldn't, but I feel like eating something very naughty........ (luckily there's no crisps at home!)

I know exactly where you are coming from hun. Its seems extremely unfair that some people lose weight so quickly and easily and for others it takes so much longer and much more effort. I came home from work and searched the cupboards for junk food, crisps, biscuits, anything, but luckily my hubby had eaten them all, hehe (probably not luckily for him tho when it comes to weigh in, lol)

I'm also considering not going to any group any more... because the groups I usually go to are lunch time pop-in ones, the consultant would talk to people joining SW, other members go in, hand in their cards to get weighed, and leave. If I have any questions I could wait till my C is free and ask her, but apart from that I don't feel there's any support. Nothing like what the SW magazines advertise.

honestly, I have a scale at home, and a wii-fit too that will plot my progress nicely on a graph. I don't really need to pay a fiver to get weighed each week... I can see that there're so many people doing it on their own, and I believe I can do that too.

Last edited:
If you can do it alone (well, you won't be alone - there's lots of support on here), then go for it. You've got all the books, you know what you need to do.

But I'm a bit scared of stopping going to Group, because this weight loss is actually working, and it never has before. I don't know if I'd be achieving the same losses without the discipline of going. Maybe I would, but I don't know.

Maybe you could try not going, save a bit of money each week, and if you find you're doing worse than you were before, then you could go back. But it sounds as though your group isn't doing much for you, so you're pretty much going it alone anyway - just paying to be weighed.

Try without, but don't try for too long if it's not working. It's not worth sabotaging your loss.

All the best, whatever you decide!

yeah I'll probably stop going once my current countdown is over. Paying 5 quid each week just to get weighed is pricey.

If I don't go to group I'll just have to make sure I weigh myself weekly at home and post it here. Honestly, I think I get more support from this forum then at the weigh-in group!

thanks for the support :)

28/9 (Tuesday)

Breakfast: tuna pasta bake with lots of mushroom, onion and tomato (some cheese in there as HeA)
Snack: banana
Lunch: tuna pasta bake with lots of mushroom, onion and tomato, cheese bites x 3 (say 3 syns each, 9 syns in total)
Snack: banana, lots of grapes, some strawberries, 2 Alpen light bars (HeB)
Dinner: pasta noodle soup with lean ham and peas, miso soup with tofu and chinese cabbage (1 syn with miso)

Total: 10 syns

To be honest I had never heard of a class where you just go and weigh before I started reading your posts. I think its crazy that they still charge you the full £5 when they aren't providing the whole SW experience ie image therapy as well as weigh in. I think if you feel that you can go it alone then go for it! Just carry on as you are, you've got all the knowledge and understanding of SW, but you will be saving £5 a week!

Plus, us lot on here will help keep you on the straight and narrow anyway :D And we offer support for freeee, hehe.

Diary looks yummy from yesterday, lots of fruit and veg :D

I'm more than happy to pay 5 quid a week if there's proper group activities, like the IMAGE therapy I read about, or inspring interaction / recipe sharing. Yes it's indeed cheeky of them to charge the same amount but offer less support.

I think I have 1 week of count down left. Maybe I'll try to see if there's any proper (evening non pop-in) group that I can go to next week to get a feel of what it's really like going to group.

Sounds like a good plan :D

I hope it will be worth it. Currently it's 5 minutes walk from my office, the evening group is like a 30 min bus ride plus some walking...

Good luck with weigh in this evening.

29/9 (Wednesday)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix + full fat milk (HeA & HeB), strawberries with fat free yogurt
Snack: 1 choc chip biscuit (3.5 syns)
Lunch: tuna pasta bake with lots of mushroom, onion, spinach leaves and tomato, 28g cheese (6 syns)
Snack: fresh pineapple cubes
Dinner: oyako don (rice with chicken, onion, egg), watercress soup

Total: 9.5 syns

Planning to go on holiday in beginning of December, hope I'll lose another 10 pounds by then... as I don't want to look fat in the photos!:fingerscrossed:

How exciting!! Where are you planning on going? Somewhere hot?

Will hopefully be going to japan with some skinny girl friends. So I really wanna lose some weight before then as I currently probably look twice as big as they are!! (no kidding they are like size 6 while I'm a 14 right now)

Back