Ella Belle's SF Diary

Ella Belle said:
Great to have you here Em :) I'm finding the smoking okay so far but I haven't been around any smokers yet, it'll get harder when I get together with my friends.

I've been trying to not use my weeklies Atomic unless it's really necessary. Like, what I mean is I was trying to keep them for the occasional recipes as oppose to using them every day or on treats until my wi night and then I allow it for myself. Having said that, I've just used 3pp for a little pack of Special K mini-breaks..I don't know what was wrong with me tonight but I really felt like having something extra. I had the Special K things from a race pack I got a few weeks ago, they were actually delicious but 3pp is a bit much for them.

I had a good day today, went for a walk with my friend this evening. She's trying to lose weight too and has a good bit to lose. I've tried to encourage her to do WW but she doesn't seem to want to know. It meant I went a good bit slower on the walk than I would normally but that doesn't matter. I really would love her to be successful but I think I annoy her a lot because I can kind of get into it and get focused. i'm going to really try to be there for her and help her if I can. I've encouraged her to join this site but she doesn't have internet access and the moment.

Week 4 Day 2

B - apple, yogurt & pineapple - no time to make porridge this morning :(
S - satsuma
L - pitta, chicken & salad with ww salad dressing, satsuma
S - apple
D - pork with shredded omelette and brown rice - ate a bit much of this I'd say
S - Special K mini-breaks caramel (3)

Exercise - 1hr mt. walk, Shred D18

Weekly pp - 3/49 (can someone confirm for me that the weeklies allowed is 49..or is it 45??)

Morning hun,

Your food always looks soooo yummy! The walking sounds gd too, it's a bit frustrating when your trying to help someone but they don't seem too bothered isn't it. I'm sure though she would come around if she saw all your food! She's lucky to have an encouraging friend like u! I agree about the points I'm trying to use mine for like sauces and things not like to have chocolate every day! Lol!

Xxx

Morning :)

Thanks for that Mitch! Phew! Was worried for a few days that it was just 45!

Em my food is so simple, honestly..I've been using the ww magazines a good bit because I'd have a tendency to just eat very plain food otherwise and might get bored and eat like crazy!!

That's great that you are supporting your friend :0) food looks good,like your idea of using the WW mag for recipes so you don't get bored of what you are having.Since I've started doing sf,I also am more 'fussy' on what I spend my weeklies on :0)

Daisy I'm a bit of a geek with the magazines, I get really excited when I get a new one then I label all the recipes I like so I can easily find them in the mag...chicken stew with stuffed olives tonight...and moussaka for the first time ever on Sunday!!!

Good idea,I think anything that encourages us to try new foods or recipes is good,I have a few of the magazines so maybe I should have another flick through them sometime :0)

I have to say I like cooking through the magazines but I don't ever cook anything from them. I think the great thing about SF and WW generally is being able to adapt anything to make it work with the plan.

Food looking great, really like the sound of the pork dish you had.

I am thinking that after this week of tryng to reduce the amount of weeklies I have, or at least be a bit more critical about what I am using them on. Maybe see if that makes a difference.

To be honest the pork was only okay, the whole thing seemed a bit dry..I was thinking if I'd marinated the pork it might have worked a it better. Tonight I made Chicken stew with pimento stuffed olives from another WW magazine, it was really delicious. I'm only just getting into olives and OH hates them but they made it a bit different. I think that's a good idea Atomic about your points, it'd be worth a try for a week or so anyway. One thing, I never use my exercise points at all but if I have to go out or something then I'll try to do a bit more to compensate. Anyway, forget about it now..enjoy Diamond Day!!!

Week 4 Day 3

B - apple,yogurt & pineapple
L - pitta, chicken, salad, ww salad cream, satsuma
S - -apple
D - chicken stew with baby potatoes & olives(3), ww petit pain (have a race in the morning otherwise I wouldn't have had this) and veg

Exercise - 3mile jog, Shred D19

Tomorrow I'm going to do a 5mile race in Dublin. I say race, but really I'm just going to try to motivate myself and maybe improve my time a little. Once upon a time I used to do 8minute miles which I was really happy about..now I do 12minute miles :( I know it will improve as time goes on and I get fitter. I would be delighted tomorrow if I could get the 5miles done in anything less than the hour (so just under 12min/mile). I have booked and paid for four races in total, tomorrow is the first, then in July there's a 6mile, in August a 10mile and a 13mile in September (there's also a 26mile marathon in September but I'm not going to talk about that until I get past the 10mile). The longest I've ever done is a 13mile about 5years ago when I was really fit and really skinny..I'm really hoping to get there again :)
Oh was supposed to come with me tomorrow and we were to do touristy things in Dub but he has to work now so I'm going to come home and go for a big walk with the pup :)

Wow! Impressive that you are doing a race! Hope you enjoy it and weather is good race weather (I have no idea what weather is good for running)! Your stew sounds good. I am not a massive olive fan either but I had them stuffed in some chicken and it was really good. X

WOW! Really impressive to have signed up for all the races. Sure you will enjoy today's and then be excited for the next one. I am pretty much in awe of anyone that contemplates running that distance. I regularly walk for 9-10 miles but I cannot imagine managing to run it!

The chicken and olives sounds good. I was converted to olives about 10 years ago and LOVE them now, unfortunately they are usually off the menu as OH hates them and I always forget to put them in after I have dished up his portion.

I did a 10 mile walk the other day, took me 4hrs and I thought I was gonna die at the end! No way could I even think about running or jogging that long!

I finished!! Lashing rain and I needed a wee the whole way around but I think I did it in 55mins which I'd be delighted with...I forgot my stopwatch do I'll have to wait for the official results tomorrow. I didn't find it easy but it's only my 3rd run outside all year, it will get easier and faster. The last 2miles were nearly all uphill, it was so nice to see 400m to go!! My shin was a bit sore the whole way, I'll get a rub later :) Thanks for your support girls..onwards and upwards now :)

Yay well done!!! That's a great time! Makes me feel bad, I've only been up 1hr 45mins and u have been out an run and everything! Well done!

:) Ah but it's your birthday...you should not do anything but relax and be happy today!!!

Well done on your run! Ouch about the weather and your shin hurting and needing a wee all the way round! Great time as well,enjoy the rest of your day :0)

Brilliant result on the run. Hope you are giving yourself a well deserved rest today.

Yesterday's food and exercise -

B - porridge, apple
S - banana x 2
L - pitta, chicken, lettuce, tomato, laughing cow light, pineapple
S - satsuma
D - red kidney bean soup with lime yogurt with leftover chicken and bacon, ww petit pain
S - nature valley bar, 1/2 aero caramel, 1/2 packet jellies (8) - these were the freebees from the race which I shared with OH last night

Exercise - 5mile race (official time: 52mins 24secs), 2hr Mt. walk, Shred D20

Weekly PP - 14/49

I felt yesterday was a good day and I felt really tired last night which was great, I love that feeling where your muscles are sore from exercise. I'm on to the last 10days of 30 day Shred now. I didn't really enjoy level 2, to be honest I found it really hard and although admittedly I increased the weights, I didn't find it getting any easier during the 10 days. I'm looking forward to it being over now. I think when it's done I'm going to have a DVD free week and then start Ripped in 30. Jillian is starting to really bug me but I do think her work outs are great.

I haven't even gotten up yet today, feeling very lazy! I think i'll head up the mountain in a bit after I do Day 21 of Shred but I might just stay home and do some cleaning instead. This house is really being ignored lately and the evidence is clear to see. I'm going to try to make Moussaka today, I've never had it so I've no idea what to expect.

Okay, I've just decided..I'm going to get up..strip the bed..put some washing on...do Shred D21..go for a 4mile walk just around here..come back to hoover, clean and wash..make dinner....sit and chill....(maybe groom the dog)

This is an extremely boring post, apologies for that, just feeling a bit blah today. I had to get up in the middle of last night after an emergency call from the monitoring company at my Mam's house, she had fallen and couldn't get up..it was all a bit of a mess, she was fine though but I think that's what has me feeling weird today. Anyway...onwards and upwards...let's go get Shredded Jillian.....

Sorry to hear that about your Mum,glad she is ok though.Your post wasn't boring at all,in fact I agree with it,especially about level two of the shred being hard and also getting bored of the shred.I was planning on a lazy ish day but I think I should shift my butt into gear and do some exercise before lunch,I've got that Sunday feeling! Enjoy your walk and I hope you get all the chores done that you want to do.Hope you enjoy your dinner as well :0)

Back