Eating During Total Solution - What does it mean ?

snowfish

Hi all, i know its not a good thing and in no way am i looking for anything to appease my guilt.

Id just like some advice on what happens to your body if you eat during the total solution. Im pretty clear that i will fall out of ketosis but what else happens. i.e. If you are in ketosis and you have a binge on non ketosis friendly food then does your body go into emergency storage mode or the like ?

Also, how long does it take to get back into ketosis ?

Finally, when you finish the TS, is it best to ease yourself back in to a balanced diet to avoid putting all the weight back on quickly?

Thanks in anticipation of your advice and assistance.

snowfish said:
Hi all, i know its not a good thing and in no way am i looking for anything to appease my guilt.

Id just like some advice on what happens to your body if you eat during the total solution. Im pretty clear that i will fall out of ketosis but what else happens. i.e. If you are in ketosis and you have a binge on non ketosis friendly food then does your body go into emergency storage mode or the like ?

Also, how long does it take to get back into ketosis ?

Finally, when you finish the TS, is it best to ease yourself back in to a balanced diet to avoid putting all the weight back on quickly?

Thanks in anticipation of your advice and assistance.

If you eat carbs etc then you'll gain as your water restores it's water and glycorene stores.

How long it takes to get back to ketosis varies from person to person. Depends what you ate.

If when you stop TS you follow refeeding guidelines you'll be fine

Last edited:
Back