Episode VII - A New Start!

Hi Emma, welcome to Minimins! How are you?

I've managed to make it through another day without cheating :) Off on a hot date tonight so wish me luck and willpower to avoid drinking and eating!

Is everyone ok?

Nikki, Mocha is right - even a small loss this week is better than none and next week you'll have a fantastic one! I do that all the time! Remember I'm here for you xxx

Mocha, what a fantastic shopping spree! I'm so jealous. I'm too skint to shop at the moment - need to save money to start WM. I bought loads of chocolate things when I lost weight last year. Seems like a good alternative to the usual black I always wore!

Welcome Emma, we can all drag each other along to get this done. I'm wanting to lose as much as possible by Christmas so I can look fab at my Xmas dos. I now have 2 so, that's a bonus! Most of my workmates only have 1 so that's very jammy for me! I was angling for a 3rd one but I think that's pushing my luck!!!

Have a fantastic night Chika. I'm so jealous. Here's me on the sofa - skint and alone :(. We need all the details tomorrow ok??? :D

I'm still doing ok. Bedtime soon - how sad is that on a Friday night! But my ears hurt and my head is all bunged up! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow :D

Hi Emma
I found day 3 the worst day. Gets better after that.

I'm supposed to be SSing but I have been nibbling on roast chicken and I have been putting a few mushrooms in my soups. I figure it might take me a bit longer to lose the weight but I'm more likely to stick to it. On a normal Friday night I would be stuffing down the curry and glugging the chardonnay so - hey - what's a few bits of dry chicken?

Would love to look great at xmas but I'm trying to see the long view. If I'm where I want to be by February, that would be fab. More than I could hope for.

I'm starting to look at clothes too. Haven't been much of a shopper since I had the kids. If all the weight comes off, I'll HAVE to have new clothes so it will be a necessity not a luxury!!! Te he.

K9
x

Hi K9

Thats my usual Friday night too! but i am on the sofa watching my family eating all sorts of lovely things! I keep thinking everything is my favorite food! I just want to be back in my normal size 16 clothes by xmas not my extremly tight 20's! I have bought myself two tracksuits and a pair or stretchy trousers to see me through as i refuse to buy anything else!

Keep going!!

Emma xx

Morning everyone how are we all today? Its really quite on this thread - I hope you are not all eating!

Nikki love are you ok? you may be disappointed this week but I bet your body is going to suprise you with a mega loss next week! Have you been to see Bev yet? I always feel toally re-inspired when I go. I'm gutted that I can't go for another week or so :(

Sarah how are you, hope you had a good night in. I hear you about the being skint bit - rubbish isn't it! The date was cool, not sure if he's my type but was fun enough. *whispers* and a fantastic kisser!

Mocha I love your new avatar :D Does anyone know where Hannah is and if she is enjoyin her new job?

Ohhh clothes my fave things in the world and my number one motivation for mutting myself through this! Has anyone bought anything nice? I like the sound of your brown Uggs Mocha - which shop did you get them from? Primark are doing them at the moment for £6!!! They may as well be giving them away so I bought four pairs in all the colours (and I wonder why I'm skint). But would love a brown pair!

Morning all,

Chika, glad you had a good date. It's actually harder to find a good kisser than you think isn't it! I love kissing but most men think it's ok to slobber!!! Maybe if he's not your type you can keep him as a kissing backup ;)

I'm doing ok so far today, but the snot is still mega annoying! Finding it hard to breathe! Scale hop this morning shows me staying the same :mad: but body fat % has dropped quite a bit :D must be retaining water!

I haven't seen Hannah for ages, she's probably running around like a headless chicken!

Morning all

Chika my ugg stylee boots were from Tesco, they were £10 so not quite as much of a bargain as Primark but still good! They had them in Choc brown and a sort of camel colour and Black. I might get black too :)

Sarah - I hope the snot disappears today! No fun having a stinking cold.

Weigh in today for me. I lost half a flipping pound, not happy. It serves me right because I pigged out big style last Saturday night and my scales showed half a stone gain by Monday morning. At least that has gone and half a pound more but I'm still annoyed with myself. This week I WILL get into the 11's. Currently 12st 1.75lbs. I have 22.75 to lost until my goal and I wanted to do it by Christmas. I have 6 weeks to go, so need to get 3.8lbs a week off, it aint going to happen is it really!

Morning people

Well, not unusually for me, I am sitting here on Saturday morning with a hangover, although thankfully not as bad as the last few weeks, probably due to me downing so much water when I got in that I barely got any sleep because I had to keep going to the loo!

I saw one of my old friends last night and he was so complimentary about how much weight I've lost - and I didn't even have to prompt him! It was lovely - gave me such a buzz!

I've got my fingers crossed for your weigh in Nikki, but even if it's not good this week, please don't give into the urge to eat. As Sarah and Mocha have said, you're bound to have a fantastic loss next week.

At least it was half a pound off Mocha, and not on! Plus you had a great weight loss last week - you may have to go and do some more shopping to help resist the food! Are you going out somewhere to show off your new clothes? You still have a good chance of getting to goal before Christmas, although those last few pounds can be stubborn.

I really need some new work trousers as my others are all too big, but I can't bring myself to spend too much on them as I hope to keep losing - off to Primark for me too!

K9 and Emma - welcome to the thread - I think that minimins is the only thing that keeps me sane on this diet.

I'm glad you had a fun date Chika - how is the SSing going? I hope you're sticking to it and get a great loss this week.

I know what you mean about being skint Sarah, and it's crap having a cold, but to look at it from another angle, if you had money and felt great, you'd probably be nursing a hangover right now!

I hope you all have a good weekend

A
x

Well I feel like crying!! :cry::cry::cry:

Stayed the same again!! :eek:

Not fair, just been to see Bev and got more supplies, trying not to give in to my CB!! Haven't had any packs yet and only had half a litre of water so far, so got to get going...

Thanks for your texts Sarah...x

Love

Keep going Nikki, I can't believe there is another diet that gets it off like this one. I haven't shifted anything since Wednesday but I'm trying to be good. I don't really miss anything until the evening. I'm dealing with that by going to bed early - I'm sooo tired by 9.30pm. Anyone else feel like that? I am up at 6.30 every morning though and buzzing.
I think this is my 50th post which means I can add some glitter text. Oh goodie!
K9
x

((((Hugs)))) to everyone who needs it.

My scales have stayed the same so far this week. Maybe it's something to do with the change in the weather.

Nikki, please don't give up. All your hard work will pay off. When you feel like cheating, just text me instead and I'll do all I can to help. You've been doing so well, so please hold on in there!

hi all
mind if i join in? i had a major blip yesterday and even before that my scales showed a gain so i am too scared to look now ( sad thing is i didnt even really enjoy the blip!)
it took me six weeks to lose 1.5 stone and i have the same again to lose so really wanted to be close to that for xmas but now feel i have ruined my chances
anyway onwards and upwards we go and a fresh start it is

Hi Slushy & K-nine, welcome and everyone is so supportive especially on this thread... we can guide each other through the good times and bad!!

Good luck...

Love

Hi Everyone,

Had a really pissed off day, with staying the same, but strangely apart from wanting to eat everything in sight... I have resisted temptation to stuff myself to make me feel better :party0049: so at least that is something I have done right.

Still feel like a failure this week, even though I have been 100% good for 6 days running!! nevermind, hopefully it will show next week.

Decided that maybe I should stop jumping on the scales, but woe betide them not showing a loss next week!! I think I will smash the boots scales to pieces!! Anyway stuck to it absolutely today.... made porridge with a vanilla shake :eek: yuk!! made me feel :jelous:, then put some psyllium husks in my soup to thicken it up :jelous:!!! so don't think husks are for me....

Drank lots and lots of water, so will probably be up all nite going the loo!!

Love

Hi everyone,

Nikki I'm glad that you've been strong today even with such a disappointment this morning. Next week can only be better. You are not a failure btw!

If scale hopping makes you feel crap then please don't do it! I do it, but I must say that I don't take much notice of the daily fluctuations - and I don't do it everyday.

I must admit that I'm with you on the husks - they just aren't me!!

I have had my 4 packs today but must admit that I have eaten. But I did last Saturday too. I had some chicken and salad, and some potato rostis with my mum and dad this evening. I am quite happy to have an evening meal with the family on a Saturday night, only today I wish I hadn't bothered because I couldn't taste a darn thing! Will this cold ever go :mad:!!! I really had an urge for a nice glass of wine but not being able to appreciate it made me resist!

Nikki well done not eating even when you were fed up. I hope you have a better day tomorrow :)

Sarah - well done resisting wine!

I ended up baking again today. I nibbled a bit off the edge of some flapjack then managed to stop myself before the whole piece went in my mouth! That must be about the worst stuff ever when you are trying to lose weight, pure fat and sugar! Smelt good though :rolleyes:

I also made a lot of other stuff, won't list it though because it'll make me want to eat it :p

I've had 5L of water today, managed not to have a Saturday night binge which is an improvement on this time last week! So now I've made it past Saturday I'm hoping this week will go smoothly on SS!

Time I wasn't here, 2am again. I never seem to drag myself off to bed before this time!

Welcome to the thread Slushy :)

Night all
Mocha xx

Morning Everyone,

How are you all feeling? Did anyone binge last nite? I'm feeling OK, still naffed off but I think I will for a while... couldn't get over yukky psyllium husks...

Love

Back