Dukan Do It....

I forgot to say the walking was nearly an hour.....we did have fun though. DD decided we had to imagine we were going to a fantasy land (bit like Terribithia).

Only news re the job today is that the interview went ok, very relaxed (but then it was his current boss and a business leader he knows very well that did the interviews)
he went blank on one question to do with regs, something he knows off by heart usually, and that both the men know this. The other candidate is a bit of a BS artisit and can blag their way through anything. She's only been in company for 4 months (tuped over from another company) and my DH been their over 5 years. Really hope they decide properly. Won't find out til Monday/Tuesday apparantly. :(

DF, long weekend ahead....will continue to keep my fingers crossed for your dh xx,

thanks guys. I think we're resigned to the fact that he's going to be job hunting....again. it seems every 5 years we go through this crap. All to do with the building/construction area. Though his company is linked with the council and thats where most of the work comes from so you'd think it would be steady.

Watched the Opening Ceremony tonight Wow, wasn't it fab. Really was cleverly done, and I love the flame petals.

Its just said that a billion viewers around teh world have watched it. Wow, thats amazing. Very proud to be british :) Will be watching the swimming tomorrow and probably equestrian as my daughter is horse nuts.

Sky have 24 channels dedicated to showing as much as possible of the olympics, no chance of missing much then LOL.

I think I may have eaten too much today, I made some more bread today using a different tin set, and then had a couple of muffins so I think my oatbran is over the top. Ended up with jelly and yogurt for supper, but ate it much too late....so tomorrow morning will tell !!!

Lovely to read you again DF, fingers (and everything else) crossed for your DH this weekend,

I think our DD's must be peas from the same pod, she's horse mad too and we BOTH loved terabithia :) great film

hope you have a good weekend xx

Thanks lotto, yes my daughter is mad on horses. It all started when she was 3, she had an imaginary rainbow unicorn that she called Samantha. Last year for her 9th birthday we gave her riding lessons. Now she gets one a month cos of the cost, and loves riding 'Sam'...oh my god in typing this I just realised the names...though Sam is a boy, its still spooky. Hehe, don't think even DD has realised that one.

Last night she asked me if when we next have our walk we can actually be going to Terabithia and not to Skylight....which was her name for our imagined place. LOL. But we've got to avoid the home of the Dark Lord Voth :D

I put quarter pound back on again this morning, see I know I'd eaten too much, all that oatbran LOL, yummy bread. Probably had a full tablespoon too much.

PP Day today

B Porridge / Yogurt with goji berries / Coffee
L Dukan bread roll with prawns and salmon on it......and 4 mini seafood quiches (I made 8 and my DD and DH actually ate them too....oh no I have to share my dukan food :( )
D Tuna Patties and Vietnamese Beef
S rhubarb and Quark

Drinks have had about 2 litres today.

I used to help out at my local stables and get free rides - I'd clean tack, muck out the stables, etc. - I loved it! I literally spent all of my time down there when I was growing up. It might be worth asking if they need any help!

Your food is looking good! :)

Thanks Ceri. I enjoy making all these lovely different foods.

The stables we go to charge for the girls to go in and help for the day, at least thats the impression I get with the table of costs on the wall. They get to ride during it too, but as they are there for a while and being supervised I think they charge for that. Shame really cos when she's older I would let her go for the day.

Lost 1lb this morning, and providing my daft body doesn't do its usual Monday morning gain (6 mondays and only 1 loss on a Monday so far)...it means I've lost 1.5 stone.

WOO HOO......I hope it stays lost LOL. Very pleased as this was my aim for 10th August. Will have to aim for closer to the two stone mark now in the next 11 days.

DF, well done on your loss.......................is it only my laptop but your avitar and stats have disapeared ?

Great catching up with you DF, you are doing so amazingly well! Things I like:

1. Your relationship with your daughter sounds fab
2. Walking mystery tour, genius!
3. Feeling in control of eating - the binging never really helped matters, so why did we do it? Being in control just feels so liberating, glad to hear it and it's great it's not adding to the difficulties.

Things I don't like:
Redundancy worries. Am keeping everything, but everything crossed. What a tough time, and waiting to hear over the weekend is torturous. Really hope you get good news.

Hope weigh in goes well today!

Jx

Hi Hun I be been catching up and I am so sorry to hear about the worrying times you guys face I am praying that you will get the positive result you re looking for, big hugs xxx

Hi friends. Stayed the same this morning, so its offical 1.5stone LOL.

No news on the job front, though Hubby did see them in a meeting so they might have been talking about it. Hopefully find out tomorrow, it being the end of the month. Poor hubby is not getting much sleep at the moment and with him still suffering pain with PEs and knee its not helping him. Grrrr no loyalty in companies these days. So annoying.

Joodle, yes my daughter and I have a great relationship, though she's going through a phase of early teenagerhood LOL. We do spend a lot of time together and the holidays are usually spent with us spending lazy days together LOL.

I am very positive about the diet, the more that i lose the better I feel and the more positive I am. For once the circle isn't vicious. I am missing things though, have been slicing up tiger bread for my famly this week, making chips and they've been eating chocolate. I have resisted them though, even just one chip that screams at me is being ignored completely. I am so determined to get to my TW, I'm even likely to change the weight I want to be. I originally set a weight target that i felt didn't see so far away, yet in reality I need to lose at least another stone and half more than that....will see once i get there.

I have a blog if anyone wants to read other things, I quite often put different things on there tohere, mainly cos its what I think about at the time. Blog link is in my signature I think LOL.

Sid I've occasionally had that happen as well.

Will defo read your blog :)

Thinking of starting one myself for extra motivation.

Hope hubby finds out soon, I've just been through similar and its a nightmare, good luck x and your right what happened to loyalty?

Hi DF just read through your diary & how well have you done !!!!!!! Congrats on the weightloss so far, fabulous !!!! Hope you get some good news on the job front soon x

DF, you are a lady with a plan! Go you! Jx

Hi all, still no news today, its ridiculous...he was originally told he was redundant as of yesterday. He did see his boss and the main boss in a meeting today (different to yesterdays meeting), but still nothing. The Main boss isn't really a people person and for some reason has had a bee in his bonnet about my hubby, DH thinks he's H&S shy LOL, doesn't like to change things. But today the boss walked passed my hubby having his lunch and stopped to have a conversation about the olympics for a few mins....whats that all about???? Daft.

On wednesday evening, I stood in the garden for half an hour talking to my neighbour, I was bitten on my leg by something, 4 bites in total. The bites on my left leg have swollen up something awful, leg is red and swollen. After noticing the redness had got worse I decided to go to our local Minor Injuries Clinic, apparantly there have been loads of people in with insect bites....mine, she said, was the first she'd seen in the day that actually did need antibiotics. So I'm on 4 a day for a week. I've been doing pretty much the right thing with cortisone cream and antihistamine tablets, just needed to keep leg up. its really sore at the moment, almost 'hot' feeling.

Thought I'd show you the pic I took, so I could check how far the red is spreading. Horrid isn't it? :(

Bites and Swelling.jpg

Back