Eurodiet

Hey look PEOPLE, where has everyone been? Hi Ails are you over 'there' as well or hiding out today??

Hi Irene I'm doing a mix of 1 and 2, 1 during the week and 2 on the weekend, so I'm looking forward to some salmon and veggies for my tea tonight.

Thanks Claire, I hope I prove to be interesting enough for you... if you know what i mean, i hope I get the right results!!

Vikki.

Here, there, in the garden...................

EURO DIET HELP!

Hello All,

read through some of your stories.... you all seem to be doing very well.... i started the euro diet today and i need your help.

Today i have had chocolate shake for breakfast, leek and potato soup for lunch with a bowl of steamed veg, apricot and orange snack bar then patatoe pure and roasged veg for dinner.... and i really didn't enjoy any if it.... in fact the potato was so bad i didn't finish it and had an apple crumble dessert instead, which also wasn't that great.
i have 2 weeks left on just the packet food and spent out so much money that i am determined not to give up.... but what can i do to make everything taste nicer?

Please help......:cry:

Have you been on any VLCD before? I never ever liked the shakes/soups/tetras on CD. I used to have such trouble getting them down without gagging. But started to think of them as my medication and that I needed them to get better (in my case slimmer)

Are you going to get a call from ED in a couple of days? If so see if they can suggest something. I do know the cereal bar mixed with a little skimmed milk is lovely and the omlettes are not bad.

Irene xx

Don't worry!!

Hiya, don't forget you can add herbs, spices, black pepper, tobasco and the like to things, I roast my vegetables in balsamic vinegar which gives them a sticky sweet coating. I didn't go for the puree myself as it was likened to Smash and I never liked that at the best of times (makes me gag just thinking about it!!).

When I made my soup I used lots of veggies and just added the leek and potato to thicken it up a bit at the end. It's a shame the apple crumble dessert wasn't great, as that was next on my list. Have you tried the brownies yet? They are fab!

I'm having the cereal bar every day for breakfast which is like Jordans Crunch, a soup for lunch, omelette for tea and a dessert last thing at night, or a hot chocolate drink. It does have a heavy consistency which I am told is the protein content of the packs, you really do get used to it after a while, so do perservere.

Vikki.

Euro diet update

hello again,

thank you both of our for your replies.

Ok it's day 3.... i've had the omlett (ceese and chive) and it wan;t bad - didn't make me gag and the orange shake, it tasted a little like orange calpol??? but it was drinkable. i'm currently going through sugar withdrawal so i have a constant headache which is not fun... and i'm having problems sleeping, but i'm hoping both will subside once ketosis has kicked in and the sugar cravings go.
Doing a little better than on the first day at least... just hope it's worth it at the end of the first week.... hoping it is, then i'll have the momentum to keep going.....

was a bit naughty today and had a handful of sultanas, but then i didn't have the soup at lunch as they are far too salty....

So how is everyone doing, how much weight has everyone lost??

Hiya, I'm glad to hear you're battling on, I do think it's worth getting through the first week as the end result is worth the pain!

I lost 7.25 pounds in my first week on ED, don't be dismayed by that though, I did LighterLife a year ago and lost 6 stone with that (11lb in my first week), so I couldn't expect another massive weight loss again starting this one. My 2nd WI is on Saturday so watch this space, I know my jeans are much looser, so even if the weight hasn't gone I know the inches have. I'm also measuring myself every week, so I'll see something shrinking one way or another.

Try and steer clear of those sultanas as they will drop you out of ketosis like a brick, and you'll be in headache hell even longer!!

Vikki.

I'm guessing your ED career has ended then Shelley? Another good day for me, with lots of digging in the garden to speed things up too. 2nd WI for me tomorrow, and I''m very excited to see how I've done.

Vikki.

Good luck with your weight in tomorrow Vikki:wavey:

Love Mini xxx

2lb down this week, sorta was hoping for more, but as I haven't followed the plan 100% to the letter, I am happy overall!

Vikki.

hello again, sorry for the late reply i've been away.

I've stuck with ED and am quite proud of myself for doing so because i have been to a BBQ a party and a funeral, all with lovely food nd i managed to stay on course. sat in the corner at the funeral and had my ceareal bar and a huge glass of water!

thanks for the tip about the sultanas, didn't realise that, hope it hasn't hindered my weight loss too much??

I've not done a WI yet, but then i'm not 100% sure what my weight was before i started... i think it was 10.5 stone (bearing in mind i'm only 5 foot). i weighed myself unofficially (officially being the scales at Boots) at a friends last night and it said 10 stone, so i am very encouraged to keep it going - although i am getting a little bored of all the veg, but know it's good for me and i'll be thankful in the long run.

Well done on your weight loss so far, it's really good! and i'm sure you'll reach your gole by 22nd Dec if not before!

I'll weigh myself officially on monday (that'll be a week) and let you all know.....

my goal is 9 stone by christmas (or as soon as possible like the rest of the impaitent female popultion)

had the brownies today... didn't like them very much?? but the crapes and orange shake were nice.

Good luck everyone...... Irene how you doing on the ED?

2lb down this week, sorta was hoping for more, but as I haven't followed the plan 100% to the letter, I am happy overall!

Vikki.

Well done Vikki on your 2lbs. off:clap:

We always want more:):rolleyes::sigh:

Here is a photo belonging to DawnC of what one pound of fat looks like:eek:

1Ib fat

Well done Ireene! Over 7 1/2 lbs. is brill!!!!

I bet your so pleased with yourself:D

Love Mini xxx:happy096:

This looks really interesting, I'm going to sit and watch for a while but I may well move over.

I'm just going to see how I get on with my restart before I make any changes though.

Thanks Irene for pointing me in the direction of this thread and well done to everyone trying it, you're all doing really well.

Hi Flopster...I remember you from when I started LL last September. I've gained about a stone since stopping LL, and have found ED a far nicer replacement for it! I think the going is slower with ED, but I don't mind if the food tastes good!

Vikki.

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie here, and also to the ED. I am on day three of phase one. The first day was awful as I couldn't eat anything, but I have learned that the soups taste fab if you mix them with cold water and then nuke it in the microwave, and don't do omlettes in the microwave at all!! I managed to eat one today done in a frying pan. Really nice that way. I mix it up with lactolite instead of water.
I am 93 kilos at the moment - have no real goal weight, more of a goal size! I'd like to be a size 14 when I'm done!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Back