Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

Thank you Maverick. Heres to a fab 100% SW week :D

I have been on plan the last couple of days, but have just been a bit lazy with the whole food diary thing.

I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps at the moment. Fed up with slow weight loss already and I'm only 3 weeks in. First off was disappointed I didn't lose more than 1.5lbs in my first week. But then I convinced myself, no its ok, that probably means I will lose a bit more in my second week. But then only lost 0.5lbs which I was gutted about. But I didn't let it get to me and have been thinking that I will be in for a great loss this week. Then I get on the scales this morning and there is no change! I'm gutted, and totally demoralised now. I don't understand what more I can do to lose this weight. Even when I have 100% weeks it just doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm so desperate to lose weight and its just not happening. I couldn't drink any more water than I do or I would probably drown!, I'm eating plenty of fruit and veg, I'm exercising more. Cant even remember the last time I had chocolate or sweets or anything. I'm soo soo fed up and really don't want to go to weigh in tonight because just whats the point! Wish I hadn't paid for a 12 week countdown now :( :( :( :cry:

Hey you haven't been to weigh in yet, right? You never know, there may be a big loss!!! Good luck!

Thanks hun, we will see. I'm not expecting anything though, especially after what the scales said this morning.

lol, my scales said I weigh 10 stone this morning, mind you they said that last week and the consultant's said 10'6... So I'm taking it with a massive pinch of salt!! Good luck xx

Well I gained 1.5 pounds last week, I wish it's a sts. Have you considered showing your food diary to your consultant and asked her what you could try to speed up weight loss? You are paying a fiver each week, may as well have a good chat with her and see what she says. Good luck. You never know the sw scale may say something different !

Its a STS folks. :(

Aww, don't get too disheartened, you know it could have been worse xx

Oh... Big hugs.

Actually quite a few of us had a disappointing week, myself included, but please don't give up. If you give up now you are only more likely to gain more weight. Let's eat healthily and move around more to lose more next week. We can do this!

Thank you guys. I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm so so determined not to give in right now because I'm so fed up being the size I am. Its just extremely frustrating that the plan doesn't seem to be working so well for me.

This week I'm going to try and eat a bit more, little and often kind of thing. Went to Asda last night after class and bought some low syn Weight Watchers meals and I'm going to start having them for lunch instead of soup. So hopefully they will keep my fuller for longer in the afternoon, and they are pretty much the same syn value as some of my soups. So we will see how that goes.

Was going to up my exercise this week too, but I haven't got off to a great start today because its been quite hectic at work this week and I'm exhausted tonight. Will try and get some done in the morning though and then will have lots of time over the weekend hopefully.

Thurs 27th Jan

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
L - Chicken and orzo soup (6.5 syns). 3 crackerbread (1/2 HeB)
S -3x crackerbread (1/2HeB) with 1 tin WW tuna (2 syns)
D - WW lasagne (6 syns)
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 3 x Water
Exercise - None
Total Syns = 14.5 syns

Too tired to do any exercise and too tired to cook dinner tonight. Lazy I know, but we just had a WW lasagne ready meal instead. Better than the takeaway pizza hubby suggested!

Last edited:
I was going to up my exercise too but really am too tired after work. At least you're following plan and limiting your syn to under 15 which is really good. Ive stopped syn counting due to laziness, I'm just "being sensible" with what I put into mouth, and I'm dining out too much... Argh. Sorry for moaning! We can do this we can do this!!!!

lol PMA is all it takes!! x

Hey, don't worry about moaning hun, all I seem to do is moan! lol. I know we are going slow and steady, but I just wish the lbs would drop off a bit bloomin quicker!! I literally don't do anything social at the moment because I just don't trust myself to be strict enough with what I eat. A good example of this was last weekend when I pigged out on ice cream following my friend coming over for dinner, lol.

We can TOTALLY do this, and we are doing it! Woooo!! :woohoo:

Sat 29th Jan

Red day
L - WW chicken in tomato sauce with wedges (7 syns)
S -
D -
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 2 x Water
Total Syns = syns

Last edited:
Grrr, bloomin computer is broken!!!! Its just one thing after another right now. Its currently in PC world being looked and that is like £70 just to find out what is wrong with the damn thing!

Anyways, thats why there is a lack of food diary for yesterday. I was completely on plan though, just cant remember everything I ate to write it on here.

too bad your computer broke down. is it still within warranty? the good thing is you're on plan, well done :)

Got the computer back yesterday and its still not fixed even though they said it was! Great! Might just have to do without a computer at home for a while as I certainly cant afford a new one at the moment. Got the car booked in the garage on the 11th so that is going to be costly. Oh well. Hopefully February will fly by nice and quick. In fact I would quite like the whole of 2011 to fly by quickly!

Mon 31st Jan

Red day
L - WW cottage pie (8.5 syns)
S - 2 slices chicken
D - Roast chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 4 x Water
Exercise - 30mins dog walk
Total Syns = 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Tues 1st Feb!!

Red day
L - WW salmon and broccoli melt (4.5 syns)
S - 3 slices chicken, 6x crackerbread (HeB), 1 tin WW tuna (1.5 syns)
D - Salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, babycorn.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 4 x Water
Exercise -
Total Syns = 6 syns

Cant believe its February already! Its crazy. Come on 2011, whizz by please, and let me be at target by the end of it, lol.

Dun dun duuuuun, weigh day tomorrow. Feeling bloated and fat still so not expecting anything to be honest and my work trousers are still uncomfortably tight. Surely I will lose SOMETHING following my STS last week. SURELY!! I may actually just starve myself forever if I don't, lol. We shall see.....

P.S. Really enjoying my Weight watchers meals for my lunches. They are yummy and keep me from feeling hungry for most of the afternoon! Unlike soup where I feel hungry after about 1 hour! :)

Back