D's food diary with photographs. Mix of red, green and EE days! xo

Weigh in today - down 3.5lbs, woo hoo! I really think the red days and exercise helped me achieve such a big loss this week.

25/04/12
- red day
Breakfast: 2 slices ww wholemeal bread (heB) with 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA)...such a simple meal that looks boring but is SO tasty!
Dinner: quorn 1/4 pounder burger (1/2 syn) topped with cheese (heA) and a very generous helping of onion then melted in the oven....so tasty!
Tea: Last bowl of my moms homemade vegetable soup
:)
Snacks: 1 alpen light bar (heB), velvet crunch (4 syns), ww cheesy nachos (4 syns), a small chip from my sisters plate at dinner time..they were some kind of M&S chips oven cooked and i don't know the exact value of one tiny chip, so i'll just count it as half a syn!

Total syns: 9

I didn't have much fruit today but the soup was full of vegetables so I don't mind :) probably better not to be eating loads of fruit every single day anyways :)

26/04/2012 - (green day)

Breakfast: Hifi peanut deluxe bar (heB). Just bought these at class this week and they are yummy! I love peanuts so I am glad I can have my little "fix" as a heB.
Dinner: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), reduced fat mozzarella cheese (heA), quorn quarter pounder burger (1/2 syn), onion, tablespoon ketchup (1 syn), SW chips
Tea: N/A didn't have any as i'm still full from my dinner! Had quite a big dinner today so I wouldn't be hungry and end up eating bad food. Wednesdays and Thursdays aren't great days for me because i'm usually low on fruit and veg, I go food shopping thursday evenings...
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), ww cheese tortilla crisps (4 syns), blueberries

Total syns: 9.5

I don't really like the weight watchers crisps. I have a couple of bags left but once they're gone I won't be buying them again. My mom had the WW hula hoops in ready salted flavour and they tasted disgusting..like burnt ashes. Will stick to velvet crunch in the future!

Hoping to start back at my walking in the morning :) My blister is getting less painful and the swelling has gone down..think i'll tape some cotton wool to my toe and hope for the best lol. really enjoying walking in the mornings :)

27/04/2012 (green day)

Breakfast: Bowl of chopped banana with blueberries, chocolate and fudge alpen light (heB)
Lunch: Two slices of ww wholemeal bread (heB) with 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA)
Dinner: Pasta with a fat free yogurt sauce I made, and garlic, onions, garden peas, sweetcorn and peppers
Snacks: alpen light (heB), WW hot chocolate (2 syns), velvet crunch x 2 (8 syns), a couple of skips crisps...1 syn? I was going to eat the bag as they were only 4.5 syns but then I noticed they are double the amount of fat as velvet crunch (and not as enjoyable) so I had a second bag of velvet crunch instead.

Total syns: 11

Untitle.jpgUntitle1.jpgUntitle3.jpg

28/04/2012 (red day)

Snack before my walk: handful of grapes, alpen light bar (heB)
Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre cereal (heB), 70ml slimline milk (heA)
Lunch: Banana, velvet crunch (4 syns), grapes, 1/3 of a muller light vanilla yogurt
Dinner: 2 quorn chicken fillets with spices and stuffed with 2 laughing cow cheese triangles (heA) and onion, 2 quorn dippers (1 syn), served with lettuce and onion
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 9

Untitlekk.jpg

Was too tired to post last night so here is yesterdays diary:

29/04/2012 (green day)

Breakfast: Banana, fruit n fibre (heB), slimline milk (heA)
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), with melted mozzarella (heA) and a bag of velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: Vegetable stir fry with quorn steak style strips and egg noodles
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 8

Even though i've stuck to plan 100% i'm going to prepare myself for a gain this week because I have upped my exercise. Walked 6 miles and did the 30 day shred yesterday!

30/04/2012 (red day)

Breakfast: porridge oats (heB) mixed in muller light vanilla yogurt, with blueberries and chopped banana
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB) with cheese (heA) and a potato waffle (2.5 syns)
Dinner: 2 quorn fillets with onion, cheese (heA) and half a WW wholemeal pitta (2.5 syns)
Snacks: an orange, velvet crunch x2 (8syns)

Total syns: 13

My C sent me a text today to let me know I got slimmer of the week last week! :D ( I didn't stay for group)

Untitlevdj.jpgUntitlevd.jpgUntitlev.jpg

01/05/2012 (red day)

Breakfast:
2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB) with mozzarella cheese (heA) grilled in the oven
Lunch: hi-fi peanut deluxe bar (heB), couple of spoonfuls of muller light yogurt
Dinner: weight watchers wholemeal pitta (5.5syns) cut in two halves and spread with 2 laughing cow cheese triangles (heA) then filled with 2 chopped quorn chicken style fillets (with chilli powder), and about 3/4 of a onion (fried)
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), ww nacho tortillas (4 syns), if i'm hungry later i'll probably have the rest of the muller light yogurt I opened earlier as it needs to be used up before tomorrow

Total syns: 13.5

Weigh in tomorrow!

EDIT: Snacked on an orange and some blueberries :)

Last edited:
Weigh in day - lost 2lbs! :D :D :D

02/05/2012
(green day)

Breakfast: peanut hifi bar (heB) (didn't have a big breakfast as I had weigh in)
Lunch: two slices WW wholemeal bread (heB) with melted mozzarella (heA) and velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: mushy pea curry with SW chips..possibly one or two syns for the curry I used i'm not 100% sure if there is syns in the powder or what it would work out at (used 2 tablespoons but that made enough for 5-6 portions) i'm always under my syns anyways so it doesn't really matter.
Snacks: Velvet crunch (4 syns), couple of my sisters tortilla chips (2 syns), half an orange, WW hot chocolate with dash of heA milk (2 syns)

Total syns: 12

03/05/2012 (green day)

Breakfast: banana, fruit n fibre cereal (heB), slimline milk (heA)
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB) with melted mozzarella (heA) bag of WW cheese tortillas (4 syns)
Dinner: Bowl of my mushy pea curry..I made it kind of thick so its almost like a thick spicy soup
Snacks: alpen light bar (3 syns), half a bag of ww hoola hoops (2 syns), small glass of milk (leftover heA) going to have a bag of velvet crunch soon too (4 syns)

Total syns: 14

I think thats the most syns I have ever used but i'm not bothered. Did loads of exercise today :)

Forgot to post yesterday so here is yesterdays food diary entry...

04/05/2012 (red day)
Breakfast: banana, hifi peanut bar (heB), small glass of slimline milk (split heA), large bottle of water (im drinking roughly 2.5litres of water a day now, used to drink about 2 litres but exercising has made me extra thirsty!)
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), low fat cheese (heA), 2 Linda McCartney italian sausages (1 syn), velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: 2 quorn sticky bbq fillets, half a weight watchers wholemeal pitta (2.5 syns), two triangles of laughing cow cheese (split heA)
Snacks: half an orange, velvet crunch (4 syns), options white hot chocolate (2 syns) with dash of milk (split heA)

Was feeling extra hungry yesterday and the day before, and craving chocolate a lot more than usual....then last night star week decided to begin again...even though it just ended Monday! Not too happy about that :(

llg.jpgdinnr.jpg

05/05/12 (green day)

Snack before exercise: alpen light bar (heB), handful of grapes
Breakfast: 2 linda mccartney italian sausages (1 syn), 1 slice of WW wholemeal bread (heB), laughing cow light cheese triangle (heA)
Lunch: alpen light bar (heB), velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: 2 quorn sticky BBQ fillets, SW chips, onions, chillies and peppers
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), WW hot chocolate (2 syns) with a dash of milk (heA), slice of WW wholemeal bread (heB), 2 laughing cow cheese triangles (heA)

Total syns: 11

I split up my healthy extras a lot over the day. Ate more than usual today but I worked off 1101 calories so that & star week = extra hungry! :D

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I have been feeling so down :( 2 star weeks in two weeks has really knocked me down. Haven't gone walking since Sunday morning :( but I have been doing the 30 day shred which I completed today, and cycling a few miles every day too. Probably won't go walking tomorrow as I have weigh in early but will get back into it Thursday :)

Anyways I have kept a log of what I ate on my phone so I will go ahead and post my entries for the past couple of days...

06/05/2012 (red day)
Breakfast: handful of red seedless grapes, banana
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), 3 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA), 2 Linda Mccartney italian sausages (1 syn), velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: Quorn chicken style burger (2.5 syns), 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), onions, 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA)
Snacks: 1/2 a WW wholemeal pitta (2.5 syns), velvet crunch (4 syns), 1 triangle of laughing cow light cheese (heA), half a pack of quorn smoky ham slices (rediscovered my love for these!)

Unll.jpg

07/05/2012 (red day)

Breakfast: hifi peanut bar (heB), 2 slices of quorn deli ham with 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle (heA) spread on top
Lunch: 1 slice of quorn deli ham, 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (heB), reduced fat cheddar & mozzarella (heA) - this doesn't sound too special but its currently my favourite simple/quick fix sandwich - put the cheese on your bread then put under the grill for a minute or however long it takes the cheese to melt, then pop the quorn ham in the middle and put the other slice of bread on top...yum yum :D
Dinner: quorn chicken style burger (2.5 syns), birds eye potato waffle (2.5 syns) reduced fat cheese (heA)
Snacks: crisps (8 syns)

08/05/2012 (red day)

Breakfast: hifi peanut bar (heB), 2 linda mccartney italian sausages (1 syn)
Lunch: weight watchers crinkle crisps (4 syns) - I had to go food shopping and to the post office so didn't really have lunch! Wasn't very hungry anyways.
Dinner: 2 quorn sticky bbq fillets, 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), reduced fat mozzarella/cheddar (heA), 1 slice of quorn deli ham
Snacks: 1/4 of a large pack of red seedless grapes from M&S, crisps (8 syns)

How weird that my last few days have all been 13 syns! Using my syns on a lot of crisps lately but I really crave them on star week and I wouldn't have much to use my syns on otherwise, so I don't mind. Also eating quite a lot of lazy food that takes no effort to cook but thats mostly because star week knocks me back and completely de-motivates me, the last thing I want to do is spend ages preparing food, bed and a hot water bottle is much more appealing :p Hoping to start cooking more next week...definitely planning a stir fry and maybe fanta chicken (with quorn instead of chicken!)? Haven't tried that yet but it looks nice :)

Been texting my consultant tonight, she is so supportive i'm really glad I joined her group :) shes really put me at ease about my crazy star weeks (two in two weeks!) and made me even more proud of my weight loss. Weigh in is tomorrow morning..really hoping i'll lose 1.5lbs to get my first stone award! Oh and lastly, if you are a crisp addict like me - weight watchers crinkle crisps are SO nice! Theres not many in the bag but the taste is so strong that it satisfies me, I go tthe sour cream and chive....they are definitely nicer than velvet crunch!

Un.jpgUnf.jpg

I have kind of lost my appetite lately :( I was away most of today so I didn't have a chance to cook anything anyways.

09/05/2012 (red day)

Brunch: WW petit pan (heB), 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle (heA), 2 quorn bacon slices, 2 linda mccartney italian sausages (1 syn)
Dinner: WW petit pan (heB), reduced fat mozzarella & cheddar (heA)
Snacks: small glass of slimline milk (heA), red grapes, crisps (12 syns :(..grabbed these on the go)

Unti.jpgtled-1.jpg

10/05/2012 (red day)

Breakfast/lunch: 2 WW petit pans (heB), 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA), 2 linda mccartney italian sausages (1 syn), 2 slices of quorn bacon slices
Dinner: bowl of homemade soup, WW petit pan (5.5 syns)
Snacks: grapes, glass of slimline milk (heA), crisps (8 syns)

Total syns: 14.5

11/05/2012 (green day)

Breakfast: bowl of fruit n fibre (heB) with slimline milk (heA), strawberries, grapes
Lunch: WW wholemeal bread (heB), reduced fat mozzarella/cheddar (heA), 2 slices of quorn ham slices
Dinner: SW chips with Nandos peri peri sprinkle (this is so nice but I think I probably liked it so much because I cut out salt from my diet when I began SW and I read the ingredients afterwards.. the sprinkle is like 68% salt lol), spaghetti hoops
Tea: small bowl of homemade soup, ww petit pain (5.5syns), 1 triangle laughing cow cheese (heA)
Snacks: crisps (8 syns), grapes

I was really hungry yesterday! Did 50 mins of kickboxing so that probably contributed to it :)
I got a message from my C yesterday, I was slimmer of the week again last week :D

Back