Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

Yay!!!!! Well done hun! Who needs that lunchtime weigh in class! And only 16lb to target, if you keep going the way you are you could reach target for Xmas! Even if you don't I think you will be super super close to it :D

Still delighted with the loss... it appears that I've lost 10 pounds since I started, but somehow I don't feel that I'm 10 pounds lighter as I still feel pretty big... hope I'll continue to see some losses for the weeks to come! as I'm going away from end of November, I really only have 6-7 weeks to get closer to target. (once I'm on holiday, I very much doubt I can be this disciplined...)

anyway... food diary for today!!

11/10 (Monday)

Breakfast: Chinese cabbage + fish flakes miso soup (1 syn)
Snacks: colleague bought some really really nice spicy prawn bite-size snacks back from Cambodia... I must have had around 10 of those. Say 1.5 syns each (I don't think each bite is more than 30 calories) that'd be 15 syns. They were very more-ish... and I have almost no will power...
Lunch: beef fried noodles, pineapple cubes
Snack: 1 alpen light (HeB), fat free yogurt with blackberries and strawberries
Dinner: pasta noodle soup with ham and peas, carrot and sweetcorn soup, garlic fried broccoli.

Total: 16 syns

Will be at a meeting for most of tomorrow, will try to buy some pre-packed fruit from M&S before heading to the meeting, and take some alpen light bars with me... or else... no idea what I'll eat when I'm hungry!

12/10 (Tuesday)

in all day meeting today, had to put up with an unhealthy buffet lunch, did buy some fruit salads from M&S at the train station but that didn't last long. so... quite a syn-ful day with some not-so-tasty food.

Breakfast: 2 bananas
Snack:
8.30am - Alpen Light bar (half of HeB)
10.00am - grapes + apples + melon + strawberries
12 noon - fresh pineapple cubes
so far so good... you thought...

half of a mini danish pastry (2cm x 5cm x 1cm) - 5 syns for 28g, that cant be more than 20g, so 3 syns
2 small sandwiches (total 1 piece of wholemeal bread - half of HeB)
some mayo / butter in the sandwiches - 2 syns
3 cheese twists - 2 syns each, 6 syns
3 chicken skewer - free, thank goodness.
small choc cake slice (2cm x 4cm x 3 cm) - 4 syns say
1 banana, 1 apple, some grapes

afternoon snack: fat free yogurt
dinner: lamb skewer, chicken + cucumber salad, pork soup noodles - it was from a restaurant, say 1 tablespoon of oil, 6 syns

total: 21 syns (on the other hand, lots of superfree too!)

a much better day today!

13/10 (Wednesday)

Breakfast: miso soup with chinese leaves and fish flakes, konnyaku noodles (1 syn with miso soup)
Lunch: vietnamese style beef noodle soup, onions and spring onions
Snack:
4pm - fresh pineapple and fat free yogurt
6.30pm - 2 ryvita and 2 low fat laughing cow triangles (half of HeB and some HeA)
7pm - blackberries and strawberries with fat free yogurt
Dinner: oyako don (chicken, onion, rice), sweetcorn and carrots
Dessert: 3 mikado sticks - how syn-ful are these? 3 syns?

Total: 4 syns :D this would hopefully make up for the rubbish day yesterday.

Will have a stab at having a Red day today. Made a veggie stir-fry for lunch this morning, had a few mouthful as breakfast.

Breakfast: veggie stir fry, made of broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, courgette and konnyaku (it has almost no calories but is very high in fiber, so I see that as free food if not superfree), Alpen light (half of HeB)
10.30am snack: banana

Plan for later today
Lunch: veggie stir fry, made of broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, courgette and konnyaku, plus some char-grilled chicken slices

Dinner: beef sukiyaki (a pot with beef slices, tofu, lots of veg and shitaki mushroom and other mushrooms)

Will see how it goes!

Hi Dream - hope you are well! I hate buffets too - usually not great food, so it feels like such a waste of syns!

Your food diaries always sound so scrummy and exotic - yum! x

Yesterday's attempt of a Red day went well I think. Wasn't particularly hungry, didn't crave rice / pasta.

14/10 (Thursday)

Breakfast: veggie stir fry, made of broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, courgette and konnyaku (it has almost no calories but is very high in fiber, so I see that as free food if not superfree), Alpen light (half of HeB)
10.30am snack: banana
Lunch: veggie stir fry, made of broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, courgette and konnyaku, plus some char-grilled chicken slices
4pm snack: banana and fat free yogurt, 3 teaspoon of coco pops (1 syn?) Alpen light (half of HeB)
6.30pm snack: blackberries and
strawberries
, 21g All-Bran (half of HeB) with 2% fat
"pouring" activia yogurt (there's no milk at home, this is my HeA as there's calcium and fat in there)
7.15pm snack: grapes (as I was preparing dinner)
Dinner: beef sukiyaki - it's a pot with beef slices, tofu, lots of veg and shitaki mushroom and other
mushrooms
), 1 egg. (3 tablespoon of sake in the sukiyaki
sauce between the two of us, but I didn't "drink" the sauce, there's
plenty of liquid left, so I'm not sure how to syn this,
2 syns?)

Total: 3 syns :D *I think I can go low-syn
if I really try (and if there's no temptation)

Spanx: Beef sukiyaki isn't that "exotic" - it's like a soup-based hot pot with
beef slices and lots of veg and mushrooms (superfree!), perfect for a
Red day :)

Beef sukiyaki recipe - Japanese recipe - Japanese beef recipe

(you can substitute sugar by splenda - no syn!)

I've started taking one evening primrose oil capsule a day... (when I
remember...) Do I need to syn this?

15/10 (Friday)

Breakfast: miso soup with fish flakes and chinese
cabbage
, 1 syn with miso

Debating between a red day or an EE day today. *Will go out for dinner
tonight, which will involve some rice... Maybe best do an EE.

Last edited:
Have been snacking v badly
From 2pm till 4.30pm, I had 2 alpen light bars, 2 fatfree yogurt and 1 banana. I also bought some mikado sticks. Only half a syn per stick but if I open the pack there is a fair chance I'll finish the pack.

Going out for dinner tonight so I do need to save the syns for later!

It was healthy snacking though, so well done :D Hope you had a lovely dinner.

It's been a few days since I updated :p have been dining out quite alot over the weekend, hence the syn count is abit sketchy...

15/10 (Friday)

Breakfast: miso soup with fish flakes and chinese
cabbage
, 1 syn with miso
Lunch: Itsu salmon sushi pack with salad (2 syns say with seeds)
Snacksss: 2 alpen light bars (HeB), 2 fatfree yogurt and 1 banana
Dinner: dined out at a Korean restaurant, had bean sprouts as starter, raw beef with pear salad, seafood pancake, Korean barbecue chicken pieces wrapped in lettuce leaves, bibimbap (rice with beef and mixed vegetables in hot stone bowl), chicken ginseng soup. some syns. melon as dessert.

16/10 (Saturday)

Breakfast: spinach and tofu soup
Lunch: dimsums with some friends. eg prawn dumplings, custard tart etc. some syns but not sure how many precisely (but I was hungry from around 4pm so I don't think I've consumed that many calories)
Dinner: sushi dinner, 2 scoops ice cream (10 syns)

17/10 (Sunday)

Brunch: oden (Japanese soup with tofu, konnyaku, fish cakes, egg), SW chips. (east x west fusion lunch!!)
Dessert: 8 mikado sticks (4 syns)
mid-afternoon snack: stir-fried noodles with onions and chicken
late-afternoon snack: banana
Dinner: broccoli and mushroom stir-fry, spinach tofu soup
Dessert: 1 alpen light bar, strawberries + blackberries + fatfree yogurt + sprinkle of all-bran (HeB)

Weigh-in tomorrow... hope the eating out hasn't done too much damage.....!

(and... argh. don't want to go to work tomorrow!)

Last edited:
now deciding whether to red / green / EE in the next week. EE seems to be the easiest, but slow (?)

with red / green, I know I can have an extra HeB but I prefer meat + carb in each meal. :ashamed0005:

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow hun! I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to go to work tomorrow.

I'm having the same dilemma with red/green/ee at the moment. I feel like EE might be the reason I'm losing so slowly. I've got so used to EE now though, having meat with carbs. So its tricky. I'm going to try and do mostly red for a while and see how it goes, maybe with one or two EE days depending on the evening meal. Maybe you could try a week of mostly red just to see how you get on?

Thanks Emily. Not sure whether I'm expecting a gain / a loss / a STS. fingers crossed for a loss!!

Still undecided whether it's gonna be red / green / EE. let's see what I want for lunch tomorrow when I visit M&S. (have not made packed lunch, and there isn't much food at home to make packed lunch tomorrow morning)

Weighed myself this morning, now 71.1kg, which is 156.5 pounds, gained 0.5 pounds. :(
I was hoping for a STS or a small loss, but hey, I did eat out for dinner on Friday, and lunch and dinnner on Saturday, so a small gain is reasonable.

Decided to try a Green day today.* Made a quick pasta before heading off to work this morning with what I had in the kitchen: mushroom, onion, herbs (rosemary and oregano) and canned tomatoes, added 42g of cheddar cheese, I made 3 portions, so it's half an HeA for each portion.

Had a portion for breakfast (yes… pasta as breakfast), will have some later for lunch. So that will be my HeA today.

Have already planned what to do with the HeB today too - 113g of raw chicken is a HeB (for dinner tonight) and 2 alpen light bars.*

Will buy some fruits later to snack on throughout the day!

atleast it was the smallest of gains :) positivity is the key! best of luck for your green day! :D xxx

Thanks :) yes I can accept a 0.5 pound gain, glad it's not more!!

Aww hun, 0.5lb wont take long to get rid of :) Hope your green day goes well, you sound well prepared :D

Back