Dress size

scoobysue

Silver Member
Sorry if this has already been asked. Roughly how much do ladies (or some guys.....) need to lose before they drop a dress size. I am down 8lbs and no difference. I am really pleased with my weight loss but bit de-moralised with clothing side:sigh:

Sorry if this has already been asked. Roughly how much do ladies (or some guys.....) need to lose before they drop a dress size. I am down 8lbs and no difference. I am really pleased with my weight loss but bit de-moralised with clothing side:sigh:

Hi. :) Try not to be demoralised too much about it, everyone is different and as we lose weight it goes from different places. A lot of people say they notice weight loss in their face first which obviously doesn't affect dress size at all. I have read from other people and noticed for me personally that it's roughly about a stone before you drop a dress size, but again it depends on where your body loses weight from.
You have done brilliantly losing 8lbs so far, don't give up and I'm sure soon enough you'll start noticing a difference. :)

I suppose thinking about it, i have kept struggling to get into the same old clothes when I put weight on and now it will take a fair few lbs to notice any real difference. see this is why I love it on here. There is always someone here eventually who will make you see sense!! ta very much.x

scoobysue said:

Totally depends on your size/shape and height.. I was a size 16 for dresses and ive lost 1stone and 4lbs at the minute and i get into a size 12 in most places now. When i first lost the weight it wasn't until the first stone i could start wearing smaller sizes! Xx

I think its probably a bit of an issue for most of us. Weight comes off but we have to wait that little bit longer for new pair of jeans lol. Thanks for the cheering me on though ladies.x

There is a thread on the SW forum that is pages long of people saying their height, weight and dress size. It is really interesting to see.

I always reckoned about 1-1.5st a dress size. But now I've lost a fair bit it's taking more as its coming off in the other places - like my thighs & arms instead of my belly & hips :) I've always been a size bigger on the bottom than the top... But now my boobs have shrunk quicker than my butt & I'm a proper funny shape haha :D Just hope my butt catches up soon!!

Charli XxX

I am the upside version of you, well sort of. Big up top in at the waist but my legs are quite "chunky" . Wish we could target where we want it to come off.

I always reckoned about 1-1.5st a dress size. But now I've lost a fair bit it's taking more as its coming off in the other places - like my thighs & arms instead of my belly & hips :) I've always been a size bigger on the bottom than the top... But now my boobs have shrunk quicker than my butt & I'm a proper funny shape haha :D Just hope my butt catches up soon!!

Charli XxX

I'm the same Charli... weight comes off my boobs and shoulders first and thighs last!

scoobysue said:
I am the upside version of you, well sort of. Big up top in at the waist but my legs are quite "chunky" . Wish we could target where we want it to come off.

Wouldn't that be amazing? Or move it all about - I could have thin thighs & massive boobs haha!!! ;)

Charli XxX

sparkledpixie said:
I'm the same Charli... weight comes off my boobs and shoulders first and thighs last!

I claim my things are muscle... And refuse to wear anything that's shows the dreaded jiggle haha!!

Charli XxX

scoobysue said:
I got the massive boobs bit, just need the skinny thighs:banana dancer:

Haha!! I'm convinced skinny thighs are actually a myth :D My boobs have suddenly vanished I'm quite distraught, I can't hide behind them any more!!

Charli XxX

I really think it depends from person to person however for me, I need to lose around 10-14lbs to drop a dress size

I think it also depends on the amount of exercise you do too

Haha!! I'm convinced skinny thighs are actually a myth :D My boobs have suddenly vanished I'm quite distraught, I can't hide behind them any more!!

Charli XxX

I've been dieting on and off for the last 5 years (mostly ww, this is the LAST time!) and I swear they are the first and often only thing to go and then I never seem to put on weight there! I used to be about this weight and a DD, I'm now down to a C cup. Talk about distraught!

Back