End of day 4 of my restart and still going strong HOORAY

It's so sad that she has to try and bring you down because SHE has issues :(

I hope you can keep that in mind if anymore comments are forthcoming. They reflect HER weeknesses and don't relate to you at all ;)

Keep going, you are doing so well :D

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and I think that you may all be right, my cousin who knows my friend came over today and I was telling her about the comments she had made she said that she was probably feeling a bit of pressure because if I continue losing the weight (which I definitely intend to do) I will no longer be her fat friend and that person that makes her look smaller. It really summed it up for me.

Well it is the end of day 79 I cannot believe that I have managed to stick to this diet for so long and I think the reasons are that the results are quick and the support is amazing also the stories and pictures are so inspiring I really think it helps to know that other people have been on this journey and succeeded. I have had a really good day today had a lot of company and every one is really shocked and full of praise at how different I look it has given me a real boost I know that I still have a very long way to go but I feel really sure that I am going to be one of the many people who have succeeded at this battle with the bulge. And one thing is for sure I am never going to return to being the person that started this journey.

Hoping for another good day tomorrow and thanks again for all the support.
Love Jacquie

Hello everyone,

I haven't been around for a while as I have been on my holiday hope you are all keeping well gonna try and catch up on all the threads. I had a fab holiday and although I was a little naughty on a few days I think that I did really well and the fact that I managed to lose 7lb was a real bonus got weighed again today and have lost another 3lb. So altogether thats 4 stone so far I know that I still have a long way to go but I am feeling just as positive as I was when I first started this journey. I have had lots of compliments from other Mums at the school which is a real boost and I ham going to a family party on Saturday and as most of them haven't seen me since before I started this diet maybe I will get a few more it sure does make you feel good when people start to notice. I was going to buy something new to wear but then I figured I could make do after all it's only one day. All the children are back at school:( I like them all being at home my second eldest brought her booklet home today for me and my husband to choose her secondary school, sure makes you feel old especially as the eldest will be leaving school next year just where does the time go. I am going to see my GP at the end of the month and hopefully he is going to put me on the fit for life programme which means I will be able to attend a gym I am getting really excited about it and hopefully it will help me tone up some of the sag LOL. Well that's enough waffle from me for now I am gonna go and have a read of some of the threads now so leave us message please it's great to here from you all.

Bye for now

Hello everyone hope you are all keeping well,

Well I am having a really hard time this week really struggling to stay focused my thoughts seem to be continuely about food think its because I keep telling myself that I have the same to do again and think that it's a bit to much pressure so as of right now I am just going to aim to get in the 13's and see were I go from there.

The family party went well but felt a little disappointed with myself as although the compliments were there people kept saying you look great how much more have you got to lose which felt like a bit of a backhanded compliment and made me feel a bit like what the hell must I have looked like before then. And I wish I had lost more by now.

I wish my GP appointment was sooner rather than later as I think that going to the gym will give me more motivation to get the rest of this weight off.

I was thinking of going back to work (as we need the money) but for some reason I am really struggling with my confidence I think I used my weight as an excuse before but now that problem is disappearing not sure how I am going to get round this one.

Well thats my moan over sorry

I love this site really helps me to get things of my chest even if they sound really pathetic LOL

Love Jacquie
XXX

Day 120,

Had a slip up today nothing to major but nether the less not good either straight back on it was really hoping to get into the 13's this week what a thought 13's how fab is that going to feel.

Had a really interesting shopping trip on Saturday had to go and buy myself something new to wear as it is my mother-in-laws surprise 60th birthday next Saturday I was completely amazed I actually brought a top in a size wait for it 16 I was absolutely over the moon. Sadly the elation didn't last long because I tried a skirt on in a size 18 and although it fitted when I looked in the mirror my stomach looked absolutely grotesque my Mum was trying desperately to cheer me up but I felt really gutted that despite losing so much weight I could look that bad. I was telling my friend and she reckons i should start doing sit-ups have decided that she is probrably right and I am going to start doing my callenetics again. I knew that this journey was going to have it's hurdles I just didn't realise that some were this high LOL

I hope everyone else is keeping well.

Bye for now
Love Jacquie

Hey Jacquie

Talk about coincidence, it's my MIL's 60th birthday party next Saturday :eek: Fortunately, it coincides with my AAMW so I can eat on plan - phew! :D

And I remember callanetics - they worked amazingly well, but I was too lazy to keep them up. Let me know if you get into it again.

Don't worry about the clothes - sometimes when we are in the middle of losing weight all we see is what we haven't achieved, rather than what we have.

Chin up babes xx

Hun - sizes of clothes vary enormously, even within the same shop - the cut of one design can be really flattering while another can make you feel awful, so don't worry about it. You're in a size 16 and that's fantastic!!!!!!!!

I can be a size 10, 12 or 14, depending on what brand the clothes are - it's mad, hey?

Hi Jacquie,

You ARE looking fantastic. As Isobel says sizes vary so much its just finding what suits you.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday. I am all along as Amy is flying to Cyprus today:(

I am really nervous we have not been apart for years and she has never been away without me.

I will be fine once she has arrived at the other end.

Linda

Thanks to everyone for the great notes of encouragement.

Sadly it is day 129 and I seem to be setting myself up for failure?????? My stomach is beginning to really bother me and I am beginning to get really depressed :( about it everyone keeps telling me how great I am looking my Mum thinks that I should get things in prospective and that I should remind myself that I have had 4 children hence the stomach I think the problem is I really do need to start some serious exercise but I just can't seem to get motivated. My other halfs suggestion is don't worry I will save up and get you a tummy tuck I know he means well but it just makes me feel worse about it. I am seeing my GP on Friday and hopefully he will be putting me on the fit for life programme I beleive it is to do with going to the gym I just wish it was sooner rather than later I have come so far and really do not want to give in. Weight loss last week was a little disappointing only 1/2 lb but then I did have a roast dinner and I was quite slack on my water consumption I have really tried to get that back up this week and so far I am succeeding fingers crossed that the scales are going to put me in the 13s :D I really do need a good boost this weigh in.

Thanks for reading and please leave me a message even if its to say stop moaning LOL

Love Jacquie

Hi Jacquie,

'only' half a lb when you'd had a roast is a major achievement and shows how good you were the rest of the week! :D
To help your tummy, if you start doing 'crunches' at home.. it really is one of the main core exercises you can do. If you get back ache, then perhaps getting an exercise ball to lie on, but really all you need is the floor and 5 mins. ;) Just take the tension and raise slightly using your tummy and the muscles will really improve.

Pilates is also a great core exercise class you could look out for.

I hope the Dr gives you the referral you are after for the gym, but I know i'd struggle time wise.

There are alternatives - so don't give up! ((hugs))

I'm trying to think that if i look good in jeans etc, then that is what matters! I've been vastly overweight for a long time, and my hubby has loved me through that... so a bit of floppy skin shouldn't stop him now! ;)

Keep up the great work! Let us know how you get on. ((hugs))

Morning Jacquie.
'ONLY'1/2lb why the 'ONLY'/12lb of is better then 1/2lb on and you are doing well Half way there.
As PH has said 5mins doing crunches does help,[think o may be past help though] All i see when i look in the mirror is this big tum,have a thing about it but decided I know it is big know i will be left with a saggy tum but it will be smaller.Remember the rest of your body is shrinking as well so timmy looks bigger but its not mesure the tum area it is smaller.I do understand how you feel babe,
Sending {{{HUGS}}}

I agree with PH, a bit of floppy skin is not the end of the world and you must be looking sooooooo much better than you did so celebrate that. You have worked so hard and had such fanatstic results now is not the time to lose heart.

And another thing, my husband once said he would be fine with me having a tummy tuck, that we would find the money. But on further questioning he admitted that he would have said anything to cheer me up and that he could not care less about my podgy tum. In fact he admitted that the thought of me having unnecessary surgery really worried him sick. I think your hubby just wanted to cheer you up and it is a case of him loving you whatever! Love

Hi Jacquie

Really sorry to hear you are feeling down girl. It is hard to remember how well we have done losing so much weight cos we are probably so used to not sticking with whatever diet we are on and not getting anywhere BUT you have to remember that you have done fabulous and i'm sure you look brill (mammys don't lie lol)!!!

please chin up girl, i went through what you are going through to some extent but i just had to have a little chat with myself and start looking at the positives rather than the negatives

hope ur day is a bit better honey

bigs hugs to ya

love

Gen xxx

Thank you all so much for the great replies I feel so much better now.

Well it is day 131 and I was really chuffed as I have lost another 3 1/2 lb I am so close to those 13's. Its add a meal this week looking forward to that but definately going to stear clear of the chicken as even the thought of it makes me feel a little nauseous so I am going to have fish instead.

Linda was talking to me today about becomming a CDC and I have to say I am really quite excited about it I would love to be able to help and encourage people on their own personal journeys.

I have had quite a few people at the school comment about my weight loss even a couple of the teachers have mentioned it.

I know I keep going on about it but I am so excited it is the big day tomorrow I am going to see the doctor

Thanks again for all the encouraging words

Love Jacquie

Hi Jacquie

delighted you are feeling a lot better and well done on your weight loss!!!

good luck with the doctors tomorrow and why not be excited its a whole new life at your fingertips girl!!! let us know how you get on

Gen xx

Hi Jacquie,

Linda is right you would make a good CDC has you have done so well and you have had your ups and downs and at the end of the day you would be able to empathize with your clients and be able to guide them through as you have been there...walked the walk.

Your husband sounds like a lovely man and you are lucky to have him supporting you along the way.

The exercise will help the muscles and this will allow your skin to drape better over your body.

The tummy area is a big one for most women and I would just give it time before deciding on what you want to do and it may not be too bad when you get to goal.

In the meantime I believe that the magic knickers do wonders...

Congrats' on the good weight loss, the weight is falling off you!

Love Mini xxx

Jacquie looked amazing today you could really see the difference. I am sure GP will be over the moon with the results she has achieved.

As you rightly say Mini, as Jacquie has experience ups and downs during the past few months this is great experience for becoming a CDC. You can totally empathise with your clients and say yep that happened to me as well but I carried on and look at me now.

Good luck with GP tomorrow let me know what he says.

Linda

Hello everyone,

Well I had the big Dr appointment today and he was full of praise for me losing the weight and has signed me up for the fit for life programme I am going to get a personnal trainer whoo and the best bit is its only going to cost six pounds to join and one pound seventy a session whahoo I can't wait to get started. BRING IT ON.

Going to really try to get into the 13's this week hope you are all doing well and I find the messages that people leave me such a god send especially if I am feeling down cheers.

Love Jacquie

Excellent Jacquie

Bet that has given you a good boost, good luck at the gym and let us know how you are doing!!

Back