Egg white omelettes

let me know how it tastes!... went to make one but have no eggs in the fridge.... so will have to wait til the next grocery shop! anyone think 1 full egg and 2 whites would taste as good as scrambled eggs? or am i better just making the omlette? xxxx

It tasted alright to be honest, i think it would probably scramble up ok and with plenty of seasoning it would be just as nice

I filled mine with pepper, leek, mushroom and a 5% fat sausage chopped up and it was plenty filling enough for me ( im so chuffed i went into the chip shop for sausage and chips for my son for his dinner on my way home and didnt get tempted to have anything myself :D )

Gerry - I'm absolutely loving your roasted veg idea (especially the pic - yumscious!) I've had it every day this week (didn't buy the seasoning but whacked a few herbs on it instead!) I've been having butternut squash in it as well. Droooool. Hurrah for you sharing that!

Last edited:
Gerry - I'm absolutely loving your roasted veg idea (especially the pic - yumscious!) I've had it every day this week (didn't buy the seasoning but whacked a few herbs on it instead!) I've been having butternut squash in it as well. Droooool. Hurrah for you sharing that!
Hi Dopey, I'm so pleased that you tried it! Imho not enough people on here have tried it as it is absolutely delish! I will add butternut squash in and see what it's like. I have had this dinner twice already this week and am looking forward to having at again! :D

Hi Dopey, I'm so pleased that you tried it! Imho not enough people on here have tried it as it is absolutely delish! I will add butternut squash in and see what it's like. I have had this dinner twice already this week and am looking forward to having at again! :D

EVERYONE should try it. I heart roasted veg :p
I've been having it with quorn and homemade potato wedges (possibly just because I am exceedingly lazy - you can chop the potato up and pop it in the oven at the same time!)
Yumscious. Jamis Oliver eat your heart out.

:D I did see your Pizza posting Nikki
i shall have to get round to taking some piccys if i ever cook anything that looks edible that is :8855:

Gerry I did the schwartz mediterranean roasted veggies
earlier in the week with a grilled chicken breast
but on my scouting around I also found a Spainish
veg mix by schwartz as well which works out at wait for it 0.5 a packet ( feels smug at my find )

Last edited:
Yeah, but the spanish one is bogging! FFS all the veg are free surely you can't begrudge me 1.5pts for my mix! :D

Btw, guess what I had for dinner tonight?? :rolleyes:

Hey Nik, nothing better than grey rice to keep you motivated huh? :D Your curry looks lovely, may I have the recipe please? :)

PMSL You lot crack me up. I love reading all your posts. Your comical. Curry looks and sounds lovely. I have a question completely boring and off topic. What does butternut squash taste and feel like in your mouth. Also aubergine and corgette. I have never had either of those too. lol. I just don't do funky veg I'm a plain old broccolli and carrots bird. But I am getting 4 of my WW friends round next weekend and I am cooking up some of the recipes I have found. The curry and roasted veg are 2 of themm and the lasagne. If anyone else has any ideas for my little taster session please let me know but I would love to find out more about strange veg that I have never had before if anyone can help. lol. Asparagus is another one. :)

Yikes how to describe the taste and texture of butter squash well it's kind of a buttery sweet taste with a very soft can be watery texture
Aubergine doesn't have a taste at all but is great for bulking out a curry or a ratatouille, cougette are slightly bitter in taste but good with a tomato based sauce and all I can say on aspargus is it has a taste all of it's own but once eaten it gives your wee a really funny smell

Thanks alot ladies. Gonna have to give them all ago. Youz are the bestestest. lol. Have you both had a good week so far?

Why oh why did I have to go and look at the picture Nikki
and why oh why do mine never come out of the oven looking any where near remotely edible

Back