Everyone has a fat friend... I don't want to be yours! 2013...

Day 5 in the slimming world journey.... grumpy mood you are evicted!!

Good morning lovely people! I'm feeling so positive today. Gave myself a good talking to last night and from now on I'm going to get over this feeling of self pity and just get on with it. It could be so much worse... I could be fat for the rest of my life! I am going to have ups and downs through this journey and I could still quite easily eat a nice pizza so instead I am going to use a Hex B and A and make a chicken and vegetable pizza later on.

Just thought I would pop by and say hello, you're doing really well! It must be great having your OH following SW too because they can give you the support you need as well as helping you not too fall off the SW wagon.
I completely understand the whole junk food urge and i'm so glad i'm not the only one who can happily eat a share bag- it's not a share bag it's my bag of crisps. I wonder if the urge ever goes away or maybe we just learn to deal with it?
Hope you have a great day.

Just thought I would pop by and say hello, you're doing really well! It must be great having your OH following SW too because they can give you the support you need as well as helping you not too fall off the SW wagon.
I completely understand the whole junk food urge and i'm so glad i'm not the only one who can happily eat a share bag- it's not a share bag it's my bag of crisps. I wonder if the urge ever goes away or maybe we just learn to deal with it?
Hope you have a great day.

Lol I absoultly love crisps! Any flavour, any make, any time of day! If its not a share bag I would have 2 or 3 bags of normal sized bags. At least we know the error of our ways hey? I am sure the urge will never go away and we will just learn to control it. despite how positive i feel I could easily eat a share bag right now... mmmm asda cheesy balls! lol xx

Hi nettie - Glad your having a better day today - I knew you could do it :D

I make the chicken pizzas - theyre obviously not the same as a real pizza but they do taste real good, add to them some SW chips and hey presto a filling satisfying meal and loads of syns and calories saved

can you believe i went shopping earlier and forgot the cheese!
having a great day today though, missed lunch as we were at OH's sisters but she did ask us if we wanted to stay for tea... we refused as her OH made a curry and it would have taken us way over our syns. OH is just cooking our tea now... steak, mushrooms, tomatoes and carrot chips! i've chopped up a whole pineapple for later although i must say its not the nicest. you having a good day texty? you doing anything this evening? x

Food wise im doing good thanks :D not a good day news wise for OH his mates mam died on boxing day, and he got a text this morning to say his mate couldnt accept the fact shes gone and hes taken his own life by overdose - so sad. He is ok just very quiet. Were not doing much tonight - daughter and her hubby are popping in for a few drinks but I think it will still be a quiet ish one. New year doesnt bother me to be honest

thats awaful, my brother in law took his own life quite a few years ago now and its such a horrible way to lose someone. hope you and your husband are ok or as well as can be expected, big hugs x
we've just been to my OH grans house for an hour or so, back home now having the rest of my syns for the day and watching some rubbish on TV whilst the OH is looking on line for a new kitchen... just when we thought we had chosen one we are now doubting our choice... do we want a modern high gloss red kitchen or do we want subtle neutral. i can see this is going to be a long process!

Todays update...

Wow day 5 and I'm still here, no cheating, no slip ups and todays sneeky but not official weigh in shows 6lbs lost forever! It's my first real WI on Thursday morning and I really can't wait to see the results. I have also set myself a little target exercise wise... I actually own a treadmill just like the ones you would get in a gym and its been used all of 3 times... well its being plugged in tomorrow and I aim to start off doing a 15 minute jog each night straight after work. I know 15 minutes isn't a lot but at the moment I do not do any exercise at all and I have a sit down job too. I am going to look for a boxercise DVD, this is always something I have wanted to do but I just dont have the confidence to join a class. All in all I'm very pleased with myself so far.... here's to 2013.... happy new year everyone and thanks so much for all your support in such a short time xx

Day 6....
I have just been on the scales and I am 7lbs down since Thursday. Hurry up Thursday, I want that final number. Wonder if I can lose any more in 2 days??!!
I've woken up this morning with a very sore throat and ear ache, my voice is very croaky and my neck feels very achy. This isn't good... I'm back at work tomorrow. Already started my to do list and I have sooooo much paper work to do which is all due in in the 22nd January. I've checked my diary and I am free all week so hoping I can get it all done in 3 days. Got loads of meetings the week after so really going to have to be prepared meals wise as some of them are over the lunch time period and some are at 9am, I usually eat my breakfast at work at 9am so need to make time to have something at home.
Hope everybody has a good day today, we've got no plans at all but hoping to do something before my alarm goes off at 6:30am tomorrow xx

Im back at work tomorrow too yuk - start at 7 15ish , hubby and sis have the dreaded lurgy too with the sore throat etc. It still hasnt stopped hubby going out on the drink all afternoon lol. It just means peace and quiet for me :D until they get in that is. Cant wait to hear how you do on Thurs lol sounds like you have had a great week. How has your OH done?

My OH won't weigh himself until Thursday, he said he's not really interested he will just feel it in his clothes.
I'm in work sometime before 9am and will be finished by 5pm. OH will pick me up and then I think his sister and he kids are coming for tea.
7:15am is an early start, what do you work as? x

I work for the govt my hours are flexi but i like an early start so that 1. I can get a parking space and 2 it means the earlier i start the earlier i can finish :D

I wish I could get away with only weighing once a week but im too addicted

I work flexi too and often get in early with the intention of coming home early but I am the manager (of a sure start children's centre) and this never goes to plan. I am lucky if I can leave half an hour early. I always find something else I can do in the extra hours I'm there and then wonder how I would have ever done the work load without the extra hours! lol
I really dont want to go back tomorrow, my OH is self employed and he has chosen to stay off until the 8th and the kids are not back in school until the 7th so there is only me having to get up and out the door.

Yeh only me to get up tomorrow too as OH and Son also work for govt and flexi hours but they both booked the day off. I unfortunately couldnt get the extra day as the leave book was full boo hoo. I feel an early finish coming on though lol its my WI tomorrow gulp

you had weigh in yet? xx

DAY 7 UPDATE....

I found today really difficult! I didnt get up until 8am and was in work by 9am so didn't have breakfast. Was planning on having breakfast and lunch from the community cafe at work which would have been scrambled egg for breakfast and soup and a toastie for lunch... the flipping cafe was closed!
I ended up going to a local fruit van and buying apples and satsumas and munching on them until 12:30pm, then had scrambled egg on toast for lunch... luckily I found some eggs in the fridge at work and bread in the freezer. I had a packet of quavers mid afternoon.
I'm getting very apprehensive for WI tomorrow morning, all of a sudden I feel so much heavier than I did last week!

Hi nettie - you will do fine tomorrow dont stress hun. You have had a cracking week. Dont let 1 not so bad day spoil the other 6

I went to WI and put on 1 which isnt too bad as I lost 1.5 last week so a total of 0.5 off over xmas

Morning, well the week is over and it's 6lbs off... Gone forever. OH lost 6lbs too so were both off to a good start.
Well done on your loss over Christmas texty!
I'm at work at the moment so just a quick entry to the diary for now, be back tonight

The first day of the second week... wow! I feel totally in control, its so strange! I was speaking to a friend today who is doing weight watchers from home and she is going to weigh in on Thursday mornings too and I will ring her to see how we have done. She also wants to lose 70lbs this year so we have the same target.
I'm so tired tonight, cant wait to get in bed. OH's sister has just gone home as she came for tea and I've got some work to do before I can go bed... the joys of being back at work after the christmas holiday, 2 weeks off and I seem to have forgotten just how much I have to do. Not enough hours in the day! On a very positive note I have a new bed and matress and the bedding is currently in the dryer.... come on bedtime!
Hope everyone has had a good day :D

Wow well done you on your weight loss, you must be chuffed! It's great to have that in control feeling isn't it?

Back