Dropping dress sizes.

Wow I can't believe the different sizes we all are at the same weights. I am really lucky I am an hour glass and stay that 'shape' no matter what my size - the weight comes and goes evenly. I'm 5ft 6 and my 'problem' has always been getting a blouse to fit properly - baggy waist or bursting out all over :)

I really do think shop sizes are completely random and you need to try on. Monsoon are meant to be the best for curvy shapes and are generous with their sizes. Maybe try there?

Saf.... i have no bum either. Now then, that USED to be a good thing but now big bums are "in" again!!

I started off at the same size as you in Jan 2007 - I was wearing a 16 by the first weekend in April I think and a 14 by the middle of May - I was an 8 (on the bottom by late July) the dress sizes are spaced closer together after the 14-16 gap which means that although the weightloss slows, the inches matter more. Some of the sizes above 24 have 6 inches or so between them whcih would explain some of the other queries on this post.

I lost a dress size every 3-4 weeks for the entire duration I was in abstinence.

I'm 5ft 5 and have a busty hourglass figure

Yeah, Jo Lo and Beyonce has seen to that!! I'd love one of their figures!!!!!!!! Not sure I'll ever be totally satisfied though!!!

That's really helpful Sarah, thank you. I am just a fraction under 5' 6" and like you as far as shape goes so with any luck, I shall be in those jeans in March!! Hooray!

Trying to be the perfect shape makes us fat. I remember when I was young (god I am not going senile yet) I was 9st and went on a diet because my thighs were fatter than I wanted. It was at the time when Twiggy was all vogue then. Thats when the trouble started, I was not fat but thought that dieting would get rid of my thighs.

Now I have come the conclusion 40 years later that whatever shape I am, when I get to the correct BMI I will be happy with what I have. I will try and tone up the bits as best I can, but never again will I put myself down because I am not the shape as Twiggy:D

Anyway I can Airbrush my photos just like the do the models. Its the youngsters of today that I worry about they are bombarded with these sylph like figures, and a lot of them are Airbrushed.

My daughter is 5' 8" and is 10.7 a size 8/10, looks fantastic. At 10.7 I would be at least a 14, so we are all so different, thats what makes life so interesting.

also- marks and spencer have a 90 refund policy!
so keep your recipt just incase and u will be ok to swap (used to work there :D)
xxxxxxxxxx

Back