Drinks we are "allowed"

I think I prefer zero coke too. I'm not sure but I think it's similar to Pepsi max...not sure if that is considered allowed though so I haven't had any. I'm staying off the coke zero for a while anyway. It will be interesting to see if my I start losing more weight. I'll call it an experiment!

Well Karen, by the looks of your ticker, you're doing fantastically well..so a zero coke as a treat can't be that bad. How long has it taken you to lose that much?

Yes, but what is in (or not in) Coke Zero that makes it ok for CDers?:confused:

What is the difference between Diet and Zero?

AJ

Sorry, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if it's ok for people doing SS. I'm on 790 and was told that it was ok on that but no more than a pint a day.

Hi hun, I know there is a reason for the milk, but have no idea wat it is, after all, there is a reason for all the rules on CD, they are not just there for fun!!

Maybe post a separate thread on the CD forum and ask the question? You will probably be more likely to get a valid scientific response there!!

Hiya - think the reason milk isn't allowed while SS-ing is cos it has a 'sugar' in it....lactose.....that could be why...as even having that might knock some of us out of ketosis ??!!!

maybe a CDC will be along to clarify.....

Debz
xx

You have milk on the 790 programme for the extra protein. Skimmed milk is the main protein in CD as all the products have skimmed milk in them.

If you do not like skimmed milk in your tea or coffee you can use the half pint allowance to mix up one of the shakes or substitute is for 250ml of extra low fat plain/greek yoghourt. You can use this to mix with your tinned tuna and some cucumber, celery, radish to made a tasty crunchy alternative.

The milk is an essential part of 790 (or yoghourt) so should not be missed out.

Skimmed milk should not be used on SS as it has calories and carbs.

Linda

You have milk on the 790 programme for the extra protein. Skimmed milk is the main protein in CD as all the products have skimmed milk in them.

If you do not like skimmed milk in your tea or coffee you can use the half pint allowance to mix up one of the shakes or substitute is for 250ml of extra low fat plain/greek yoghourt. You can use this to mix with your tinned tuna and some cucumber, celery, radish to made a tasty crunchy alternative.

The milk is an essential part of 790 (or yoghourt) so should not be missed out.

Skimmed milk should not be used on SS as it has calories and carbs.

Linda

Linda,

I'm struggling to understand. Why do I need extra protein on 790 when I'm already having extra protein by having my chicken? I have 3 packs a day too which I thought was supposed to supply the RDA? Could you please explain why I need extra protein on 790 but not SS?

I don't take the shakes - Because I don't like milk (They taste too creamy for me) so that idea is out for me.

I can just about manage the yoghurt but 250mls is quite a lot each day!

I'm not trying to be awkward. I want to do this right but it would help if I understood the science behind it. Hope you can help.

Tx

Sorry to go backwards but just wanted add my twopennies worth about Marigold bouillon. When i tried to follow CD a while back i loved this stuff, had at least 1 mug a day. My counsellor, Linda, told me to drop it as she was convinced thats why i started to struggle and pick at food. Did i listen? course not and i eventually gave up and returned to all my bad habits. This time round im doing it straight, no pop, no bouillon and it is better. Yeah i still crave food, but im not having it and the hunger isnt nearly as bad. Could just be coincidence but i think Linda was right all along.

Thanks, This is why this forum is so good. We can learn from others experiences - good and bad. I have to admit, I've not had such a good day today. Until now I've sailed through this. Today I've been feeling weak. I haven't cheated - but thought about it! Coincidence that I had the diet coke last night?? hmmm worth considering. I'm not going to stray off the diet. I'm sticking with it. I even had my low fat yoghurt tonight! I'm not strong enough to do SS though so I can't avoid everything but I have to say most of the time I don't get cravings. I'm too busy thinking about the food I AM allowed rather than the food I'm not allowed.
I'll stay off the coke this week and see how things go...

T x

The way i see it is we are trying to also change the way we eat. Fizzy drink even if it is coke zero is not needed as far as i am concerned. If you stick to the tested methods you will definately lose weight quicker.​

I have to confess, I don't really know much about how CD works in practice. It is not like LL - totally SS for 100 days. There are certain times when you can eat a certain amount, but it all seems confusing to me. I think I would get mixed up and fall off the wagon! It seems to be less strict than LL, which is both a blessing (when you have social occasions) and a curse (knowing when to stop), I think.

I have to confess, I don't really know much about how CD works in practice. It is not like LL - totally SS for 100 days. There are certain times when you can eat a certain amount, but it all seems confusing to me. I think I would get mixed up and fall off the wagon! It seems to be less strict than LL, which is both a blessing (when you have social occasions) and a curse (knowing when to stop), I think.

I don't think there is a lot of difference really. We have the packs, bars, set drinks just as you do.

We do have the aam, which is set out in the book in exact portions and recommended on a VLCD diet. Also helps when we start maintenance.

The other bits as in this thread, I should imagine works for LL too. The difference here is we have CDCs on the forums, so people ask questions. It's easier to 'tackle' a CDC as to the whys and wherefores of why we can't have this and that.

In the end the poor CDCs have to contact headoffice and say "so why can't they have it?"

Head office look into in and often can see any reason, so probably reluctantly say "okay....but on your head be it"

As LLc's aren't allowed on the forums in a professional capacity, the questions don't flow so easily :D

There is the difference with the stabilisation plan. Not really sure what the LL one is like, but I get the feeling from what I've read that the Cambridge one seems stricter on that side.

It all balances in the end :)

Back