Emma's 'New Me' Diary

The costumes sound brilliant.

Can you claim on your household insurance for your iPod? Blame the kids if necessary and say your mobile phone was in the pocket too! Worth a try......

I can't advise on the divorce thing having never been married....but chin up and sod the ba8tard....

Can advise on the running though, back in the '80's I started some fun run thing and couldn't run for 2 minutes, six months later I could run for 2 1/2 hours and did a couple of half-marathons.....it's seriously addictive and I'm so sad that I can never run again....it's like this diet, get over the beginning and you'll be great. How brill that the bf is running too! X

Unfortunately I don't have any insurance, didn't think i'd need it as i'm renting! Hoping it may be ok when it dries out!:(

Went to visit a friend today who always cheers me up and offers good advice so feeling a little better about the ex.

I keep hearing stories about people learning to run, hopefully I will get better in time. Think it will be a great achievement to do a fun run. Sorry you are not able to run anymore, must be very frustrating for you. xx

Week 17

Lost another 4lbs this week! Very happy, chemist commented on how skinny I am looking and was wondering when i'll be stopping! Gonna carry on this week and have weigh in friday, then refeed week after for my Halloween Party on the sat.
Hit another target - 30% of original body weight gone!!
So that makes me 11st 1lb now, hopefully be in the 10stones next week.
Went to court yesterday regarding my divorce, but my ex had not filled out the correct paperwork or had any of the financial documents with him. He has no solicitor representing him and the judge took a very dim view of this and he was made to look like an idiot! HA! On the downside I now have to wait till December to do it all again when it could have easily been finalised yesterday! So I guess I won't be divorced now till the new year :( arrggghhh! I wore a new pair of smart trousers in a size 12 and a slim fitting shirt, bf said I looked very slim (hope the ex noticed - lol).
Going for my run again this morning, it is still a challenge for me and I am getting out of breath by the end. Hopefully my fitness will improve as I continue. Maybe it'll be better when i'm eating properly.
Can't believe i'm so close to the end of LT, then starts the hard work of maintenance.

WHOOP WHOOP Emma :D :D :D

You have done an absolutely tremendous job!! You really are a role model for us mere mortals!! lol

All your hard work has paid off, and i hope you are really happy x x

It's a shame the divorce is still hanging over you, but you will get there in the end hun x x x

emma u have done so well in your weight loss.
u are an inspiration to me.
well done :happy096:
xx

Well dun Emma, its gonna be a great 2011 for you. not only have u lost so so much weight but u have also lost the biggest person who held u bk...i agree with everyone in here u are a fab role model and well i no u will be successful with your maintainence. :talk017:

lydiaxx

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. I am so pleased with the results so far. Getting a little worried about eating again to be honest, but im just taking it a day at a time.

Well dun Emma, its gonna be a great 2011 for you. not only have u lost so so much weight but u have also lost the biggest person who held u bk...i agree with everyone in here u are a fab role model and well i no u will be successful with your maintainence. :talk017:

lydiaxx

So true Lydia and he is by far the best loss! lol Although I have gained a 13st hunk too ;)
Emma x

BMI

OMG! Jus realised that my BMI is 25!!!!!!I'm no longer considered overweight! woo hoo! Not been in the healthy weight range for a very very long time!

:sign0151::bliss::bliss::wow::winner:

Oh, I'm sure your ex will have noticed :) Grrrr to having to wait until Dec though for the divorce. Maybe will end up being a nice Christmas pressie for you though :)

Yipee to the fab weight loss, and no longer being even overweight. You've done it! Amazing :) Can appreciate you feeling scared about returning to conventional food, but I think you'll do just fine and have every confidence in you ;)

Well done Emma :)

xx

You are amazing. What an inspiration to keep going. You will build up your tolerance to exercise. Real food may give you more energy. Well done hun. x

Lost another 4lbs this week! Very happy, chemist commented on how skinny I am looking and was wondering when i'll be stopping! Gonna carry on this week and have weigh in friday, then refeed week after for my Halloween Party on the sat.
Hit another target - 30% of original body weight gone!!
So that makes me 11st 1lb now, hopefully be in the 10stones next week.
Went to court yesterday regarding my divorce, but my ex had not filled out the correct paperwork or had any of the financial documents with him. He has no solicitor representing him and the judge took a very dim view of this and he was made to look like an idiot! HA! On the downside I now have to wait till December to do it all again when it could have easily been finalised yesterday! So I guess I won't be divorced now till the new year :( arrggghhh! I wore a new pair of smart trousers in a size 12 and a slim fitting shirt, bf said I looked very slim (hope the ex noticed - lol).
Going for my run again this morning, it is still a challenge for me and I am getting out of breath by the end. Hopefully my fitness will improve as I continue. Maybe it'll be better when i'm eating properly.
Can't believe i'm so close to the end of LT, then starts the hard work of maintenance.

Just caught up with your diary Emma, fantastic news on losing another 4lbs, not so fantastic that the ex is a 8ickhead and consequently you're going to have to wait a few more weeks:(

Final TFR Day

Well this is my final day on TFR!!! I'm well and truly ready to eat again.
I was really naughty today and had a tea with milk in!!! I weighed myself this morning and it looks like i've only lost 1lb this week, will have to wait and see what chemists scales say tomorrow. Could possibly be muscle i'm putting on.
Will post tomorrow with total weight loss so far and all measurements.
:happy036:

well done emma, you have done so so so well, and be proud of yourself hun, you deserve to be very very proud of your achievements.
enjoy your :eat::eat:
:D:D:D

Week 18 Start Refeed

Lost 3lbs this week, was so hoping for 4 as i'm now 1lb away from a total loss of 5 stone. Hopefully I should get it next friday. My start weight was 15st 12 and now my weight is 10st 13, i'm in the 10's yay another mini goal completed! Total loss of 70lbs which is 31 bags of sugar!

I've just measured myself and here are my statistics:-

Start Today Total Loss
Bust 45" 37.5" 7.5"
Waist 42.5" 32" 10.5"
Hips 49" 39.5" 9.5"
Thigh 29" 22.5" 6.5"
Arm 15" 12.5" 2.5"
Calf 18" 16" 2"

Its crazy when you look at the figures on paper!

I have decided to refeed this week as i'm off to a Halloween Party next Sat, however i'm unsure as to whether i'll carry on with a healthy diet after next friday or i'll return to TFR. I still feel I have another stone to lose when I look at the figures on the scales, but I am feeling pretty good about how I look and feel in clothes so far. I've also started learning to run and think I could probably lose the rest through exercise and think my running will improve if I am eating and therefore my body has the fuel to run off. So today i'm planning on:-

B - LT
L - LT
D - 4-6oz Chicken Breast with Salad and Balsamic Vinegar.

I've had a cup of tea with milk in and it tastes so good!! I put sweetner in and I previousely used to take it with a spoon of sugar, but it tastes good so i'm going to stay away from the sugar from now on.

I just want to say that without minimins and the great people on here it would have been so hard to achieve such great results. You guys have kept me going and kept the motivation up. I will continue to post how i'm doing each week as I don't want to let this good feeling slip :)

Thanks Minimins Friends :thankyou::grouphugg::party0023:

Last edited:
wow, thats brilliant hun. well done.
i started with nearly same weight as you, i was 15st 13 lbs.
hope i can lose like you have done, you are truly an inspiration to me.
Good luck.
xxx

Stay positive Emma.. I have NO doubt at all that you can achieve whatever you want to.... I have loved reading your posts and your diary.. You have encouraged and supported me from the beginning, so THANK YOU!! x x x

My god, you're half the woman you were! I'm sure that I speak for all of us when I say how thrilled we are for you Emma, you are truly inspirational!

Either way, eating or back on tfr I'm sure that you will soon get to goal but I agree with you in that I think that you'll find running a lot easier with regular food and the exercise will soon burn off the calories and tone up any leftover squidgy bits.

Keep in touch and don't forget to post piccies of your Halloween costume xx

Back