Everyone has a fat friend... I don't want to be yours! 2013...

Dont be embarrassed your doing something about it and your journey can only be a good one - may the scales be kind to you x

thanks hun, i feel a bit sad about it today, i cant believe i let myself get this way but i got myself into it, ill get myself out! i suppose these emotions are all part of the journey. i feel ready for the challenge and excited to lose weight and to be fair ive usually cheated by now so that can only be a good sign lol x

Ahhhh dont be sad - your in the right place and frame of mind now - you have all the help and support you need here. Just shout someone will always help if your struggling. There are loads of recipe/ideas threads if you want something different to eat

im fine with meals but i am such a binge eater. my meals are always generally healthy anyway but its the junk food i struggle with... especially crisps! i would think nothing of eating a share bag of crisps a couple of times a week. oo thats sounds disgusting when i say it out loud!
im just very impatient and want the weight gone... yesterday!

todays update...

omg i am about to burst! i will never understand the science of SW.
i have just had the most delicious meal thanks to my wonderful OH.... pork steaks, fried red cabbage with bacon, roasted swede and carrot. amazing!
i am also in the process of looking for a nice dress in a size 16.... this will be my first target dress but im not putting a date on it as i think its difficult to predict where the weight will come off from and how quickly or slowly i will drop the dress sizes.
hope everyone else has had a good day today?! xx

Hi you sound like me! I have let myself go!!!:cry:WHY? I have no idea, but all I know is that like you if I do not get off my bum and do something about it I will get bigger and bigger and I am no way going to buy any clothes a size bigger than the 22 I am at the moment. I have 2 children 8 and 5, and really wanna go on holiday with them and be confident and proud of myself and for them to be proud of me. I want to have lots of pictures to look at, as if I am honest there are not as many photos as I would like of them and me when they were younger :( Can't get this time back now! So here I am again, like you, and I am going to club tomorrow, sod waiting for next week, I WANT results by next week and sitting on my bum will not get me them. I wish you all the best and will try and pop in from time to time to see how you and I are doing.
Sarah x

Hi you sound like me! I have let myself go!!!:cry:WHY? I have no idea, but all I know is that like you if I do not get off my bum and do something about it I will get bigger and bigger and I am no way going to buy any clothes a size bigger than the 22 I am at the moment. I have 2 children 8 and 5, and really wanna go on holiday with them and be confident and proud of myself and for them to be proud of me. I want to have lots of pictures to look at, as if I am honest there are not as many photos as I would like of them and me when they were younger :( Can't get this time back now! So here I am again, like you, and I am going to club tomorrow, sod waiting for next week, I WANT results by next week and sitting on my bum will not get me them. I wish you all the best and will try and pop in from time to time to see how you and I are doing.
Sarah x

Hi Sarah,
We sound so similar! i dont have any pictures of me and my children at all... i think thats just so sad. i intend to make up for it though! i feel so ready to do this now. i just want my children to have a mum who can enjoy life with them and i cant wait to be able to run about with them in the summer, take them swimming and generally feel confident in being a good role model for them. How much weight do you want to lose? x

struggling............

omg i am really struggling right now. i could quite easily eat the biggest meat feast pizza and garlic bread with cheese. i am not even hungry but i am really craving junk, i could actually cry! why oh why do i want the rubbish that has made me so fat in the first place. im not giving up and im not going to cheap, i feel so emotional and like a right fool!!

Come on dont be so hard on yourself - your doing so well. Have a nice bath light some candles pamper yourself, read a book/magazine try to take your mind off it

thats exactly what i am going to do texty, when my OH gets back from walking the dog im going to get in the bath and then im going to dry and straighten my hair which is a mammoth task and takes ages, before i know it it will be bed time. how are you getting on today? x

well i had a lie in, had a late lunch - went to make a wholemeal pitta salad with pittas I bought in Aldi yesterday and they were mouldy!!!!!

so ended up having white bread arghhhh

Im making beef dinner for tea so should be ok

oh no, i hate it when that happens and pittas never last very long.
were having veg stir fry with noodles and SW chips for dinner, cant wait, had 2 red days and missing carbs now.

i just cant get my head around EE at all, i know that on paper it is really simple but i really struggle. when i see the weight come off ill give it another go for a week or so. i think its the 3rd superfree i struggle with the most.

If i cant do 1/3 superfree on my plate - I make a big pan of broth or soup and get it that way - i just like a mix of meats and carbs every day so i find EE easier for me. I have to admit i dont always get my superfree religiously every day but as long as the weight is coming off and its only once in a blue moon im happy

the other thing i get confused with is do i have to have meat and carb in the same meal? when im at work i sometimes have a bacon and cheese toastie and a bowl of home made soup which is a SW recipe as the lady who runs the cafe is doing SW. would that be ok as a meal on EE? i would use that as a red meal using a hex b for the toast and a hex a for the cheese..

No you dont have to have them in the same meal i sometimes have just a plate of lean meat and loads of salad ( in warmer weather lol)

Then have all my veg with more meat for my evening meal, and depending whats in the soup you could still have that with your toastie

the soup choices are either tomato and basil, carrot and corriander or butternut squash and red pepper.
i always thought you had to have a 'red' food and a 'green' food in one meal and that just really overfaced me.
sometimes i have tuna with salad, so could i put sweetcorn in that as that is a free green food isnt it? please tell me im getting this haha!

Hi Nettie, like Text F I do mostly EE days. Your soup choices sound delicious! How great you can get them at work, our work soups are not good and I take in my own. The soups are free foods on what ever plan you are on. Your toastie, well the bread would be a healthy extra b on any plan, and also the cheese would be a healthy extra a ( need to weigh these). For the ham you would not need to weigh on a EE or red day, but would be a weighed health extra b on a green day. New SW books are out ......so hope this info is not duff!

Hi Nettie, like Text F I do mostly EE days. Your soup choices sound delicious! How great you can get them at work, our work soups are not good and I take in my own. The soups are free foods on what ever plan you are on. Your toastie, well the bread would be a healthy extra b on any plan, and also the cheese would be a healthy extra a ( need to weigh these). For the ham you would not need to weigh on a EE or red day, but would be a weighed health extra b on a green day. New SW books are out ......so hope this info is not duff!

thanks very much. yes its great at work having the cafe, i work within a community centre and the cafe is run by volunteers who want to get experience that will enable them to get into paid employment and they get free training etc. like i said the lady who runs is does SW so she syns food for me, cuts the fat off the bacon, makes all the soups from SW recipes and even does the SW quiche now and again and its all so cheap. for a cheese and bacon toastie and a bowl of soup its £1.80 :) when i have done red and greens for a few weeks im going to try EE

Back