Dukan Recipe Thread

are we allowed low fat grated cheese on cruise?

I'll confirm when I get the book! haaa! But, over here, there is a brand of less than 5% fat cheese we are allowed once a day. There is a list of "tolerated" ingredients, and we're allowed two a day if desperate. I try not to use them, but I don't know whether the English book just "gives" you them or not. Have you seen anything about cheese?

GALETTE FAJITAS STYLE - PV

Ingredients:
1 galette Dukan
1 chicken or turkey breast, or a 5% fat beef burger (I mince my own lean meat)
Spanish spices
Red and green peppers, sliced
Onion, sliced
Tomato

Make a Dukan galette, adding Spanish spices to the mixture.
Cut chicken or turkey into thin strips, or break up the mincemeat, cook with the spices, pices of red and green peppers, onions and tomatoes.

Garnish the galette with the mixture.

Have you seen anything about cheese?

yes but i thought only when in 3rd phase and only 40g?

although i have got phil extra light and extra light La vache qui rit

ok we'll have to check this then... no "tolerated" foods at all in the English book? (I'll take it out of the recipe)

I might have to read the book again I think. Im nearly finished my first read - am up to the exercise bit.

I'll be bringing lots home then, thanks Joanne. That bread sounds erm interesting shall we say! I might have to make some to see

Backto the vanilla moist cake - I use Quark (it's virtually fat free - never seen any with more fat...?) I also add a couple of teaspoons of lemon extract and it's delicious!

Egg whites - we bought some in liquid form off the internet (myprotein.co.uk I think). We got 6 litres for about £25. 2 tablespoons is equal to 1 egg white - so not bad value at all. I was worried about cholesterol too (our first week we got through 36 eggs!). There is a company called 'twowhitechicks' who are trying to get egg whites into shops but they're mostly in and around London at the moment. (The centre of the universe, lol)

I can't remember about cheese (must read book again) but now and again we have a tspn of parmesan (good strong flavour, so not much needed).

I've bought powdered egg whites at Sainsbury's before... but they're as dear as buying 12 eggs and throwing the yolks away!

As for cholesterol, surprisingly enough, since doing Dukan, my cholesterol level has DROPPED... despite the eggs! (The oat bran helps with cholesterol.)

OK these look a little complicated but taste fabulous!

PETITS FARCIS - PP - PV
Ingredients :
300g very lean mincemeat
2 tablespoons fat free fromage frais
1 hard boiled egg
some chopped garlic and parsley
a cooked chicken liver or two... (if you like them, or add any protein you fancy)
some chives
a shallot
spices to your taste (cumin for instance works well)

Make little balls of mincemeat in your hand.
On a piece of cling film, flatten them down to form little burgers.
Set aside.

Whizz up all other ingredients together

Stuff the little flattened "burgers" with the filling and roll them gently using the cling film, and close as best you can.

Bake 10 mins 200°C... but I bet they'd bbq too!

The ones in the photo had mushrooms in also.

Attachments

• Dukan sausages.jpg
    Dukan sausages.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 173
mmmmmmm

Thanks Cheryl darling :D

yes. as long as its lean meat or fish. can have fat free yogs fromage frais quark etc too. and oatmeal 1 1/2 tbsps are a must.

nice to see your loosing and what day in the week is a PP Or PV land on

so the rest of the stuff must be low fat, ie no butter or oils do you carb count to

Back