EE vs Green confusion - any advice for non-meat eater?

Kefalonian at heart

thinking about food
Hello,

I have been following EE for 6 weeks and have had very mixed results. As I eat a predominantly vegetarian diet so I don't have a problem with 1/3 superfree (I have fish maybe once a week) I am wondering about trying green days to see if I get better results. BUT having printed out the green day info I can't see any major difference apart from the extra HE's, so I am reluctant to try it as surely I'd be eating more bread/diary? I am an on line member of SW so don't have access to a consultant, can anyone explain the benefits (or not) of swapping to green or incorporating green days? I am
C O N F U S E D (or dumb!)
Thanks
:confused:

Hi!! I can't really help you, I was just browsing, but your nickname cought my attention! I live in Greece as well, (in Athens and I am Greek) and a couple of years ago I did SW online as well but I fell of the sw wagon! Hope you get your answer, I don't really remember the difference between the plans! Good luck! PS I haven't been to kefallonia, but I hear it's beautiful there! Enjoy!

Hi!! I can't really help you, I was just browsing, but your nickname cought my attention! I live in Greece as well, (in Athens and I am Greek) and a couple of years ago I did SW online as well but I fell of the sw wagon! Hope you get your answer, I don't really remember the difference between the plans! Good luck! PS I haven't been to kefallonia, but I hear it's beautiful there! Enjoy!
Hi Athens!
Thanks for your message. Kefalonia is very beautiful - it's even better when the sun is out!

Everyone is different, but when I first tried green days I was only having one HEA thinking I would loose more as I would be eating less. I didn't loose and my consultant suggested I had both HEA's (I was already having both HEB's)

So if you're like me then you may be struggling on EE as technically when your not eating any meat (well on the days your not eating fish) you technically are doing green but are down 2 healthy extra's

Hey I'm vegan so only follow green days. I can't really explain how it works but it does!! I always have my 2 B choices but rarely my A's as there isn't much vegan stuff to pick from and I don't have soya milk in my tea or eat cereal for breakfast. Only thing I watch is potato - I find too much of it doesn't do me much good but everyone us different :) try some green days out and see if it works for you - yes you have two more healthy extras but generally vegetarians will be eating far less calories than a meat eater as your diet is based around veg, legumes and tofu. No fat AT ALL :) so I think that's how 2 healthy extras can be eaten with no gains.

I would be doing green if I were you. Doing EE as an almost-veggie is essentially depriving yourself of 1-2 HExs per day. On the odd occasion you have meat or fish, you can portion it as your second HExB or do EE that day.

Just to add that on the green plan you will also have a wider range of HEBs to choose from which can be important in making sure you get your protein content. HEBs are not all about bread so check out the full lists of what you can have online.

I do 3 green days during the week as I don't love meat and I like having more Healthy Extras - it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss :)

I'm a veggie and I've only ever done green. It's been said above and it's so true - HEXB's are so much more than just bread and cereal. Having the option to have nuts and seeds (although I know you can have these on EE now) is great and you get a bigger variety of cheese to choose from on green days too.

I honestly think that if you're a veggie doing EE you're just diddling yourself out of two HEXs and there's no point depriving yourself.

I've lost over 4.5 stone doing only green. I eat big portions with lots of carbs, use all or at least most of my syns every day and don't always bother with 1/3 superfree if it doesn't fit in with my meal. Maybe I'll have to change some of these things at some point but until that day I'm sticking with it. :) Not suggesting that this would work for everyone but just goes to show how well SW can work!

Give green a go, I'm sure you'll enjoy it xxx

Thanks guys!:thankyou:

I'm going to give it a go for next week. I know the HE's aren't all about bread and cheese but that's all I see on the page - like tunnel vision! I loves me bread and cheese

Thanks guys!:thankyou:

I'm going to give it a go for next week. I know the HE's aren't all about bread and cheese but that's all I see on the page - like tunnel vision! I loves me bread and cheese

Haha, same here! I have to try really hard to vary my HEXs but it's so nice to have that extra bit of choice on green :) x

Back