Episode VII - A New Start!

Mocha, you are always up so late. I thought I was a night owl!! I suppose if it's the only time you get a bit of peace from the madness of the kids lol!!! I admire you and Nikki for your baking skills!

Well once again I have woken up feeling really rubbish. I am so blocked up and can't breathe. This goddamn cold is lasting forever. Been down to my Dad's for a hankie and Olbas oil and it is attached to my top. Thing is I cannot smell it all. I thought it wasn't strong and made my Dad smell it and his eyes watered!!! I also can't taste anything, so my banana shake is just "stuff with a weird consistency". I feel another duvet day coming on. I've had more duvet days in the last month than I've had in a long time. Perhaps a testiment to the stress that I've been under. Thank goodness our new girl starts tomorrow. We've all got our fingers crossed that she works out really well, because I can't cope with this!!!

Ah well, I guess it means that I'll catch up with my Sky Plus and be on here all day. Could be worse things to do on a Sunday :D

Morning everyone. Glad you're all ok. I've gone off husks too, I hate the consistency of them yuk!

I did the most foolish thing last night - no it doesn't involve eating! I woke up with a mega headache so scrabbled about in my bedside drawers for some paracetamol. I found the paracetamol and took two and went back to sleep. Anyway when i woke up this morning my tummy was making wired noises and when I rolled over I realised that I had managed to take ducolax instead of paracetamol. So I can't go out - i just have to sit indoors patiently waiting for the explosion. Sorry if TMI!

What is everyone else up to?

lol I actually feel ok at the moment - I might chance it and pop into Manchester - but only the Arndale so I know that there are loos close by!

Morning all

Sarah how annoying that your cold seems to be getting worse not better! I hope your duvet day gets rid of it! I am a bit of a night owl, even when I start work really early in the summer I'm still rarely in bed before 2am.

Nikki, I haven't tried the husks. I bought a big tub but never tried them, maybe I might leave it that way :)

Chika, I couldn't help laughing at your post. That's the sort of thing I would do! I hope the explosion doesn't ruin your shopping trip :D

I scale hopped this morning and I'm a gnats whisker away from being in the 11's! So tomorrow might be the day :D

I hope everyone has a good afternoon

Mocha xx

Good morning all you slimmer people.

I pigged out yesterday - hangover eating. Was sticking with protien, but somehow some bad stuff slipped in too. Oh well, will have to get back on it today.

My intake of wine was limited last night (because we ran out!) so not feeling too bad today.

I've persuaded my OH that a pair of MBTs will really help shape up my legs and bum, so we're off shopping in a while. He has said he'll treat me, but I don't know whether I actually told him just how much they cost....... I think there will have to be some extra 'thank yous' in the bedroom for this!

Sarah, have you got someone you can send out to buy you a vapouriser? I bought one years ago and it makes a huge difference in clearing a blocked nose while you sleep. You can get the Karvol ones from Boots for around a fiver I think.

Good luck with your exploding bum Chika - don't forget to put the wet wipes and air freshener in your bag when you go out!

Nikki, you did brilliantly to resist pigging out yesterday after your disappointing weigh in. You are bound to lose heaps next week. Have you measured yourself? Did you lose any inches last week? That can be a great motivator too!

Hi slushy, and welcome to the blip thread! I think we've all been doing that this week. You probably haven't done too much damage - at worst, just slowed down your loss, but a few days at 100% will sort that out.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Mocha that you're in the 11s tomorrow (then I'll be dead jealous too!) I've just got into the 12s this weekend, and it feels great.

I've been rummaging through my wardrobe and trying on my too small clothes - I have 11 pairs of size 14 jeans! I am such a hoarder, but at least most of them fit now, even if some are a little snug.

What does everyone else do with their 'too big' clothes? I've given away a bag of 'much too big' but I don't know whether to throw out the things that were fitting just a few weeks ago. I know it's a pessimistic attitude, but what if I put the weight back on? Will giving the clothes away stop me from pigging out and get control?

I've spent so many years yo-yoing and I am really fed up with it. I don't want to regain this weight EVER again, but this little nag keeps saying 'you'd better hang on to them, you put it all back on last time'.

What do you all do?

Oh Amber, that's a very good question. I have spent a happy couple of hours this morning going through my entire wardrobe, drawers etc. I have a huge pile of stuff that is too big now. Some of it will be going anyway but I do have some nice bits I'm not sure what to do with. Anyway, I then went into my "just a little bit too small" drawer and most of that fit. I couldn't find a skirt I expected to find in there so sat & thought where it might be. Then remembered I had put a "few" bits in the drawer under my daughter's bed. Well there was stacks of stuff in there. Icouldn't believe it. Okay, some of it is dated and will have to go but there are some classic bits in there too. Some of it actually fits!!! Anyway, there is stuff in there that will see me through the 14s on my way to the 12s (teehee). I'm thrilled. Put on some 80s disco music, danced my way through cleaning the kitchen, then stared on the understairs cupboard. I'm Buzzzzzzing!!!

But what to do with that pile of "too bigs"? I'm going to hold onto them for a few more weeks because I just can't get my head around the fact that this is really happening. I look and feel like a different woman but maybe I'll just wake up and find I am the same old frumpy me after all.

K9
x

Afternoon all. How is today going? I've been busy doing some housey stuff and thought I'd have a quick break and catch up on water and minimins :D I'm really behind on the water today, only had 1.5L so far. I always seem to do this, have not enough for the first half a day then loads in the evening and late at night. I bet I'll still manage 5 litres before bed but I really need to space it out a lot more!

Amber thanks for what you said about getting into the 11's, I can't wait, I'm all excited about jumping on the scales tomorrow, silly aren't I! Well done getting into the 12's, it feels like such an achievement when you drop into the next stone bracket don't you think? Even though it's only a number! It's motivational :)

I just had a nice compliment. I went to drop my daughter's friend off after she stayed here last night and her Mum who I don't know very well really said to me "Wow, someone said they thought you must have been on a diet, now I can see why they said it!" I was over the moon, wanted to kiss her for that. LOL! To say it made my day is an understatement!

I hope everyone is having a good day and drinking lots more water than I am! :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Mocha xx

Morning all!

Not a post on here for 15 hrs, where is everyone hiding? :hide:

Sarah, how is the cold this morning. Are you still a snot factory? Hope you feel a bit better :hug99:

I didn't make it into the 11's this morning! So it will be tomorrow I hope! I'm now dead on 12st which means exactly 2.5 stones lost. Yay! I love CD :D

I'm busy glugging my first litre, we all woke up late because I heard my alarm, turned it off, rolled over, went back to sleep :eek:

Hope everyone has a good day today!:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Hannah - are you out there? I hope the job is going well. I guess you must be as busy as a busy thing because we haven't seen you on here for a while :)

Mocha xx

Hi girls

I've been really bad over the weekend and the scales have shot back up - thankfully I'm still below last weeks weigh in and have a couple of days to try to make it up, but I'm very cross with myself :whoopass:.

Well done on your 2.5 stone milestone Mocha - you must be dead chuffed with yourself. I can't wait to have lost that amount - you can be my inspiration today as we have both set similar amounts to lose, and you're proving it can be done!

I overslept this morning as well, but mostly due to keep having to get up in the night with a very dodgy tummy. This has been going on since Friday and I'm not looking forward to trying to find toilets whilst on the road today!

Hope your cold is a bit better Sarah and that the new girl at work eases some of the pressure you've been under.

Stick with the SSing today Nikki - you and I are both going to struggle after the weekend, but we can do it and it is sooooo worth it!

I must dash - I just threw my clothes on to take Isobel to school, and now have to get showered and changed - I'm working in East London today so hopefully the morning traffic will have eased a bit.

Have a great day all of you
x

Morning Amber

I hope your dodgy tum sorts itself out and you don't have any problems today!

I had a bad weekend last weekend and it took me all week to get rid of the gain the scales showed! If you are still under last weeks WI then it can't have been toooo bad :)

I hope you have a good day today and you manage to get straight back into SS, good luck :D

Morning everyone...Feeling brighter and better today, and raring to go... just don't know whether to have a week off the bars (can't really avoid the tetra's)... anyone got any ideas for shakes, cos I really don't like the consistency...Sarah - hunny, how are you feeling this morning?Mocha J - good to hear you upbeat - 11's tomorrow!!Love

Morning everyone from my bed!!!

Woke up this morning at 6am, with the alarm, felt really ill but got up and headed to the shower. In there I realised how awful I still felt and that if I went to work I would just be making myself worse in the long run.

So I decided to call in sick. I left a message on the work answer phone, then wrote an email to my colleagues with stuff that I had remembered that was important for today. I then texted all my engineers to tell them I was off and to contact the office directly. Got a nice get well soon message back from one of them but I've also had a couple of calls. I think they might have got the message because nothing for a while.

So I'm now just going to take it easy today and hopefully be back on par again tomorrow. I have eaten - some toast, a choc biscuit and some chicken. But I just felt like I needed to - and I really haven't felt like a need to eat for a long time. I have wanted to eat for other reasons, but not felt the need. So today I will eat and tomorrow I will be back on plan. I'm not worried or stressing about it - got to do want's good for me.

Hope everyone else is ok, and I'll try and catch up later because I'm going to try and sleep now!

How is everyone doing? I'm not too bad, had 2 litres of water so far today... went for coffee to Costa earlier, but George (DS) decided to throw up everywhere!! nevermind...Love

Back