Dukan Recipe Thread

BUMP

Vanilla Moist Cake
• 4 tablespoons oat bran.
• 2 tablespoons wheat bran.
• 6 tbsp skimmed milk powder.
• 4 eggs.
• 3 tablespoons cheese. (quark)
• A 0% yoghurt flavored with vanilla (slender type).
• 3 tablespoons of sweetener
• 1 teaspoon baking powder

Pour all ingredients into a bowl, beat with a whip
Lay parchment paper on pan before adding the batter to the cake is easily removed from the mold.
If a silicone mold is better, no need for parchment paper.
Cook without preheating the oven for 35 minutes at 180 degrees.

No oatbran... I need some extra bread sometimes and my brans (wheat and oat) go into my muffins...

Will go nicely with my scrambled egg + smoked salmon Sunday breakfast!

Vicky - and you ate half the cake (maxi?)

it made 8 mini cakes. I had 2 and bit on sat , OH had one, my friend (who is starting dukan today - ive done her a meal plan im going to start charging) had two yesterday :D
As it has oatbran in already ill only be having little oatbran with my galette today :D

The things is Vicky that the maths don't work there... if your cake had 4 tblspoons of oatbran in, and you made 8 cakes and ate 2, you're short on the oatbran.

That's often the problem with cakes etc. You need your 2 tblspoons per day of oatbran... so when it gets padded out with extras, you still need to eat HALF per day of that vanilla cake...

thats why ill be having galette too aswell as cakes :D
I said i struggled this weekend with my oatbran. :( gonna have to make some of your muffins this week so make sure i eat my bran :D

I could eat muffins for breakfast, lunch AND dinner... seven days a week! Now that would make for an easy regime!

I know some people like variety in their food intake, but I'm not bothered!

Lol but you arent having your salmon today are you :D

no... ironically whole salmon fillets were on offer at the weekend, so I bought over 2K, deboned, cut into fillets 150-175g, packaged individually and froze. And left them in the country freezer!

I also had a bit of a dabble in "caramelised" veal... I had a little leftover, already cooked, so it didn't marinate properly... but I put it, garlic and diet coke and some sweetener into a pan and let the coke evaporate... just tasted a bits... nice for those of us who like sweet things!

mmm sounds nice. Ooh forgot to say i got some scallops!!!
made the chicken liver pate on sat wasnt too keen. was ok in little tiny doses.

I've never fancied making it even... (would need crusty bread and thick slabs of salty butter to accompany it down!!)

I do like sweet things... but am trying on the whole to reeducate myself!

oooh I do love scallops...

just add splenda to everything.

that must be our Candarel... to be honest, I've a fellow French dukan online buddy who puts it in every drink, every natural yoghurt, etc., and now, in Conso, she's struggling with the old sugar demons so I was just typing her up a post suggesting (diplomatically) that she tone it down a little (as we TRIED to tell her before Conso!).

On fb, seeing all the cakes, desserts, biscuits etc. (all Dukan friendly of course) that the girls are knocking up is great to see... but... later, it bites you on the butt!

true. they could still eat the sweet 'healthy dukan' stuff instead of grabbing a naughty cake though.
just had my cake yum yum

Tonight I am going to attempt “cannelloni”

You wilt some spinach and blitz it in the blender with cottage cheese.

You then slice longways an aubergine (or a courgette if you don’t like aubergive) and use that as your cannelloni tube, wrapping it around the cheese and spinach mix. (This melts a bit and is noce if you like a cheese on toast "mouth feel")

You make a sauce with tinned toms, an onion (dry fried) and some herbs, which you pour on top.

Then you whack it in the oven at about 180 degrees for 45 minutes.

If you are a carnivore you would replace the cottage cheese blend with lean mince and onions.

That sounds nice... let us know how you get on... I'm never up for "real cooking" by the time I get home and I'm too lazy evenings...

does sound lovely :D

not really much of a recipe but more of something i put together last night :)

get some quark or xlow fat phil and mix with mustard, spread over galette and put strips of steak in and wrap up.
It was lovely.

I was also thinking...

Mini galettes filled with quark and spinach wrapped up, put in a dish and cover with tinned tomatoes or passata . Bit like spinach and ricotta canneloni :)

squeeze the water out of the spinach ( cook it first) then mix with the quark?? would that be ok??? dunno i should experiment and let you know lol

Back