Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

One question for those out there on VLCD, is is wise to exercise while on a VLCD some have said yes some have said no? I will say I'm doing the total solution so only shakes or soups for the first week..I was thinking of doing 40 min of aerobics everyday. Will that be too much?

I tried exercising when I was on Total Solution but it really didn't work for me. I really struggled and felt bad. I moved up to Working Solution and now do 30 minutes circuit training almost every day and run for 30 minutes 3x a week. (Can't believe this is me I'm talking about!) This seems fine for me.

Good luck on your journey..

Thanks Gina and it just shows how far you hav come along on your journey.. I'm going to try 20 mins of aerobics and see how I feel. I often do aerobics so I'll do it today and tomorrow and etc.. and see how I feel. If I feel a bit sluggish and etc.. I'll just stop..

thanks for the support

Thanks Gina and it just shows how far you hav come along on your journey.. I'm going to try 20 mins of aerobics and see how I feel. I often do aerobics so I'll do it today and tomorrow and etc.. and see how I feel. If I feel a bit sluggish and etc.. I'll just stop..

thanks for the support

I have lots to lose so aerobics is a bit beyond me yet but I do a lot of walking with the dog and the one thing I have found since being on TS is that going uphill is much harder. I can walk on the flat for miles but hills kill me! Don't forget you are not putting a lot of calories in so your energy levels are bound to be a bit less than usual.
Good luck with it but don't push yourself too hard.
Bxx

Agreed, i would lay off of any hard exercise for a while if you are on TS, unless of course you already exercise in which case they recommend you continue.
I have only been able to exercise on WS, i wouldn't have found the energy on TS.

Thanks ladies I'll see how I feel after I work out today and if it's too much I'll stop.. I plan to see how TS works for the 1st week and maybe do again the 2nd week then move on to WS..

I have to make a confession about swallowing something I shouldn't have last night..........................no not food (or anything else like that) but a mouthful of fishtank water when I was emptying our aquarium to move it so we can have some work done on the living room - it was very very unpleasant and I have no wish to repeat it - it even gave me a touch of the runs this morning but I don't advise it as a diet tip! Am sure I can still taste it.........
B xx

Quark I'm not sure if I want to ask what happened that you swallowed fish water. I hope your stomach is feeling better..:)

Day 1 is over and it wasn't too bad. I didnt get the opporunity to exercise like I was going to. I got busy cleaning and etc...

I was syphoning the water out into storage tubs so that the tank was empty then we could move it, did not realise how far the water had got up the tube - urgggggggggg.

Congrats on getting through your first day btw. I am sure cleaning counts as exercise anyway :)

I was considering ordering a pack tomorrow of Exante. But I am working part time so not earning that much money so I really only want to do it if I will see a massive difference. I've been losing weight slowly due to my hour+ walking to and fro work etc a day (As well as walking around at the coffee shop) but I hope this combined with Exante could show significant weight loss. I start uni on Sep 21, am about 17 stone 5, what do you think I could lose? I just want to leave the old me behind, being this heavy really reminds me of my ex :(

Thanks Quark :D.. eww i only can imagine swallowing fish water from a tank. How are you today? :) I hope better.. Yes I'm now on to day 2 and so far not too bad.. I'm going to try and exercise today and see how I feel 20 mins of aerobics and if it's too much then I'll stop...

abigail, I say give it a try if you a bit active already with walking I'm pretty sure you would lose weight. I'm not sure how fast but on VLCD generally people tend to lose quick in the first few weeks and especially if you have 30 or more pounds to lose. I see that you are motivated and I say jump on the band wagon and find a diet plan that will work for you. Maybe a VLCD isnt for you and maybe something else is. I've learned on my weight loss journey it's about trail and error..

good luck and welcome :D

Mmmmm, there's nothing like a nice bit of fish water to kick start the day. I regularly do it! LOL
Oh, Quak how awful, hope your poor loo has seen the back of you today!

Abigail, Exante is like any of the other VLCD's and can help you lose approx 1 stone per month...you normally lose more in your first week anyway.

wow dream you have a steady weight loss each week. are you still doing working solution? WOW you've lost 52 pounds :eek: :happy096: you are inspiring, really. Knowing you did it I know for sure that I can do it!

I'm going to do the TS for maybe 12 more days ( 2 weeks) I'm on day 2 and so far not bad at all. I'm still debating on the exercising. Ive been busy this morning and once again have been side tracked with my 20 mins aerobic workout but Im constantly moving in the past days with cleaning grocery shopping washing and etc..

Hello :)

Well the way I look at it, even if its not the right diet for me I should stick to it for a month. That would prove to me I CAN deal without food and I CAN lose weight, I mean I've lost 24lbs roughly but thats been just weight lost from STOPPING eating like 5000 calories.

I've only ordered a few days worth I am going to order week by week to see how I go. But I am not sure how much to consume. I want to do it the SS way because I NEED to learn to leave food behind and not cave to cravings (I have the sweetest tooth in the entire world).
Exactly 1 month 4 weeks till Uni

Good luck Abigail, hope it works for you and that you get on the right side of the cravings. Personally I have not had any cravings (bread is my main downfall) and not even bothered about wine which I normally have most evenings :eek:

Abigail you have the right attitude so you will do it, just like you said. I'm on day 2 and so far I'm ok no cravings and etc.. ordering week to week is a good thing..

I think because you are already losing weight and start being proactive with losing weight you wont have a problem :D

I better do!! I just want to lose weight. I mean I don't actually eat that much anyway. I have had about 700 calories today so far, I will have a small dinner so about 1100 in total which isn't a lot. I realised that to eat so manycalories when putting the weight on I musthave been eating CONSTANTLY!! I hope my pack comes tomorrow!

You dont eat much! I guess you are right to eat 5000 calories a day all you did was eat but those days are behind you now..

I hope your pack comes tomorrow and you will lose weight. You are doing very good on your own.. :D

I am going to aim for 3 stone in the next 8 weeks. I reckon it is doable, I just wonder how much exercise I need to do to get there! Do other people on Exante exercise?

It's definitely doable 1 stone a month.

I'm not sure with the exercising because I wasnt sure if I was going to do it or not. Im on day 2 and was going to do just 20 min of aerobics but have been side tracked with chores and running around.. Tomorrow I'm going to try and do 20 mins of aerobics and I've been doing aerobics at least 3 times a week so it's not like I'm adding some new work out to my routine. I'll see how I feel after tomorrow and if it's too much then I'll just wont do any exercise until I move on to WS..

I walk about 4 miles + a day anyway, 1.4 miles to train station, 1.7 miles from station to work and then all that backagain..oh wiat thats 6.2 miles...wow... I had been cheating and doing the 1.7 on the way back by bus because its uphill but you can bet I won't do that now!! I will bloody walk it.

Thats 789 calories!!!!!!!!!! If I am doing that everyday then thats really good and all I need to do is tone. I'd walk the whole way but thats a bit too far.....11 miles. Don't think its doable lol

Back