Edel's Food Diary

Managed to stay on track today!!! I'm confused with the whole weekly pro points. If I used all of the 49 weeklies, then I would gain weight. Not sure if this plan works for me!!!I'm amazed when others loose weight doing this. I just need to tighten up my points. I loose the plot early in the week and then freak out at the weekend. I'll be interested to see if I loose anything this week having eaten 32 weeklies!!!:) :) Glad to have given up the alcohol though, feeling much better as a result!!!Going to try and go for a walk this evening and see if that makes a difference...

Hiya, do you weigh everything? Just thinking if portions are right then you should still lose eating weeklies.

Also when eating out its hard to accurately point - I'm sure I under estimate points of meals out but it's impossible to know how much oil or butter food is cooked in.

How long have you been dieting? Could you have hot a semi plateau so you can't have as much? Also you are pretty close to target now and the last few pounds are always the worst from memory of when I've got to target before.

Maybe really blitz the next couple of weeks, weigh everything, don't estimate any meals out or anything and see how you do.

I'm sure you will lose you are doing great xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Another thought maybe try using your weeklies for healthy foods... Technically you can use them for anything but must be better to use them on good foods ....

Says me who spends them on chocolate ;)

Thanks amba_eliza, I never weigh anything!!! Never really thought about it to be honest. Maybe I should start. God I love food too much to start weighing :D:D I'd say I have enough porridge in the mornings to feed two!!! Heading for the 'weigh in' this morning and will be very interested! I've been dieting since 3rd February and have lost 8 & 1/2 lbs. There's nothing significant about that.. Portions is something I should think about. Off the cigarettes today so I'm all over the shop. Hope I don't start eating too much to compensate.... The battle continues :) Thanks for replying, it means alot x

I reckon try weighing everything then and see how it goes. A little boring but might make all the difference in the run up to the wedding!

Good luck with quitting the fags also! I'm not a smoker so not speaking from experience but heard it's pretty hard to give up and diet at same time!! X

DAY ONE:
Tuesday 6th May 2015

Breakfast:
2 x Yoghurts 2pp

Lunch:
Egg 3pp & Jelly 2pp & Fruit 0pp

Dinner:
Pork Chop 5pp, Cabbage 0pp, Potato 6pp & Butter 2pp
Jelly & Fruit 2pp

Snacks:
Coffees 4pp
2 x Litres of Blackcurrant Sweetened Water 2pp

Total 28pp :) (-2 for AquaFit)

(0)

0/49 Weeklies used so far...

Last edited:
Managed to stay the same this morning at weigh in :D Relieved after the weekend I had. Summer challenge is starting next week and really looking forward to it... I didn't smoke today and I survived!!! Just back from aquafit. Feeling good, will start to weigh porridge in the morning!!! See if that makes a difference :D

That's fantastic edel that you haven't smoked. You are doing amazing xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins.com

DAY TWO:
Wednesday 7th May 2015

Breakfast:
Porridge (40g Weighed :)) & Milk 6pp

Lunch:
2 x Toast 6pp & Ham 2pp

Dinner:
Stew 4pp, Veg 0pp, Potato 5pp

Snacks:
Coffees 4pp
4 x Litres of Blackcurrant Sweetened Water 3pp
Jelly & Fruit 2pp

Total 32pp

(+6)

6/49 Weeklies used so far...

Last edited:
DAY TWO: Without the cigarettes:
Managed to do without the cigarettes today. Was awake at five this morning, cleaned every inch of the house. Didn't do any exercise today but will try to get out before the night is over. Drank a lot of sweetened water which is difficult to point. Feeling good-trying to stay positive and trying to move more. Thank God for the patches as they really help. I'd love to be smoke free for the wedding and I know I can do it... Went over the points today but I'm not too worried. Still plugging away as I don't want to gain back those lbs I lost :) Just trying to put a positive spin on it!!

God giving up smoking is my challenge for Monday. I always say Monday as find it easier at work but hubby smokes too so any day is hard

It's tough going Mrsgosling3... I made several attempts to give up in the past and I failed every time. But this time it might be different, I'm hoping. If I got off to a good start then I know I can do it. I didn't really realise how much I depended on them until now. But I'll stay plugging at it and hopefully I will succeed this time :) It's the sudden cravings to smoke that get me everytime.. Best of luck with your journey let me know how you go!!

I gave up for 6 years and started again nearly 18 months ago. A few months ago I gave up for a month but it's my crutch when I'm stressed but my doctor says if I don't give up he won't prescribe me more of my pill so I have to in the next 4 weeks as that's when it's due lol xxx

Having smoked since the age of 15 (am now 49) :eek: I wanted to give up smoking but never thought I would manage it, I really enjoyed it, could afford it and wasn't an overly heavy smoker. However I was starting to feel like some kind of social outcast standing outside places to smoke and becoming more isolated in groups as fewer and fewer people smoked. Anyway I read a book called Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking and I swear you would not believe just reading a book could make you stop but it did! I had heard other people had done it and just didn't believe it - but it works! I am not plugging the book in anyway but just wanted to say if it worked for me it would work for anyone. It is like my brain has been rewired sometimes I don't even feel like I have ever smoked! It is the strangest thing ever, but it worked. I have not smoked for 7 months and just know that I never will again, it was so easy please give it a try. I hope it works!

well done for keeping up with no fags!!
it is hard - have u got pills or patches off doctor? xx

I met a fantastic doctor called Gail who has helped me no end. I meet her every Wednesday for a session. Can't believe the service is free!! She's so helpful, it's unbelievable. I'm using patches and e-cig for now to take the edge off. I was a big smoker so every day I'm free from them is an achievement. It's funny, I feel more positive this time round. I meet my counsellor on a Thursday to talk some more about them. I hope to remain smoke free for today. I'm just taking one day at a time for now. I'm not so worried about the whole weight thing yet, I'm down 8 +1//2 to date so even if I stay the same next week then I'll be happy :) Find this forum helps me no end, keeping me on the straight and narrow.

DAY THREE:
Thursday 7th May 2015

Breakfast:
Porridge & Milk 6pp

Lunch:
Fruit & Yoghurt 4pp

Dinner:
Bacon 5pp, Peas & Carrots 0pp, Potato 3pp & Butter 3pp

Snacks:
Lots of Teas 5pp
Lots of Water 0pp

Total 26pp :) (-1 for a short walk)

(-1)

6/49 Weeklies used so far!!!

Last edited:
Still hanging in there (just about). Bought myself a bracelet out of the money I would have spent on the cigarettes!! I'm hoping the cravings will lessen as I go on. Feeling good today. I sickened myself with coffee on the first day and can't touch it since. Feel I have more energy & my taste has improved. Trying really hard to stay within my points, would love to be down a lb on Tuesday!

Still off them, think I need a new hobby though. I've so much more time on my hands now than before.. Off for dinner out tomorrow nite so I need to be careful. Mite have a sneaky glass of wine if I can stay on track tomorrow. Really don't want to pile back on the weight :) I'm four lbs from my target and I really want to do it between now and May 22nd... Aiming for two lbs next week and two lbs the following week.. Here's to hoping it goes well for me...

Last edited:
DAY FOUR:
Friday 7th May 2015

Breakfast:
Banana 0pp
Brown Bread 2pp

Lunch:
Yoghurt 6pp
Tayto 4pp

Dinner:
Chicken 5pp, Cheese 2pp, Potato 3pp & Carrots 0pp

Snacks: