Elivira's on a mission to eliminate 100lbs!

Hello lovely elvira:D hope you're ok?

I think your diet plans sound great:D after all, all diets 'work' it's just a case of finding what suits you best. I think it's a great plan to use exante as a head start, and I know you will look and feel fab at your graduation whatever plan you choose

I hope you keep up with your diary though? even if you leave exante I'd love to keep up with how you're getting on xxxx

Hello lovely loved-up :D

Thank you for your lovely message! I will definitely keep up with my diary - I'll probably get it moved into the relevant section though but if you are subscribed, you'll still see it :)

I've just walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill (at a very, very brisk pace, might I add!) and although I am knackered, I feel fantastic! I'm going to do it every day, Mon-Fri (I work all weekend) with the hope that it will become a habit. It's only burned 275kcals but that is over a third of my intake so it should do some good :confused:

How are you doing? xxx

Thinking about the future

I've been thinking a lot today about how to go about losing the rest of this weight, and I've come to a decision. A sensible decision I think.

I've decided to join Slimming World. I don't think that excluding food/food groups, such as carbs, is right for me, as I'll either have trouble incorporating it back into my diet when I'm done, or I'll have to avoid them forever. With SW, I'll learn how to eat everything in moderation, and if I want the occasional takeaway, or cake, I can have them. I can just include them in my Syn allowance, or cut back in the rest of my daily meals. If I go on holiday and want fish and chips for tea, it won't totally ruin my diet.

It's not about speed for me any more. It's about learning to eat healthily so I can maintain my new slim figure without feeling deprived or punished.

I feel proud of coming to a sensible decision at last. I just can't help but think where I could have been by now had I started SW in the first place. Probably at goal!

But no more looking back. Onwards and downwards...on the scales!

Elvira said:
I've been thinking a lot today about how to go about losing the rest of this weight, and I've come to a decision. A sensible decision I think.

I've decided to join Slimming World. I don't think that excluding food/food groups, such as carbs, is right for me, as I'll either have trouble incorporating it back into my diet when I'm done, or I'll have to avoid them forever. With SW, I'll learn how to eat everything in moderation, and if I want the occasional takeaway, or cake, I can have them. I can just include them in my Syn allowance, or cut back in the rest of my daily meals. If I go on holiday and want fish and chips for tea, it won't totally ruin my diet.

It's not about speed for me any more. It's about learning to eat healthily so I can maintain my new slim figure without feeling deprived or punished.

I feel proud of coming to a sensible decision at last. I just can't help but think where I could have been by now had I started SW in the first place. Probably at goal!

But no more looking back. Onwards and downwards...on the scales!

Hope it works for you Elvira x stick to it and you'll get there xx good luck!!'

That's a great decision and I agree that it's the best for you, I thought it probably would be as well. When are you going to start?

I'm going to start on Valentine's Day, as that will be my last WI on Exante, and my packs will be finished on the Monday.

WI tomorrow - excited! Just hoping to get as much off as I can tomorrow and this week to get a good head-start.

I'm really excited about this!

Hope you have a better one than I'm bound to!

Let's hope so, praying for a miracle! Today has been a perfect day, hopefully I've pulled it back. Not that I've not been on track this week, I have. So here's hoping.

Week 3 WI

Another 3lbs off for me.

I was hoping for more, but 3lbs is fantastic still. I'm going to have to get used to smaller losses when I start SW on Tuesday.

Slow and steady wins the race!

3lbs is definitely fantastic, well done!

*cough* geek! *cough* :p

You're welcome! Good luck - I am sure you will do fantastically well! Just push through the first couple of days, and you will be flying. It's always easiest first time round, so do it this time and stick to it. Don't make my mistake xx

I've just done 30mins of walking on the treadmill, so that's another 256kcals burned. It's not much, but considering I didn't used to any exercise at all, I'm pretty proud that I'm doing my 30mins 5 days a week :D

Soon to be Mrs Geek!

Soon to be Mrs Geek!

Ah yes, indeed! :D

My MA application has been updated to "Stage 2 of 4: Sent to admissions tutor for consideration". Eeeeep!

Diet-wise, I still feel really crap. I'm going to start having two shakes and a healthy meal for the rest of the week - I'm going to gain a little weight either way, so may as well get it out of the way, then hopefully lose it again in my first full week of SW.

I couldn't care less about Exante now. I just want to move on and forget that I ever succumbed to the evils of a VLCD!!!

Sounds like a good plan, probably better off doing that really. How much longer til you hear about the MA?

Not sure. Will probably be within the next week or two though.

Then I just need to wait for funding applications to open!

Back