200 liver
1 clove of garlic
1 onion
1 chopped shallot
1 tablespoon raspberry (or other fancy flavour) vinegar
bayleaf
thyme
salt and pepper

Heat a non stick pan (either wipe a piece of slightly oiled kitchen roll over, or spray twice with Frilite), and fry your onion rings.

Put on plate, turn down heat and gently fry the liver (four mins each side).

Salt, pepper, and put aside (cover in tin foil to keep hot)

Now soften the shallot and garlic in the pan... add the vinegar, thyme, bayleaf and cook 2 mins, stirring constantly. Add the onion and liver, and serve.

(I reckon Vicky will like this with her penchant for onions!)

mmm that does sound good. im gonna try find some calves liver somewhere

SMOKED SALMON / [+ SCALLOP/CRAB OR TUNA?] MOUSSE - PP

2 slices smoked salmon (to line your oven proof ramekins)
scallops / tin crab / tin tuna (all well drained and patted dry with kitchen roll)
2 eggs - separated
fat free natural yoghurt, fromage frais, quark, or whatever you fancy
salt + pepper
dried herbs

Mix the scallops with the dairy... Add the egg yolks, season and stir in some herbs (whatever you like).

Whisk the egg whites until firm. Incorporate delicately. Fill 4 ramekins.

Steam 15 mins.

mmmmm that sounds lush. im printing this recipe off. i need some remekins now though

2 x SALMON MOUSSE

2 slices smoked salmon
2 pieces salmon
1 glass of skimmed milk
3 egg yolks
2 eggs
3 tablespoons fat free fromage frais or natural yoghurt
a little lemon juice
herbs, chives, salt + pepper

1. Mix all ingredients in a [zzzzzzzzz] machine!

2. Pour into an oven proof pyrex dish, lined with sulfurised paper (easier to get out afterwards!!)

3. Cook in "bain marie" for 45 good minutes... 200°C. Check cooking...

Recipe says it's nice cold... but good warm also.

Can be served with sauce:
fromage frais
chives
pepper
curry
safran...

And served with your galette... you can cook your galette in the oven on sulfurised paper, and even make several small "blinis" rather than one big galette!

Has anyone found a recipe for bread yet? One that actually works?! I've tried to make two loaves today and they're both rotten! One recipe was from the FB boards and the other was an actual Jamie Oliver bread recipe that I adapted by blitzing the oatbran in the blender so it was more like flour!

of course you "can" use banned produce, and I'm sure EVERY (French!) dukaner has a secret ingredient which is banned which she eats/drinks regularly but will never tell you about, BUT it's a question of how much you can get away with and for how long... and so I stick to the rules which are easy for me! (and no I won't tell you MY secret ingredient!! in fact, I don't have one any more cos I thought I'd better toe the line this time!)

Joanne,

My kind of banned product is onion, I have had one a day since I started, I couldn't live without them on this diet. If I have made mince flan for my lunch then I tend to have another half.

Karen

Has anyone found a recipe for bread yet? One that actually works?! I've tried to make two loaves today and they're both rotten! One recipe was from the FB boards and the other was an actual Jamie Oliver bread recipe that I adapted by blitzing the oatbran in the blender so it was more like flour!
i have ;) it was the facebook one though? and its nice?

Thank you for the 'vanilla moist cake' recipe! I finally got my hand on some wheat bran, so I made it last night, in 4 silicone moulds. I used one Activia Fruit yoghurt as those needed using up, and you can really taste the peach flavour after baking!

Anyhow - the cakes rose lots during baking but collapsed on cooling to make four cakes a bit more of a 'pudding' consistency in the middle (think of bread pudding as you can sometimes get from the baker's).

Had one for my 6.30am breakfast (plus a WW yoghurt) and it filled me up for ages, until I had the second one for 'elevenses' with a cup of coffee. Yum. Such a nice change!
Two waiting for me for tomorrow.:)

Of course you should remember that as well as your helping of oat and wheat bran, half a recipe also contains 2 eggs...

I'm also looking around the french 'dukanaute' site, so if I find other good recipes I promise to share!

Anja

yes mine collapsed too but were lovely :D

does anyone have any mexican recipes dukan friendly they can share? The hotter the better IMO!!!

lol Im always into hot stuff :D

ah bit of both ;)

why not hun ............ wink wink eh .............

Tried this last night for the first time and it works remarkably well. For Cruise. during attack adjust the bran quantities accordingly/

Dukan Bread in the Microwave
(Pain de Mie Dukan)

2 tb oatbran
1 tb wheat bran
1 tb quark
1 egg
1 level ts baking powder
small pinch of salt if preferred

Mix all ingredients and beat well. pour into a microwaveable dish with straight sides (I used one of those plastic takeaway dishes).

Microwave on full power for 3 mins. you may need to adjust the time. at 800W I took mine out after 2mins 30 secs and it was done.

Take out of dish and leave to cool on a rack. It comes out very moist and somewhat 'rubbery', but quite a light spongy open texture. I left it out to cool & dry out a bit overnight. Depending on the size and shape of your dish you should be able to slice it convincingly for 'sandwiches'. I had some for breakfast with some cottage cheese. Lovely. More for lunch with my smoked trout treat :D

Note: this contains ALL your bran allowance for a day so if you eat the lot then no other porridge, galette or cake allowed...

Back