Dukan Recipe Thread

Lol have you read the stickies? If you can read through a few of the threads to give you a good idea, it wont take long there are only a few of us here.

do you carb count 1
low fat yes> 2
day PP PV how many each 3

??

No carb count, low fat yes, pp pv days you decide on what works best for you. I think i might do 1 and 1 so i dont miss my veg too much but you can do 3/3 4/4. Whatever suits your lifestyle more

got so used to atkins had my first pitta today, can count carbs in food in my head LOL only 2lbs off goal stay here i think miss you all pop by from time to time

Stephen

Not until the lsat phase i dont think but like atkins there are recipes to make muffins and wraps/gallettes in the earlier phases

Well done hun. Youve done really well. Im now 13lb off my goal so getting there. Do pop over and say hi. Its nice to hear from you.

wow ste you done well :) wont be long till goal!

LUC LAC BEEF

Ingredients

• 400g (14oz) beef
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon oyster sauce
    1 large piece ginger, crushed
    4 garlic cloves, crushed
    A few coriander leaves to garnish
    Black Pepper

Directions

Makes 2 servings

Cut the meat into 1cm (1/2in) cubes and season with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, crushed ginger and pepper.
Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Just before you are ready to serve, grease a frying pan with a drop of vegetable oil and gently fry the garlic.
Once the garlic has started to brown and smell good, add the meat and cook over a very high heat.
Mix together rapidly for 10-15 seconds.
The meat should still be a little rare so do not overcook.
Garish with a few fresh coriander leaves.

Number of Servings: 2

tikka chicken

It's day 4 and I am kind of stopping being as hungry

I am making quorn (non veggiess use chicken for faster weight loss!) tikka

I tried this Monday and couldnt eat it as I used way too much chilli so I just got a tin labelled "tikka spices" today and am following directions!

mix 1 good teaspoon spices with 0% greek yogurt, and marinate quorn/ chicken in it

dry fry in a non stick pan

yum it down!

Great!

Last night, I bought some turkey escalopes, and discovered when I got home some "garam masala" (is that right?).

So I sliced my turkey into finger shaped pieces, and one half had fat free fromage blanc, garlic, garam masala... then more of the latter cos not tasty enough... then I fried it and it was ok, but needed more taste... the other half I used fat free fromage blanc, garlic and mustard, and it was far more tasty...

Neither was marinated long enough... so could be better...

I'll keep an eye out for "tikka spices" or similar in the shop tomorrow

(I froze everything into little packages for "extras" for lunch)

I leave mine overnight for marinading. i like mine hot so adding cayenne helps. The tikka or tandoori spices are good. Maybe you need to put them on your uk shop list Jo?

Overnight marinating sounds better... but I can't see me cooking at 6am when I get up! I'll need to get organised to marinate a full 24 hrs to cook the following night for the next day's lunch! I do have chillis and the like, and a TONNE of individual indian spices, just wasn't sure which ones went together!

I do mine when i get in from work to eat the following night.

Chicken tikka marinate

yogart
lemon juice
tandoori or tikka masla powder
salt
garam masala
crushed garlic
crushed ginger
soy sauce
dry corriander

Spray oil the tray

mix and add to chicken and marinate over nigth
cook in the oven

30 mins on med heat, mix it up 30 mins on med heat
foil up the fray and 20 mins on med heat. The gravy left over is really nice to put ontop.

oh that looks nice! I'm looking for lunches as have my dinners sorted but that would work... need to buy ginger (couldn't find any last night... that's the trouble with two x kitchens, it's probably at the house!

i have my chicken at lunch and dinner if needed but its easier to eat at work as just bung it in the microwave and its ready and tasty and smells soooo nice!

I marinated some chicken thighs in fromage blanc, garlic, ginger and raz el hanout... then baked it. LOVELY!

I also made some Dukan "bread"... Other half and I shared it:
1 egg, 100g fat free fromage blanc, 1 tablespoon cornflour (tolerated substance, so a Sunday only thing for me), and I put some basil and 3 sliced crabsticks in it. Poured onto sulfurised paper on baking tray and spread out.
Baked 200°C for 30-40 mins (kept peeking at it...). Then turn off oven and forget it an hour.
LOVELY! A bit like pita bread...

no oatbran in it?

Back