Elivira's on a mission to eliminate 100lbs!

I'm just cooking myself up half a chicken breast because I am feeling the urge to eat and would rather have that than something that will throw me out of ketosis!!!

I may switch to a plan where I can have a small amount of food. I'm in no hurry to lose the weight so 8-10lbs a month is more than sufficient.

I miss eating with Mike in the evenings but I know I have the self control to stick to the plan and not eat things I shouldn't.

I think I will see how I feel over the next week. If the desire to have a meal subsides again, I will stick to just shakes. I already do add a meal Fri-Sun each week so that Mike and I can eat together. I find this keeps me on track as well so I'm already in the practice of keeping track of my white meat/fish and greens!!!

Hey Elvira - saw you were thinking of swapping to WW over on that board- that's what I'm thinking of doing after Xmas I've struggled with TFR this time and want something sustainable in the longer term- look forward to seeing how you get on x well done on your progress so far too

P.S think our stats are not too disimilar these days to- so will be really interested to see how we get on

Last edited:
Hiya, I too am thinking of going over to WW pro points afer xmas, I also eat a small protein meal if I think this will stop me going off plan, only been doing this the past week but i know its helped me persoally so much, about to go for my 1st WI while doing this and after the change over to Exante. hope it works out for you whichever you choose. Good luck x

Hey ladies, thanks so much for your messages!

I have actually already changed to WW and this is my second week. So far I am LOVING it!

I lost 3lbs in 5 days and still losing. It's so enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anyone!

slimmer bridezilla, fancy a buddy? x

I'd love a buddy - thankyou - amazed you've managed to lose in the first week after the swap!!! I find as soon as I eat real food I gain but I guess once I stablised I'd start to lose again. You've done brilliantly (i've been messing about and gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again) I also think that TFR adds to my binge/starve all or nothing mentality whereas I'd like to achieve some balance in my relationship with food that's sustainable in the long term. Having said that I'd like to use up my packs and try and get a bit more off quickly before Xmas (although I have to say I struggle to be 100% most of the time) - we'll see. How have you found WW so far?

Well done Elvira. To be perfectly honest I was considering looking into WW myself, lol coz my losses have slowed right down on TS recently and getting really fed up with it. Good to know you are still losing even with the change to normal food though. Did you refeed first?

I'd love a buddy - thankyou - amazed you've managed to lose in the first week after the swap!!! I find as soon as I eat real food I gain but I guess once I stablised I'd start to lose again. You've done brilliantly (i've been messing about and gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again) I also think that TFR adds to my binge/starve all or nothing mentality whereas I'd like to achieve some balance in my relationship with food that's sustainable in the long term. Having said that I'd like to use up my packs and try and get a bit more off quickly before Xmas (although I have to say I struggle to be 100% most of the time) - we'll see. How have you found WW so far?

I did gain to begin with but it dropped off again because I kept up the water and didn't go mental on carbs. I love WW so far! It's so flexible and easy to live with. Tracking my points each day is a habit now. I love doing it! Haven't managed to make it to a meeting yet because of work but hoping to fit it in this week some time!
Are you on Facebook? x

Well done Elvira. To be perfectly honest I was considering looking into WW myself, lol coz my losses have slowed right down on TS recently and getting really fed up with it. Good to know you are still losing even with the change to normal food though. Did you refeed first?

No I didn't refeed. I just started WW straight off. The new plan makes you keep your carbs low anyway, so I found even though I gained in the first couple of days, I lost it again and had a loss overall :D x

That's really good to know - from what your saying about the new pro points it might suit me better -as I'm complete carb addict - my mum's been doing really well on it. Afraid I'm not on face book these days as I got a bit concerned about security (I'm in the legal profession) could always message you through minimims?

It does sound tempting I must admit. Only problem is finding the time to go to a meeting. Not that I could get to a meeting anyway with the weather we are having so I think Ill look into it after Christmas.

Thanks Elvira and keep us updated on how youre doing.

That's really good to know - from what your saying about the new pro points it might suit me better -as I'm complete carb addict - my mum's been doing really well on it. Afraid I'm not on face book these days as I got a bit concerned about security (I'm in the legal profession) could always message you through minimims?

Oooh yeah I understand. You have to be careful mixing work and Facebook :sigh: Yes, message me on here whenever you like! I pop on every day so I'll always get back to you :D x

It does sound tempting I must admit. Only problem is finding the time to go to a meeting. Not that I could get to a meeting anyway with the weather we are having so I think Ill look into it after Christmas.

Thanks Elvira and keep us updated on how youre doing.

I will do hun! x

Back again!

FIRST POST OF NEW DIARY: I forgot I had started this and was just thinking I should start a diary, and I suddenly remembered I had last time.

Well, I'm back again. It's been yonks since I did Exante - December 2010!!! I didn't really manage very well on WW. I even tried SW and just plain old calorie counting but I just couldn't stick to them. Then I just gave up altogether - never a smart move. So here I am, back to nearly where I started the very very first time I started CD!!!

This time I'm determined to get the weight off once and for all. I am nearly at the end of Day 3 on TS and so far so good.

Today's intake:

1 x banana shake
1 x chocolate shake
1 x Tesco U/S bar
3l water

I was in ketosis by yesterday afternoon so it's fat burning all the way now!

I hope a few people will start reading this and join me on my very very long journey! xxx

Last edited:
Hi! I spotted a post from you on another board and then found this page. I'm not on Exante but I'm still allowed over to the dark side for your diary right? :p Glad to see you getting back on track, I'm assuming you're doing Exante again? Good luck hun!

I remember you I think...did you do LT a couple of years ago? I've definitely seen you around somewhere- but you didnt have a photo then :)

Good Luck on your journey, I'm back again...Got a wedding dress to buy and considering they come up small I'd be getting heffalump size in a horrible style at this rate, gotta get the weight off. xx

Hi! I spotted a post from you on another board and then found this page. I'm not on Exante but I'm still allowed over to the dark side for your diary right? :p Glad to see you getting back on track, I'm assuming you're doing Exante again? Good luck hun!

Yes, definitely! I just noticed you were still active on here - it's nice to see a familiar face! Well done on your progress so far! Yep I'm back on Exante - just want the weight off for graduation. I don't want the proudest moment of my life to be clouded by feeling fat! I've subscribed to your diary so I can check up on how you're doing :p xxx

I remember you I think...did you do LT a couple of years ago? I've definitely seen you around somewhere- but you didnt have a photo then :)

Good Luck on your journey, I'm back again...Got a wedding dress to buy and considering they come up small I'd be getting heffalump size in a horrible style at this rate, gotta get the weight off. xx

I remember you too, but I've never done LT. I've done CD, WW, SW and Exante before - perhaps you saw me on one of those forums?

Oooh wedding dresses are always good motivation! I'm getting married at the end of the year, if finances work out, and if we ever set a date! I'll be at my first goal by August so I'm hoping to lose the last couple of stone more gently so that I'm a nice healthy weight for my wedding. Good luck hun and I'll keep an eye out for you on here! Do you have a diary? xxx

Day 4, and I can't believe I have made it this far being 100%!

It's been a long time since I've managed that, but this time my head is totally in the game. Normally, by now, I would have convinced myself that this diet isn't healthy, and that I could lose the weight 'the normal way' and I would have jacked it in to have a half-assed attempt at WW or SW. Not this time. This time, I'm going to see it through!

I can't wait to WI on Tuesday - I will have less than 100lbs to lose! If I'm lucky, I'll have less than 90lbs to lose! I lost 12.25lbs in my first week on Exante last time so I'm hoping for similar this time. I was reading through this diary, and I worked out that I lost 4st 5lbs in 13 weeks last time I did it - if I could do anywhere near as well as that this time, I'll be jumping for joy! My first mini target is 3st by Easter - that's 42lbs in 10 weeks which should be easily achievable. I lost 47lbs in 10 weeks last time I did Exante.

No headache today! Hoorah! I feel a bit lethargic but that could just be a come down from all the stress of getting my uni assignments done over the past two weeks. I am working all weekend, but then I have Monday to Friday to just chill out and leisurely work on my dissertation. Then I have work all weekend, and then I'm back to uni on the Monday. I'm glad though as the days will be busy for me, and I won't be able to think about food. Plus time flies so fast when I'm at uni so I'll be graduating and at goal before I know it!

I had a Tesco U/S bar last night and it was delicious! So much nicer than the Exante bars. I definitely made the right decision in switching to them. I suppose I'd better have a strawberry shake at some point today - I really hate them but I have 14 to get through so I may as well make a start on them and get them out of the way. Perhaps I won't find them so disgusting this time!

Plan for today is to catch up on The Biggest Loser US and Masterchef! xx

Eeeek!

The dates are up for when graduation ceremonies will be held, and it's a month earlier than last year! This means I have a month less to get to my target.

I should still be able to make it. I will lose nearly a stone this week, then that leaves me 6 months to lose 6st. Easy! I'm positive! :p

I feel really light-headed today. Not sure why. I seem to recall this feeling last time I did Exante. I think it passed quite quickly.

I have work all day tomorrow and all day Sunday. I'm a bit apprehensive as it will be hard to fit all the water in. I work in retail so it's not like I can just have a drink with me whenever I want. I get a lunch break and that's it. I have a 1.25l bottle for my hour lunch break tomorrow, and a 750ml bottle for my half hour lunch break on Sunday. If I can get through those and then drink 1.5l when I get home, I'll still get the minimum 2.25l in.

I'm taking a bar with me for lunch as it's less conspicuous than mixing up a shake. I don't want everyone knowing what I'm doing really. It's just too much hassle explaining it and then listening to all the "It's not healthy" etc.

Intake for today:
1 x vanilla shake
1 x chocolate shake
1 x Tesco U/S bar
3l water

4 days 100%. I'm so proud! Roll on Tuesday!

Well done for getting back on track, you're a stronger woman than I am doing Exante! I hope the light headedness passes soon. 6 stone in 6 months is certainly a big task but I think you can do it! Exciting about the wedding, didn't realise you were planning on it being so soon!

Well we've been engaged for 5 years so it's about time really lol It's just been hard, what with being so far from our families and me only getting a student income. I don't want a big wedding, but I do want it to be nice. And unfortunately even small weddings cost a fair bit!

Thank you for your faith in me!!! I really didn't think I'd ever be able to get back into a VLCD. I really think this is the last time. I have to do it! xxx

Day 7

I haven't posted for a couple of days as I work all weekend and I'm practically dead at the end of my shifts!

The weekend was so hard. I didn't feel hungry or want to eat, but I was so hot! Sweating buckets, I mean it was literally dripping off me on Saturday which was so embarrassing, plus it made me feel really dizzy and I felt so sick. Sunday wasn't so bad - I felt the same in the morning but I cooled off after lunch when I wasn't moving around so much. I work for a budget fashion store (I know you will know which one haha!) so it's really manual work and I'm usually rushing around a lot. Thank God it's a quiet period, because I think I would have passed out if it had been as busy as usual. I hope I don't feel the same next week. I was drinking enough water, so not sure what the problem was really.

I feel really hungry today - I think I've knocked myself out of ketosis as the flavoured water I was drinking had citric acid in and I didn't realise until last night. I've switched to plain tap water so I'm sure I'll go back into ketosis soon. No food has passed my lips so there's not much else for my body to burn but fat! Mind you, I haven't had my first shake yet today so that could be why I'm hungry.

I'm so pleased that I've managed a whole week being 100%, and it hasn't been too much of a struggle. I can't wait to see what the scales tell me tomorrow!!! xxx

Back