Dukan ? hope so!

Wow you have done so well. I hardly have a photo of me as I look so bad. There is one up in the hall when I was nine stone and I want my body back to that shape, you have inspired me thank you.

I didn't have many pics either to be honest, somebody else took this one and then put it in the wall in work!! Mortified I was at first

C, wow you must feel so proud of what you have achieved in a short time...... mr.cpl will think hes in the wrong house....A new wife.....like my hubby says in our 30 years he's had a young one, an old one, a fat one and now a thin one lol

Sorted out the confusion with the sweeteners was all set to buy the Truvia from H&B then i noticed that the cal count on that was 300 odd, and it was ove £4 for a box, gonna stick with the canderel me thinks. While i was in H&B they had sugar free sweeties!! got a pk of sf vivil mints, Sula sf caramel creams, slim fruits peach melba gums and a pk of Ricola elderflower sf drops, They should keep me going for a while!!

Todays menu includes

B dukan bread with LC XL cheese triangle
S 1 muffin
L prawns and home made coleslaw
D BBQ chicken kebab, mushrooms, onion and peppers. Turkey burgers with HM coleslaw

Coleslaw was amazing!! made it with the usual onion carrot and cabbage then made Dukan mayo with 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp french mustard, 2 tbs quark and fromage frais mix it up and chill!! gorgeous!

I checked my Splenda box after your post and found that it is indeed >90% carbs!!! Who'da thunk. But each tsp is half a gram so I guess you are consuming very little carbs, and no refined sugar, as it's all sucralose.

I also assumed that stevia and splenda were similar but now see that they aren't. So confusing! I have a bottle of liquid stevia and use powdered Splenda. Find them both ok, but the stevia seems more natural. I also use sweetex in my coffee, so I am really balancing out my sweetener intake!

PS thanks for the mayo recipe! I have been looking for a nice one and that sounds perfect. Coleslaw is a perfect take-to-work-in-a-box lunch!

What a difference Colette you look a slim jim now - I think we are very brave to post our 'before' pics for all the world to see ;) x

I bought some Tesco 'stevia' yesterday think it was around £1.99 (not used it before) usually buy Lidl cal something or other for 0.99 I can't stand the taste or the horrible after taste of Splenda it would send me back to proper sugar if I had to use that.

Collette, brave to post before photos but, how inspiring for the newbies its great to see stats but a photo says a thousand words...well done you xxx

Well ive used the Farmfood Slimmer sweetener stuff in muffins and they taste fine!! Had a look at the cal counts on the other sweeteners they are all of a muchness tbh. Think i just got a bit of a shock when i saw how high the carb count was.

Today the sun is shining, we had our breakfast outside in the garden which was nice. 2 turkey sausages, dukan bread scrambled eggs and mushrooms, followed by a ff yogurt and coffee. Weighed in this morning and lost another 1lb ( i weigh sundays and wednesdays) so do i count it as i was going to change the official weigh day to wednesday or do i count it as official? :confused:

Collette, brave to post before photos but, how inspiring for the newbies its great to see stats but a photo says a thousand words...well done you xxx

Yeah your right, it is good for newbies to see that this is working and it can work for them too!! I think im used to seeing that pic now, its in the dining area so i see it as im eating lunch every day, what a reminder!! The other thing is, the other people in the pic (cropped off) are so much smaller. Cx

Think i just got a bit of a shock when i saw how high the carb count was.

Now, I'm not sure how it works but I've a feeling that although the carb count is high, it's not a problem because our bodies don't metabolise whatever it is that's in sweeteners. So the carbs are there in the product, but they don't affect our blood sugar levels. This makes sense - if they had an impact on blood sugar then they wouldn't be suitable for diabetics, but they are. I'm much more worried about the other potential side effects of these things than the carb count to be honest. I've done a ton of reading about it but don't feel much the wiser.

Weighed in this morning and lost another 1lb ( i weigh sundays and wednesdays) so do i count it as i was going to change the official weigh day to wednesday or do i count it as official? :confused:

Collette, you are doing SO well! Why don't you let yourself update your stats twice a week but just count one of those days as your official weekly weigh in which you report in your signature and on the weigh in thread? You can use those mid-week weigh ins to keep you motivated! Just look at your weight loss - all those steady pounds/ 2 pounds off. Pat on the back for you!! Am also jealous of your breakfast outside, sounds lovely! Jx

Wise words Joodle, if i change the stats then ive only got 2 stone and few pound (well, 13 to be accurate) to loose lol.......... its all mind games isnt it?

Im still confused about sweetener, never used to be then ive never used it as much as i do now, the usa research has found a carcinogenic link in rats with aspartame but i think you have consume tons of it.

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss..................

It seems the more you read about sweeteners the more confused you get! I'd always used aspartame because saccharin was supposed to give you cancer, but they've been blaming aspartame for a lot of things recently too. I did read somewhere that none of the 'evidence' has actually ever been put to any scientific test. Sucralose is not widely available where I live, I found one site where I can buy Canderel imported directly from France but at €5.50 a pop I only ordered a few! TBH I do like the flavour much better than aspartame. I've now recently found a local source for sucralose suspension - liquid sucralose that I've been using for a month or so and I really like it. It's all bad for you in the end, you know! :)

Back