Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

12 noon - fruit salad from the trolly man (strawberries, kiwi, peach, grapes, apples, orange, banana etc)

1pm lunch - pasta with mushroom, onion, herbs (rosemary and oregano) and canned tomatoes and some cheese (50% of HeA)

1.30pm - 1 dark chocolate truffle from M&S. 45 kcal each so that's 2 syns. Very nice, was tempted to buy a whole box but I know if I bought that I would have quite a few pieces a day…* not a good idea so I didn't buy any in the end.* (It really was very nice..)

2.30pm -2 apples

3.00pm - alpen light bar (half of HeB)

Had a post-lunch walk in M&S.* It's getting cold so I was looking for a pair of work trousers.* (too cold for skirts!)* Tried on a few pairs, size 14 feels abit loose but size 12 is still too small. So I bought a pair of size 14.* Didn't want to buy anything too expensive as I'm secretly hoping to fit into size 12 at some point, found a pair which is only 12 quid.* Machine washable as well, bargain. :D

I thought you can only return if you haven't been wearing it? anyway, it's only 12 quid :)

more snacks before dinner
4.00pm - fat free yogurt (activia mango)
6.30pm - fat free yogurt (activia strawberries)+ blackberries + 21g all-bran (half of HeB)
7.30pm - 1 green tea cookie, 45 kcal so 2 syns.

dinner (when hubby gets home) - oyako don (egg, chicken, onions, rice), sweetcorn and carrot soup

total: 4 syns

19/10 (Tuesday) - EE

Breakfast: strawberries and blackberries with fat free yogurt and 21g All-Bran

10.00am: banana

1.00pm: smoked haddock with potato and mange tout in a white sauce (I didn’t have any HeA so I'm going to count the milk / cheese towards my HeA, plus 3 syns in case they stick in any butter / flour), a white wine 6 syns.

4.00pm: 2 apples

7.00pm: miso cod with rice (1 syn with miso), broccoli, satay chicken with onion (v.small portion, don't know if the satay sauce had any syn, assume 2 syns)

Exercise: 35 minutes on a bike at the gym, 10km, 180kcal burnt

Total syns: 3 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 12 syns.

20/10 (Wednesday) - Green

Breakfast: Shirataki noodles with fried egg

10.00am: banana, apple

1.00pm: pasta with mushroom, onion, herbs (rosemary and oregano) and canned tomatoes and some cheese (HeA)

3.00pm: Alpen Light bar (half of HeB)

4.00pm: 2 apples

7.00pm: pork dumplings, stir-fry beef noodles (onions, bean sprout, spring onions, meat as HeB, some flour in the dumplings, oil in cooking, total 10 syns say)

8.00pm: cranberry juice (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Not sure if this is going to be a red day or an EE day yet.

Breakfast: banana, blackberries, 21g all bran, fat free yogurt
Snack: banana and apple
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich on brown bread with no butter, there's quite abit of salad but not sure if there's as much as 1/3rds, some crisps.

Should this be a red, (but might have some rice tonight) or should I syn the all bran this morning to make this EE?

Just seen u mentioned brocooli and bacon bake for one of ur brekkies.. sounds yum, but maybe not for brekkie, do u have a recipe?

Just seen u mentioned brocooli and bacon bake for one of ur brekkies.. sounds yum, but maybe not for brekkie, do u have a recipe?

Hi there. I don't have a proper recipe for the broccoli and bacon bake, all I did was
- chopped broccoli and bacon into small pieces
- fry with fry-light, season with salt / pepper / herbs as you wish
- put them in an oven proof dish
- beat 4-5 eggs and pour the egg in the dish to cover the bacon and broccoli
- sprinkle some cheese on top (28g cheddar is a HeA, or you could syn the cheese)
- bake in 200C for around 30 minutes until the egg looks cooked

I'd say a pepper bake is nicer than a broccoli bake ;-)

cheers missy, sounds fab. i love broccoli... going to give it a go at the wknd when iget home for the wknd.. whoohoo, and thank god its a bank holiday. im dreaming of spag bol too.. cant wait to make it :)

had a sneak weigh-in today using the wii... have gained 0.5 kg :( which is 1 pound. I've already gained 0.5 pound last week...

why? how?

:(

When is ur WI day?

If its tmrw, can u eat mushy peas and beans all day.. do u think it will work. hehe

im hoping for it.. becaues i ate sweets last night, i ate raspberries , beans and mushy peas to compensate, since theyre all ss.. one will have to counteract the other hehe.. no? hehe

WI will be next Monday... it's the weekend which makes life even harder...

how nice to have a bank holiday!! I wish we have one in England too!

21/10 (Thursday) - EE

Breakfast: banana, blackberries, 21g all bran (3 syns), fat free yogurt
Snack: banana and apple
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich on brown bread with no butter (bread as HeB), some crisps (5 syns)
Snack: banana, rice ball, wrapped by seaweed, with chicken filling
Pre dinner snack: chicken satay onion stir-fry (left over), konnyaku, crab sticks, half a glass of cranberry juice (2 syns)
Dinner: miso cod with rice and broccoli, sweet corn and carrot soup (1 syn with miso)

Total: 3 + 5 + 2 + 1 = 11 syns

Naughty naughty for the sneaky peak mid week. Although I have to admit I do the same, lol. Try to forget about it because you haven't had your full week yet so you have no idea what it will say on Monday hun.

Last edited:
My Wi is tmrw, im dreading it!! Im hoping for 2lbs loss, but i cant see it..

You will be fine on Monday.. I will probably be hungover. Going out on Sunday night for the bank holiday. I usedto live in the UK and hated when i missed out on this Bank holiday, so ive a few missed ones to make up for haha :)

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow Irishtweet. You are soooo lucky having a bank holiday, I could really do with one right now! Maybe I should move to Ireland, hehe. Sounds like you have a good time planned for Sunday :D

Not having a good day SW-wise.

Bought these sometime ago from an Asian supermarket...

37516-albums2754-picture16625.jpg

189 kcal for the whole box, 9.5 syns. there're around 10 sticks there, so if I only had one or two, it'd only be 2 syns.

you could guess what happened - I finish the whole box. 9.5 syns.

very nice though! (once you pop you can't stop ;))

not feeling very motivated right now, I think it's because I saw I gained 1 pound on the wii this morning.

Oh no, please don't feel down about the wii thing hun. You have been doing so so well this week, don't fall off plan now. I'm sure you will have a loss on Monday and that today was just a blip. I find that my Wii seems to drastically change its mind every time I get on it! See if you can get to Monday being good and drink lots of water, then if the weigh in result isn't what you were hoping for then allow yourself a treat. :)

I have done the same thing with Mikados before. Bought a packet because I heard they were really low syn, and stupidly thought I could eat just a few. Sat down infront of the tv and before I knew it they were gone!

22/10 Friday - EE

breakfast: fat free yogurt with blackberries and strawberries
lunch: paella, with fish, onions, mushroom and peas (not v.authentic as there's no prawns / mussels / chorizo / wine!) cucumber salad with fat free yuzu (citrus) dressing
snack: almond and chocolate sticks (190 kcal so 9.5 syns)
pre-dinner snack: alpen light (half of HeB), cucumber salad with fat free yuzu (citrus) dressing
dinner: beef rice with onions and egg (v.easy to make: YouTube - How to Make Gyudon (Japanese Beef Rice Bowl))

total: 9.5 syns

23/10 Saturday - EE

Breakfast: fat free yogurt with strawberries, 21g all-bran (half of HeB)
Lunch: miso soup with seaweed pieces(1 syn), lots of sushi!! :D (rice, fish, seaweed)
Snack: extra dark choc and coffee gelato (180 kcal so 9 syns) - YUM
Dinner: pasta noodle soup with crab stick, ham and peas, broccoli

total: 10 syns

actually haven't been doing that badly!!

tomorrow will be synful, as hubby will be making katsu curry (deep fried pork cutlet - however he'll try to make that by baking rather than deep fat frying). haven't had this for ages, will have this for lunch, then eat something really light for dinner :p

Back