Em's diary

tell me about it - i just can't wait to get back to my own kitchen and bed, even if the stairs are a building site!!!

hope you get your normality back soon too scrumper! :)

was hoping then our aussie friends said they are arriving next week for a week lol !!!

Right, I have neglected my diary of late so will make amends today. Last couple of days have been good pp days, if perhaps a little heavy on the dairy. Made a yogurt cake on thursday and ended up feeling a bit 'meh' so actually did end up eating the whole thing, but that won't become a regular thing i hope!

starting to think about going back to work in a couple of days now, so will be getting my bake on later to stock up on lots of lunch friendly stuff for the freezer, at least it's a short week to go back to!

more diy today, which i'm taking as my exercise at the moment, up and down stairs and stepladders, heaving boards around should do it! Now, back to posting menus, sorry for the few days of silence!

B: 300g luc lac turkey, half cinnamon galette
L: bowl roast butternut squash soup with added shredded chicken
S: rest of galette
D: 280 dry fried chicken strips, celeriac chips, green beans and broccoli with mum's bbq sauce, vanilla cheesecake to follow later

Late start today, so no breakfast - going to be very hard getting up on tuesday i think! Had more of a cleaning day today as the house was beginning to look a bit of a disaster, but back to diy tomorrow, though will try and keep the mess contained!

L: cinnamon galette
D: 250g chicken strips dry fried, celeriac chips, broccoli & green beans with bbq sauce, 1/4 yogurt cake
S: bowl sweetened greek yogurt

Mm I must try Mum's BBQ sauce

I made a new batch yesterday mouse with a little cayenne and paprika, was lovely, and so easy!

Last edited:
D: 280 dry fried chicken strips, celeriac chips, green beans and broccoli with mum's bbq sauce, vanilla cheesecake to follow later

I usually complain that you don't eat enough, but those chicken strips would have beaten even me (did you count them out individually?)

;)

oooh tell me about Mum's BBQ sauce!

Welcome back Jo! :D You've been missed on here

Chicken was half a pack of breasts chopped up, and bbq sauce recipe is in the recipe thread

Ah, just noticed my mistake - 280g of course!

Thank you! I'm not up to checking out new people just yet, so am keeping out of the other half of the forum! Have you checked out the photos yet? I created an album in "Maintainer Photo Albums" :)

on my way to have a look now.

also in the news - my dad turned up today for a little more diy bearing my birthday present (2 months early) which was a kindle!! all in lieu of my holiday in 1 month i think, but so exciting :D

ooooh Emma, that IS exciting! I'm still very much a novice, but I have managed to download a few books and am indeed currently halfway through "Memoirs of a Geisha" (never got round to reading that in paer form).

I just received a £20 voucher for my Kindle from a friend, so will be avidly perusing. Shame we can't share titles!

you can 'loan' your books to friends for a 2 week period, during which time the book is unavailable on your own kindle...

am 2/3 way through a really chunky penny vincenzi at the moment, so will be browsing only for the time being. have a month to stock up on holiday reads at least...

Ha ha - sorry - wrote this on the wrong thread. Was reading someone's diary and they said they had eaten Quorn sausages - will find the right the right thread and post there. lol

cheers dd, i certainly will. am almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, and have a break from the diy - my hands are totally ravaged! Am certainly not looking forward to getting up early though, it's going to be a struggle i reckon...

B: cinnamon galette
L: quarter chicken quiche
D: 300g turkey luc lac, 200g king prawns, 1/4 yogurt cake
S: bowl sweetened greek yogurt

Back