Ellie G's 100lb Drop

Quite a few folk in work commented on my face being thinner today :D

That's all, too tired to type any more, bedtime methinks :zz:

Yayyyyy!!! Bet that felt good :D Sleep tight Ellie x

1 meal

Well last night I ate a meal. I planned it in advance. The main reason for it was that seeing as I'm putting off add a meal week to start on my 7th week on exante, I figured it could be a good idea to have 1 meal during my 4th week when I'm supposed to be adding a meal anyway. Also I've noticed a lot of my eyelashes falling out, of all things, and have been getting a bit worried that the hair on my head might follow if I didn't eat some protein soon.

So, last night I did just that. I had a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a chicken. prawn, mushroom and vegetable stirfry for dinner. It was really nice and broccoli tasted like the most amazing thing ever lol. I imagined my appetite would have decreased so much that I wouldn't be able to eat all of it but that wasn't the case. I felt in control of what I was eating and knew it to be healthy. I made it from the list of ketogenic friendly foods. I have no idea how many calories were in it and I didn't have my 3rd shake either so it wasn't a proper simple solution or working solution day. I'm not too bothered about that really as I'm back on TS 100% today. It was nice to cook and eat a meal with my boyfriend again :)

So far it was a positive experience. My main concern about eating again was that it would make it ok to have meals more often than I should have whilst on exante. Right now I don't feel that will be a problem but we'll see how the next week goes. It will also be interesting to see how it affects the weight loss on my Wednesday weigh in.

I did my measurements today and have another inch off my tummy which is good :) This week I have reclaimed 1 top, 2 pairs of work trousers and 1 pair of jeans from the cupboard of clothes that got too small!!! I have another 2 pairs of work trousers that fasten up and are fine on the legs but another inch off my tummy would make them more comfortable to wear all day so hopefully they'll fit in a week or two.

My added meal on Friday appears to have had no effect upon appetite or caused any desire to eat more or anything. Today and yesterday I've been back on 100% and I stayed in ketosis which is good too. My proper add a meal week will start on the 21st of September and I was a bit worried that eating might ruin things. I now know it's just a case of planning and staying in control and I think it will be fine.

It's my TOTM at the moment so I'm a bit worried the scales won't be too favourable on Wednesday but I suppose I'll see how it goes. I really want to get under the 16 stone mark and into the 15s soon and it would be amazing if that happened on my 4th weigh in.

I was disappointed to read on here that Asda have discontinued the Measure Up bars. I've got 8 of them left which means I'll have to find an alternative soon. I haven't tried the Tesco ones but I think a trip to Tesco will be on the cards this week to try them out.

Yuk

I have a night class on a Tuesday night so I have my shake around 9.30pm instead of 8.15pm. I was incredibly hungry for it tonight and had been thinking "mmm chocolate shake when I get in" cos it's my favourite. Well, it was my favourite but now I'm realising I must have had the faulty 'too sweet' batch because they are definitely not sweet and they smell like damp. I did add sweetener once it was in the glass but it didn't mix so well. Major disappointment there :( Will try another one tomorrow with lots of sweetener added when I'm blending it and see how it goes.

Lumpy tongue?

Hmm, well I'm assuming this is a side effect of being on exante; I have enlarged circumvallate papillae or more commonly known to us all as enlarged tastebuds at the back of my tongue. It's awfully annoying!

It started over a week ago when I felt like I had some dust stuck at the back of my throat. It then moved on to feeling like I had a small hair stuck in my throat. No matter how much I looked in the mirror or brushed my tongue with the toothbrush, it wasn't going away. I suppose I've never had much of a reason to look closely at the back of my tongue but we've got a row of big tastebuds back there and noticing these for the first time I was beginning to have mouth cancer scenarios running through my head but I decided to look it up before I went running to the doctor.

So it looks and feels like swollen circumvallate papillae and it constantly feels like something is stuck at the back of my mouth/throat. Not too nice to say the least. It looks like there aren't many cures around other than gargling salt water and hoping it goes away so I will give that a go. I hope it works as it's rather annoying and uncomfortable. :(

Weigh In Week 4

Well today I weighed in and have lost 2lbs. Not what I'd hoped for but it is my time of the month and that makes it 21lbs total in 4 weeks which is wonderful. Especially considering the fact it took 5 weeks to lose 9lbs on Weight Watchers so I'm happy. The goal for next week is to lose more than 2lbs and get under the 16 stone mark :)

Ellie_G said:
Hmm, well I'm assuming this is a side effect of being on exante; I have enlarged circumvallate papillae or more commonly known to us all as enlarged tastebuds at the back of my tongue. It's awfully annoying!

It started over a week ago when I felt like I had some dust stuck at the back of my throat. It then moved on to feeling like I had a small hair stuck in my throat. No matter how much I looked in the mirror or brushed my tongue with the toothbrush, it wasn't going away. I suppose I've never had much of a reason to look closely at the back of my tongue but we've got a row of big tastebuds back there and noticing these for the first time I was beginning to have mouth cancer scenarios running through my head but I decided to look it up before I went running to the doctor.

So it looks and feels like swollen circumvallate papillae and it constantly feels like something is stuck at the back of my mouth/throat. Not too nice to say the least. It looks like there aren't many cures around other than gargling salt water and hoping it goes away so I will give that a go. I hope it works as it's rather annoying and uncomfortable. :(

This happened to me Hun I was thinking I'd had crumbs or bits stuck there but it seems to have settled now I also get a furry Tongue a good brush and a Tongue scraper sorts that out though xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Well done on weigh in too Hun xxx

Food and booze coming up soon...

Two weeks from today it will be my birthday and the day after that I will be in London then come home on the Monday. The following Thursday is a work pay day after work drink thing. With all of this in mind I have decided that my add a meal week will start on my birthday and the last day will be the following Thursday.

I'm in 2 minds about how to approach it. My initial plan was to have a birthday meal with a small slice of birthday cake and the rest of the week would be a normal AAM week with up to 600 cal meals.

Since then, I've read a lot about carbs and what they do to the body and it's really putting me off eating anything that isn't ketosis friendly. So after that I decided I would just have the birthday meal and never mind having the cake.

Then today I get asked to this after work drinks thing and I'd really like to go. I'm not long in the job and I would like the opportunity to get to know more of the girls in work. I realise I could go and not drink alcohol but I was at a mini work do a few weeks ago where I only stayed for an hour and I know it didn't come across as terribly sociable only drinking fizzy water. I know people say you shouldn't need a drink to have a good time and I don't, I rarely drink at the best of times but I think it's more to do with the fact that the main purpose of the whole event is to drink alcohol. Plus, I'm quite a quiet person and alcohol definitely helps to make me more talkative. So I'm thinking about ending my add a meal week with 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks and possibly a pub meal too. This means I'd have to come out of ketosis.

Is it worth it? Am I over thinking it?

Should I just have the birthday meal with a small bit of cake, do AAM as best as I can in London then Mon - Wed do WS then have a meal and an alcoholic drink on Thu? If I could do this without gaining too much weight then I would. It would just be pretty horrifying to step on the scale the following Wednesday to find I'd gained half a stone or something. A one or two pound gain or staying the same for a week would be ok but any more makes it not worth it. Maybe I could just avoid the birthday cake and keep the added meals as low carb as possible then on the Thursday just come out of ketosis (if I'm still in it) to have a drink. Gah, what I dilemma to have! lol

I'm just getting my thoughts out in the open here but if anyone wants to tell me what they would do then please let me know :)

Ellie_G said:
Two weeks from today it will be my birthday and the day after that I will be in London then come home on the Monday. The following Thursday is a work pay day after work drink thing. With all of this in mind I have decided that my add a meal week will start on my birthday and the last day will be the following Thursday.

I'm in 2 minds about how to approach it. My initial plan was to have a birthday meal with a small slice of birthday cake and the rest of the week would be a normal AAM week with up to 600 cal meals.

Since then, I've read a lot about carbs and what they do to the body and it's really putting me off eating anything that isn't ketosis friendly. So after that I decided I would just have the birthday meal and never mind having the cake.

Then today I get asked to this after work drinks thing and I'd really like to go. I'm not long in the job and I would like the opportunity to get to know more of the girls in work. I realise I could go and not drink alcohol but I was at a mini work do a few weeks ago where I only stayed for an hour and I know it didn't come across as terribly sociable only drinking fizzy water. I know people say you shouldn't need a drink to have a good time and I don't, I rarely drink at the best of times but I think it's more to do with the fact that the main purpose of the whole event is to drink alcohol. Plus, I'm quite a quiet person and alcohol definitely helps to make me more talkative. So I'm thinking about ending my add a meal week with 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks and possibly a pub meal too. This means I'd have to come out of ketosis.

Is it worth it? Am I over thinking it?

Should I just have the birthday meal with a small bit of cake, do AAM as best as I can in London then Mon - Wed do WS then have a meal and an alcoholic drink on Thu? If I could do this without gaining too much weight then I would. It would just be pretty horrifying to step on the scale the following Wednesday to find I'd gained half a stone or something. A one or two pound gain or staying the same for a week would be ok but any more makes it not worth it. Maybe I could just avoid the birthday cake and keep the added meals as low carb as possible then on the Thursday just come out of ketosis (if I'm still in it) to have a drink. Gah, what I dilemma to have! lol

I'm just getting my thoughts out in the open here but if anyone wants to tell me what they would do then please let me know :)

Hey Ellie
Only you can decide hun but make sure you come out of ketosis if you are going to drink
If you have the day off you might be ok you may STS or you may gain loads I have had all three happen to me, people have put on 9-10lbs after only having a hour or so off so it's very hard to guess
Hope whatever you choose goes well for you x

Gurgly Tummy

I'm onto my 2nd lot of Exante now. My first box contained the 'faulty' chocolate shakes which I thought were lovely and they quickly became my favourite shake.

This 2nd box, the chocolate smells like mould and tastes pretty foul. Anyway, this batch of chocolate shake has my tummy all gurgly and has me making fast dashes to the loo! I'm not sure if it should be like this. When I started exante I had similar happen on the first 2 days of it and then it went away. After that everything has been fine and it's just the chocolate doing it to me so I'm wondering if it's a different kind of faulty batch. I'll try one more in a day or two to see if I get the same result before thinking about contacting exante. I'll just have to make sure I don't have any chocolate flavour before going to work!

hi ellie i had to comment hun as i have only just got out of bed since last thursday, ive been so ill with sickness and upset stomach and like you im on my second box after they sent me the faulty ones, they sent me all chocolate and vanilla and it had to be those that made me ill because the only thing id eaten was a hard boiled egg and that was yesterday as my OH was worried sick about me, ive never been so ill in my life and now i can actually sit up im going to contact exante, just be careful with the shakes hun just incase, mine started with flu like symptoms, every part of my body hurt and then i was violently sick and just stayed in bed as i felt too weak, i dont feel 100% now and im scared stiff of eating, anyway just thought id let you know incase it was another bad batch of shakes xxxx

oh dear, that doesn't sound good LD4Me. I hope you are feeling better now, *hugs to you*. I emailed Exante last night so I think I'll avoid all of my chocolate shakes until I get a reply. Let me know if they get back to you too, if you can, I'd like to hear what they say xxx

Hi DQ yeah, I'm feeling better now thanks but it lasted all of Saturday, all of Sunday and through the early hours of Monday morning. Not fun at all!!! Exante emailed me back asking for the batch number of the shakes so I'll just wait and see what they say. I hope they replace them otherwise I'll be buying individual boxes of other flavours in the future.

Not quite slipping but the thoughts are sort of there

**Warning - Mentions food and cravings**

The past couple of days have been a wee bit....not so much harder but...different?....things have been tempting me in an indirect type of way if that makes sense.

I've had a couple of food dreams. One at the weekend I dreamt that the bf bought a chinese takeaway, he left the room, I grabbed a forkful, chewed and chewed then spat it in the bin. I woke up thinking "wow, that tasted so nice" :confused: Funnily enough, the craving didn't continue into my wakened state but it was still annoying to have a dream like that.

In my house, I try to avoid going into cupboards but I use the fridge to chill cans of Dr Pepper Zero and flavoured water. I was grabbing my Dr Pepper from the fridge this morning and found myself giving the coleslaw this long meaningful look whilst thinking "it would be so easy just to have a spoonful, surely that wouldn't be so bad" then looking away and going "what am I thinking?". Thing is, I don't even like coleslaw all that much!!!

I'm not even hungry at moments like this, I know it's all in the head and I suppose that's what makes it easier to walk away from it. It's not like it's overwhelming cravings, more mild temptations which are catching my eye for a few minutes longer than usual. I don't like it :(

I hope it passes. Either way, I'm not letting myself give up!

I think it's pretty normal Hun I do the same but now I make myself stop and think before I shove it in my gob lol keep goin Hun your doin so well xx

Ellie_G said:
Hi DQ yeah, I'm feeling better now thanks but it lasted all of Saturday, all of Sunday and through the early hours of Monday morning. Not fun at all!!! Exante emailed me back asking for the batch number of the shakes so I'll just wait and see what they say. I hope they replace them otherwise I'll be buying individual boxes of other flavours in the future.

Let us know what they say :)

Back