Edel's diary - just don't ask!

Thanks Paula, I did have a good one despite OH and DS being sick. We didn't go to my Mum's house till almost 5 o'clock. Still ate loads. Was totally bad but I don't mind. I'll pull it all back again next week or the week after.

Hi Delly,

There is nothing worse than looking forward to a night out and then some little 18 year old in a rage spoiling it! I the same as you would have come home too as you always feel like you are watching your back. I hate it if my hubby says he is going out as even though he can thoroughly defend himself against one person if it were to be a gang what would happen? Frightening!

Anyway your outfit sounded gorgeous hunni! And are you sure we don't have the same mum as mine sounds like yours on xmas day!

Anyway have fun!

xx

Hi Delly,

There is nothing worse than looking forward to a night out and then some little 18 year old in a rage spoiling it! I the same as you would have come home too as you always feel like you are watching your back. I hate it if my hubby says he is going out as even though he can thoroughly defend himself against one person if it were to be a gang what would happen? Frightening!

Anyway your outfit sounded gorgeous hunni! And are you sure we don't have the same mum as mine sounds like yours on xmas day!

Anyway have fun!

xx

Thanks Jools - I'm sure all of our mothers are the same - over indulge us at christmas. It's probably one of the reasons why we have problems with food, I know that my mum shows her love for me with food so I use it to comfort myself.. ....

I wonder if we'll do the same when we're their age?

hi mate what a nightmare,
sorry they were both poorly it always happens dosnt it.
Glad you had a lovely time thoughxx

Thanks Paula mate, it was and it still a total nightmare. DS isn't getting any better and OH has been moaning and groaning and sniffing/coughing/spluttering for over a week now and I've had enough.

I had to go to my boss's mother's wake yesterday and he buggered off to bed and let DS sleep yesterday afternoon for 3 1/2 hours! Neither of them got up until I came back. Of course, DS was in foul form then.

After dinner OH buggered back off up to bed and didn't tell me so I was left dealing with dishes, a full bin with a stinky nappy in it and busted bin bag, a cross 2 year old who wasn't feeling well and a dog demanding to be fed. Oh, and we'd run out of Neurofen for DS, I asked OH to go to Tesco to get some medicince for him and we ended up having a row. When he came back I buggered off. I don't know what time he went to bed at last night but it was before I came back at 11 and he's still there now. I'm supposed to be going to the funeral today but it's not looking like I'm going to get going.

The worst of it is, all of my good intentions went to pot. I've eaten chocolate out of anger and spite to comfort myself , ate shortbread and sweets and everything and haven't had a minute to take myself off out for a wallk.

I don't know what today is going to be like but I'm determined to get control of my eating again.

bloody hell mate youve had a rough time.
That is exactly what i do when im tired and angry is eat.
Ive started doin nights and i could go bloody mad when im cleanin the house up etc after doin a night shift and their sat on their arses.
You need some TLC MATE:hug99::hug99:

bloody hell mate youve had a rough time.
That is exactly what i do when im tired and angry is eat.
Ive started doin nights and i could go bloody mad when im cleanin the house up etc after doin a night shift and their sat on their arses.
You need some TLC MATE:hug99::hug99:

Aww, thanks Paula. I know how it feels to walk into a house that looks like a bomb hit it and you'd only tidyed half an hour earlier. I've decided not to put myself under pressure tonight and tomorrow. I'm having a quiet night in with my OH and a quiet day tomorrow.

Back at work on Wednesday so i've decided to start again from then as I'll be back in my "normal" routine. Probably will be a week of having 18-20 points per day to try and pull back on the past 2 weeks but most of the rubbish is gone at this stage. Any chocolates I couldn't bear to throw out or give away have been put into the freezer. At 1 point each it's a decent enough treat to have to hand if I fancy a bit of chocolate.
I think it's already 2008 where you are as we got a message from the outlaws and they're spending the holidays there. Have a happy new year and hopefully the new year will see us all a lot lighter!

hI MATE,CANT BELEIVE ANOTHER YEAR IS HERE.I WAS SO GOOD UP TILL XMAS PUT ON 1.8 LAST WEEK THOUGHT IT WOULD KICK START ME BUT IT HASNT.IVE GOT MY WEIGH IN THURSDAY AND I NO IVE PUT MORE ON.
GUTTED GUTTED
HAVE A GOOD NEWYEARS DAY MATEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Delly

How is your restart going sweetie??

xx

Hi Jools,

The restart went really well on Wednesday and Thursday. I even took the dog for a walk before it began to snow here on Thursday night.

Unfortunately, on Friday, I lost the plot completely. There was a tin of quality street calling my name all afternoon and I won't tell you how many sweets I had. I did count them but stopped counting points for the rest of the day (and it wasn't good)

Yesterday was a pretty good start. Breakfast was pancakes from Tesco bakery but they tasted off so I didn't eat them. Lunch was really sensible and I kept myself busy doing housework all afternoon. I was too tired to make dinner so we had a chinese but I'd loads of points for chicken curry, boiled rice and chips (split into 3 with my OH and DS). I meant to take the dog for another walk yesterday but the weather was too miserable. I might just get my OH up out of bed and take her out now - she's looking really chubby and definitely needs the exercise. We went visiting last night and I had ONE ferror rocher and a biscuit with my tea but I had the points left for those.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the points for the chocolate and wine gums that I ate last night. The only thing is, I didn't eat as much as I used to.

Today has started quite well for me too. Porrige for breakfast (1.5 points) milk (2 point) and I'm just about to eat a pear (1 point). I'm determined to get back on track today and hopefully make a difference for my first WI of 2008 on Tuesday. I'm sure the person I go to WW with is going to have lost weight over Christmas but I just can't be that competitive.

So my restart week has been up and down. I know what I need to do now to make a difference for next week.

1. give away the tin of sweets in the office (there' s only 2 of us there and the other person is off work at the minute).

2. take the dog for her walk every day

3. stick to my points

4. put my cutoff time back in place. The week I lost the most weight was the week where I didn't eat after 8pm. I stuck to my points, didn't take any exercise and lost 2.5lbs. The only thing that pointed to that extra 0.5lb was the cut off time.

Small changes, but acheiveable all the same.

Hi Delly

The small changes are supposed to be the ones that make all the difference so keep at them.

We ALWAYS eat after 8pm. Hubby and I don't have our evening meal until the kids have gone to bed at 7.30 so that we can eat in peace and quiet. (I have twin 4 year olds boys!)

I get plenty of exercise as I work at the kids school which is just over half a mile away so I walk a good 5 - 6 miles a day by the time I have taken to school and back, gone to work and back and then picking up and back!

I have said on my thread that I will be mega happy with a steady loss of 1lb per week!

Good luck hunni!

xx

Hi Edel,

REALLY like the idea of the "mini changes" as Jools said, they are the ones to make a difference. Hmm am going to set a few for myself.

Thanks for that pet!!

Hi Delly

The small changes are supposed to be the ones that make all the difference so keep at them.

Good luck hunni!

xx

Thanks Jools - I have to say I didn't do too badly at all this week - more later.

Those small changes sound like a really good idea to me - like Jools said, small changes make all the difference.

Not eating after 8pm sounds like a good idea too, if it helped you before then I see no reason why it shouldn't help you again now.

Good luck with getting back on track today!

Thanks Marie. I definitely found it worked the last time I did it.

Hi Edel

Sorry I havent caught up for a while with you :(

Sounds like youre doing things pretty sensibly - well 'cept for the QS on Friday :giggle:

Be interesting to hear if the 8pm thing works again for you

Have a great week
*HUGS*

Sandy - it's you I have to thank - If it hadn't been for you being so amazing and sticking with it I think I'd have given up a long time ago. I don't think I ever thanked you properly for replying to that PM on another forum from a very desperate Dellybelly, it really made a difference.

Hi Edel,

REALLY like the idea of the "mini changes" as Jools said, they are the ones to make a difference. Hmm am going to set a few for myself.

Thanks for that pet!!

You're welcome Nikki - Let me know how you get along. Sometimes the small changes are the ones that make all the difference.

Good luck mate,how you doin with the changesx

Thanks Paula hun. I didn't do too badly even if I do say so myself.

Ok - results are in for this week... and ... I've put on 0.5lbs over the 3 weeks that my WW class was broken up over christmas!

I have to say I'm totaly delighted with that as I did eat badly, drank quite a bit and did very little exercise. I had a sneaky WI at home last Tuesday and was looking at a 3 - 4lb gain, so to have pulled that back to a titchy 0.5lb gain in three weeks when I put on 14 lbs in 7 weeks last April/May is fantastic and just proves that those small changes make a huge difference!

For the record. I did stick roughly to my cutoff time. It was supposed to be 8 pm but the latest I ate any night was 9pm (at least 2 hours before bed).

I walked the dog every other day as the weather was so bad I couldn't face going out every day.

I have given away the tin of sweets in the office and given another tin away that was left into us today.

and for the most part, I have stuck to my points.... so, I'm doing it all again next week... small changes:

1. not eating after 8.30 (DS has been playing up and with rapid returns etc. don't get my last cuppa till then)

2. walking the dog for 30 minutes at least every other day (have to be realistic here, it is January after all)

3. stick to my points.

I'll keep you up to date about how I'm getting on.

Well done Edel!!! a half a pound gain??? you'll have that off in a day!!!

Back