Exante Exercisers

Wow, Mere, you're putting me to shame. Well, I guess soon enough I'll be back in the gym myself, just using my powerplate at home at the moment whilst on the VLCD. I do admire your perseverance. :)

Marge - congratulations, it sounds like you're 'in the zone'. Keep up the good work. :)

Kettlebells and spin today.
According to MFP, 619cals burned up :)

Marge you are doing great with the amount of exercise. I am going to bodysculpt in a few minutes . I enjoy the class but can't stand the instructor as he has his favourites and really only bothers with them . You would think there were only 2 people in the class, a few people have complained to the gym manager and he changed for about two weeks but is now back to the old ways. Still it is quite strenuous exercise so ho hum if I want to really tone up I have to go!
Mere x

Body sculpt class and treadmill used up just over 500 cals. Trainer used me to demonstrate lifting a large kettle bell in one hand straight arm up over my head. Hard going!
Mere x

Wow can't believe how much energy you all have iv'e only been on TS since Friday and iv'e been going to bed at 8pm tried to do the Josie Gibson dvd yesterday and nearly passed out !

Exercise is a funny thing the more you do the more energy you seem to gain as well as feeling great. Hope you find your dvd easier next time.
Mere x

Body sculpt class and treadmill used up just over 500 cals. Trainer used me to demonstrate lifting a large kettle bell in one hand straight arm up over my head. Hard going!
Mere x

Ha, ha, as if he's read your complaint here on Minimins... :)

Good going, Mere!

I am now sorry I slated him on here as the last thing I wanted to do was extra exercise demonstrating while everyone had a short rest. Mind you he did get on to one of his pals about her being a big girl who was moaning about holding the weight in one hand and he pointed out that I was just little with small hands and a big weight but could do it without moaning!
Liked the little bit. :D
Mere x

Haha, that's brilliant Mere :D

Today, kettlebells and circuits :D
I am now getting a proper buzz from exercise :D, in an addictive way :)
I can feel myself getting fitter too :D
I have upped my kettlebell weight to 6kg, and it is making me work so much harder. I haven't managed a full class with the 6kg's yet, but I will, soon ;)

Just the one class later for me today :), circuits.
Although, it can be anything from 30 to 60 mins, depending on the instructor.
Its only supposed to be 30 mins, so anything else is a bonus ;)

Wow Marge 6kg you must be fit. :character00116: I hope you enjoy your circuits. I was a bit lazy this morning and only went to Powerplate but that was just over 200 cals used up so better than nothing. :)
Mere x

Hi folks

BodyCombat for me this morning - 495 calories :)

Wow Debbie body combat is really hard. They used to do it at my gym and I loved it but they don't do it now.:(
Mere x

I love it! I do 2 classes a week. Unfortunately, the time of the 3rd class doesnt fit into my schedule :( I do Zumba and balance too. I've also re-started the Couch to 5k programme. Just finished week 2, yay! x

I love
kettlersize, powerhoop and bodysculpt. I also do Powerplate but don't always love it!
I have never heard of couch to 5k and I am rubbish at body balance!
Mere x

I'm not particularly great at BodyBalance, but I always feel better having done it. I havent heard of bodysculpt, powerhoop or powerplate. They sound very interesting :)

Couch to 5k does what it says on the tin :) It takes you from the couch to running 5kms in 9 weeks. Its quite incredible. I got as far as week 6 last year, but then I got a puppy and it all fell by the wayside.

D xx

I'm not particularly great at BodyBalance, but I always feel better having done it. I havent heard of bodysculpt, powerhoop or powerplate. They sound very interesting :)

Couch to 5k does what it says on the tin :) It takes you from the couch to running 5kms in 9 weeks. Its quite incredible. I got as far as week 6 last year, but then I got a puppy and it all fell by the wayside.

D xx

Body sculpt is A bit like kettlersize with extra abs work. You still use a kettlebell.
Powerhoop is A weighted hoolahoop but as well as spinning it round your waist you do lots of exercises lifting it. The one I use weighs 5kg so is fairly heavy when lifted above your head with one hand. Powerplate is a vibrating plate that you do sit ups pressups plank etc on because of the vibrations it makes the muscles work ten times as hard so gives a very good workout. It must be done with a personal trainer.
Mere x

Wow Mere, thst sounds like incredibly hard work! I gave kettle bells a go a few years ago and struggled with the 2kg, I think it was.

Did my first run of week 3 c25k and then BodyBalance. It was hard, but feel so much better for it :) xx

Exercise always makes me feel great when I finish. Well done on the run and body balance.
Mere x

Thanks Mere...just got the dog to walk now :)

Back