Erm's Photo Diary

i love celeriac chips. i do like celery aswell so maybe that helps.

Chipmunk89 said:
Yeah, and it gets worse when you start cutting it up - it stinks!! ;)

It does smell baaad of celerlery and it made my hands itch like mad, but it tasted less of celery when cooked with the schpices!

Hi Erm, almost didnt see you there behind all these celeriac comments in your diary :D

thanks for the info on the kofta curry.. i've had koftas before in a totally different sauce and wasnt a big fan, but glad you've said its nice as i have always shared your opinion on SW recipes.. most of them are totally bland!!

well done on your 2.5lbs, thats brill stuff xxx

Hopt to say celeriac is theugliest veg in the universe and it does stunk baaaaad of celery which I detest, but its actually yum when you spicy-chippify it! :) Great way to get your superfree in anyway.

ermintrude said:
Hopt to say celeriac is theugliest veg in the universe and it does stunk baaaaad of celery which I detest, but its actually yum when you spicy-chippify it! :) Great way to get your superfree in anyway.

What spice do you put on it? Xx

Actually the egg & lentil thing was pretty boring really :confused: Usual Whuppingass pretentious bollox. A good old normal egg sarnie would be better IMO. Its fine to stick curry powder & lentils in as a change but nothing out of the ordinary or particularly worth much effort. Alright to ring the changes though I guess.

The chestnut & veg pot pie recipe I got from here. I first made it about a year ago and it seemed fab at the time, but this time round it was a bit meh tbh. :confused: I suppose I didn't used to expect much back then :rolleyes: but my Cooking Skillzzz have improved these days and I can make much better stuff so I expect a bit more :D

Ooh thanks v much Erm. That is the one I looked at actually so need to get a few of the ingredients in but have a tin of chestnuts that we randomly got at Christmas and won't use unless I give this a go!

Shame about the sarnies. Think will try anyway just for variety but will prob come to same conclusion as you! xxx

Chip-Pie I was susceptible to negative celeriac propaganda at the time! If I'm honest, it looks a bit like a brain so it's freaking me out that I have to eat it :(

:8855:

Have a great day xxx

Hi Erm, almost didnt see you there behind all these celeriac comments in your diary :D

thanks for the info on the kofta curry.. i've had koftas before in a totally different sauce and wasnt a big fan, but glad you've said its nice as i have always shared your opinion on SW recipes.. most of them are totally bland!!

well done on your 2.5lbs, thats brill stuff xxx

Ooh think I missed this??!! Well done Erm xxx

What spice do you put on it? Xx

Whatever you fancy, I quite like the Schwartz piri piri shake thing. Or just good ol' salt n pepper. :)

Can I have celeriac chips with a sunday roast or would that be odd?? Was just going to do the salt & pepper variety and hide it with the roasted carrot and parsnips :)

Saturday 25th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB 1.5 syns
Lunch: Leftover Kofta curry & rice
Tea:
Starter: Tartiflette 3.5 syns for streaky bacon and white wine, 9.5 syns for Reblochon
Main: Braised lamb shanks with crushed herb potatoes 1.5 syns for oil and flour, 8.5 syns for red wine. I expect there's a fair few syns in the lamb shank too but let's be honest we're not On Plan today :rolleyes:
Snacks: 3 Lindor mini eggs 5 syns, Bovril, wine about 30 syns

Had a go at julesm's Tartiflette:

6785777912_0823710077_o.jpg

Great idea but I got the wrong potatoes and used way too many IMO, I made it all potato and notalottasauce :( Also didnt pay attention to how big jules's 'mini' Reblochon was as mine was a lot bigger than a HEX worth, even quartered :p This would be great for a Green day though, but too many HEXes for cheeeeeeeese on any other day. (Well, if you're like me and want a gazillion coffees in the morn anyhoo :rolleyes: )

But I wasnt really cooking it on plan anyway, it being Saturday so sod it. :cool: Next time Id use waxier potatoes, cut em reaaaaally fine and not bother boiling 'em first. (I used good ol' King Eddie but the recipe did ask for new pots so's me own fault )

The sauce itself was diviiiiiiiiiiine btw!!! :drool: I licked a substantial amount of it up while I was cooking (could be why there was v little left for the tartiflette... :rolleyes: ) Id also use trimmed medallions rather than synning streaky next time.

6785777912_0823710077_o.jpg

Then it was the lamb shanks Ohhhh my life these babies were rich! :faint2: Fabulous though. Too heavy for me really, I dont eat meat much other than chicken and I found these a bit like duck, very fatty, slippy. It fell right off the bone! I couldnt even fish it it out to reduce the sauce - as soon as I picked one up all the meat fell off the bone back into the pan! :eek: Was lovely but very, very rich, I couldn't finish it! The balsamic made the flavour but I think was a bit too much, next time Id halve it and maybe chuck a squarwe or two of chocolate in to balance it out.

6785777928_61a8e4dd8b_o.jpg

Soooooo Sunday. Back On Plan :cool: :D

wow food looks delicious, although I am off lamb now, the sauce the lamb shanks were in which I got from costco was not very nice, such a shame, as lamb shanks are hard to find here.

Sunday 26th Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB 1.5 syns
Lunch: Mushroom, blue cheese and watercress sandwich 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB & 4.5 syns
Tea: North African squash & chickpea stew
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, carrots, peach, pear, Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, 6 Mikado 1.5 syns

Another Whuppingass for lunch:

6934779749_716313c2c9_o.jpg

not a fan, too rich for me, FAR too much cheese and everything just made the bread go soggy although I supose if you used doorstop size it'd be OK. :(

And then Whuppingass for tea too (yes I know Im torturing myself but I was given the recipe book for Crimbo so I must give a few of them a go) - but to my amazement this one was surprisingly good:

6934779841_21f0852920_o.jpg

Yeah I know it looks like every other stew I make every other day of the week :whistle: but it was actually quite nom in a mild kinda way, the ground ginger, cinnamon & saffron made a lovely flavour together and having the orzo to bulk it up was a nice change. Had a hint of lemon to it, Im not sure what that was from. I'll add this one to my favourites list! :faint2:

stew looks lovely Erm, could I request the recipe please? :D on a green week this week! xx

Yup, here we go, edited vaguely:

Squash & chickpea stew

Ingredients:
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 rounded tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 rounded tsp ground ginger
- 1 rounded tsp cinnamon
- 100g dried red lentils
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- pinch saffron, toasted & crushed
- 500ml passata
- large handful parsley, chopped
- 500g butternut squash, deseeded & chopped
- 1.2 litres veg stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 50g orzo (or other small pasta pieces)

Method:
- Fry onions in Fry Light until golden
- Add garlic, celery, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon & ginger & fry on low/medium for a couple of mins
- Add lentils, chickpeas, saffron, passata and parsley, cover and simmer on low for 15min
- Add squash, bay leaves & stock and simmer, covered for 30 min
- Add pasta and cook until done (about 20min)
- Season generously to taste

6934779841_21f0852920_o.jpg

aww thanks Erm, got all those ingredients too so think I'll make that for tea :D xx

I've got an urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge for crissssssssssssssssspzzzzzzzzzz :mad:

And I could REEEEEELY do with a nice glass of vino.

And the OH is not in, Im all on my own and really want to pig out :(

But Im not. Because only one more day to WI. Which is lucky. If today was any earlier than Monday I would be snaffling the lot :sigh:

Back