Elivira's on a mission to eliminate 100lbs!

Oh I definitely do, especially this week. But I know you'll have a good loss next week to make up for it

As will you! I will keep my fingers crossed for us both! To be honest, I'd be happy to keep losing 3.5lbs a week. That would put me bang on target. From previous experience, I seem to fluctuate 3, 4, 3, 4 etc. which still would put me bang on target anyway. It's a win win really!

You (and I!) need to remember that every loss, no matter how small, puts you closer to your goal. xx

I agree though to be honest, struggling with that a bit today!

That's a real good loss Elvira well done! I know parking is an issue everywhere nowadays but remember the more difficult spot you park in the BETTER driver you are!

Hi elvira

Well done on a great weigh in:D and very very very well done on two weeks 100%:clap:

Between that, working and studying I am very in awe of you:worthy:

That graduation target sounds well within reach, you'll be slim and with a 1st in no time:D

Well done on the loss hun! You're doing brilliantly x

Aww, thanks guys!

Just got back from uni - it's so cold today! Oh, and I parallel parked perfectly :D

Just watching The Hungry Sailors again - I love that show! :eek:

I tend to get there very early and park in the Pub on the Pond, it's just round the corner from the Glyndwr building lol.

Ooh that's a good idea! I think I will just start going in for 10 - the car park is never full at that time.

If you go in early the library is pretty good to while away the time

Yeah, I know. I often spend my free hours in there :) I just prefer to work from home. I miss my 9am lectures and finishing by 12 so I could go home and get loads of work done :sigh:

I know what you mean. Getting started on work at home in the morning is so much harder but it is more productive working at home.

Hope you're having a good day xxxx

Hope you're having a good day xxxx

Aww thanks hun! I had a great day!

I went for a dissertation supervision meeting which went really well. My supervisor is my idol, and to have her sitting there telling me I'm really good is something special for me :D

Then I went to IKEA with H2B, and we got a dvd tower to match the bookcase, some pretty storage boxes for all my folders, and some cool picture frames - I had the idea to do a montage of photos of us in all of the places we've travelled to. I think they look great! They are like film rolls with 7 slots in each- we got three of them, then we chose 21 of our favourite photos and turned them black and white, printed them out and popped them in. Fab!

H2B just had a pizza for dinner. I must admit it was hard standing at the pizza counter in Asda, but we came home, he ate it and I had my shake. Now I feel fine, and so glad I am not eating greasy pizza!!!

How was your day? xxx

I'm sure you told me before but what are you doing your dissertation on? I'm trying to decide the topic for my mini dissertation type thing, it's hard!

Photos sound great, I know the frame things you mean. I like them!

I'm doing it on an unpublished funeral stela from the Middle Kingdom that is in the British Museum. A stela is basically a rectangular slab of limestone (usually) which were placed in the memorial chapels of dead relatives. They have images of the deceased and his family, usually sitting at a table eating the food offerings that the relatives left for them. There's usually a hieroglyphic inscription on the top which starts with "An offering that the king gives to <a specific god or gods>..." Basically, the offerings were given to the gods on behalf of the king, and the stela asks that the deceased be able to have some of the offerings in order to survive in the afterlife. The inscription usually has a bit about how great the deceased was in his life, and lists all the good things he did.

Anyway, basically I'm translating the inscription, and analysing it with the image to try and determine where it originally came from, and when in the Middle Kingdom it was made. It probably sounds really boring, but it's proper detective work as there are no records with the stela.

I get excited about it anyway lol. I've found out that it belonged to a guy named Intef, who was chief of the workmen in the Nile Valley, which is kind of cool.

I'm such a geek :p

Haha you are a geek but it's cool, so am I! That kind of stuff sounds amazing. I LOVE the Egyptians, as you already know lol Your dissertations are very different to the ones we had to do, which is cool though. It suits your type of degree a lot more and makes sense to do. Do you think you'll be able to find out much about it?

I've found loads so far but sadly I'll never know for sure - it's mostly best guess based on similar examples.

Very excited today - I just got the acknowledgment email for my MA application, and I should have a decision within 9 working days! :D

Wow your studies sound so fascinating, and how great that not only do you love it but you're so good at it too:D It must have been a real confidence boost for you yesterday:D

Fingers tightly crossed for your MA application to be succesful:cross: it's good you don't have to wait long for an answer, that's the worst part!

Hope you have another fab day today xxx

Wow 9 days is so quick, good luck and let me know how it goes!

Really struggling today. I just feel like chucking it in. I've been thinking all day "I could do WW", "I could do Slimming World", and any other diet, and the only thing that puts me off is that I really want to lose 6st by graduation. I don't even know what has triggered this. The shakes have been making me gag for the last couple of days too which doesn't help.

I'll keep plodding on, but I really, really hate Exante today.

Back