EL pork mince

*angela*

Silver Member
Just wondering has anyone tried to make homemade sausages using the extra lean pork mince? Really miss proper sausages+was thinking of giving it a go x

Sent from my iPhone

Not tried it myself but others have, using beef & they came out ok so I cant see why it wouldn't work.

Just wondering has anyone tried to make homemade sausages using the extra lean pork mince? Really miss proper sausages+was thinking of giving it a go x

Sent from my iPhone

Sainsburys do... be good to yourself extra lean Cumberland sausages which are only half a syn each and they are really really nice. Have you tried those? They are definitely proper sausages!!

Sainsburys do... be good to yourself extra lean Cumberland sausages which are only half a syn each and they are really really nice. Have you tried those? They are definitely proper sausages!!

Agreed. I don't even like "proper" sausages that much, but the BGTY ones are delicious!

Use your E.L. Pork for Yuk Sung!
Pete’s Yuk Sung (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce (s) (sff)
1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tbsp. garlic (sff)
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2 syn /2= 1syn)
2cm cube of ginger, finely grated
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
120g Brown Rice (ff)
250g Extra Lean Pork Mince (ff)
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn /2=0.5 syn)
Salt & pepper

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a saucepan with 400ml of cold water and add rice, bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 mins.
Tip rice into a sieve and rinse, return to the saucepan. Then put to one side.
Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.
Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add cider vinegar, chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic , spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce & sesame oil. Finally add oyster sauce.
Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

Yuk Sung 2013 (Small).JPG

Back